PDA

View Full Version : 13 members of playoff committee program and conference tie ins

Pokerdawg44
08-15-2014, 05:03 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?id=11356879&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.secran t.com%2Frant%2Fp%2F51593648%2F13-member-playoff-committee-graphic-on-their-ties-to-programs---conferences.aspx%22%7D

EdDawg
08-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Why on earth is Condi on the panel? Maybe she knows her stuff but I would rather have a former coach or a guy like Gruden on the panel instead of her.

Pokerdawg44
08-15-2014, 05:13 PM
Why on earth is Condi on the panel? Maybe she knows her stuff but I would rather have a former coach or a guy like Gruden on the panel instead of her.

I thought the exact thing. Makes no sense

Dawgcentral
08-15-2014, 05:26 PM
I don't know. I knew she was a big NFL fan, guess she's a college fan also. I do know that she's brilliant. So she has that going for her.

AFDawg
08-15-2014, 05:28 PM
I think she's there as a sort of academic representative. Plus, I think she knows the game pretty well. She was rumored to be an NFL Commissioner candidate.

dawgs
08-15-2014, 05:56 PM

Gruden doesn't have time to adequately watch enough games with his mnf stuff and espn nfl segments.

IMissJack
08-15-2014, 06:02 PM
My personal opinion is that IF MSU ever did have a shot, most of these people will give the benefit of the vote to the big name schools. I would rather have the computers running the selections.

Todd4State
08-15-2014, 06:22 PM
Condi is on the committee because it pretty much guarantees at least one member will not have bias and for "diversity".

Dawgcentral
08-15-2014, 06:28 PM
Condi is on the committee because it pretty much guarantees at least one member will not have bias and for "diversity".

I was thinking the same. While some may not agree with her political stance, she comes from a family that stressed education first. From the interviews I've seen of her, and what I've read, she seems to be level headed. That tends to make me lean toward thinking she'd have a broad perspective.

PassInterference
08-15-2014, 06:30 PM
Condi is damn smart and a big sports fan. Her dream job is NFL commissioner. Look at her resume before concluding that's rediculous.

She is there for diversity. Intelligencia diversity.

War Machine Dawg
08-15-2014, 06:40 PM
Condi is damn smart and a big sports fan. Her dream job is NFL commissioner. Look at her resume before concluding that's rediculous.

She is there for diversity. Intelligencia diversity.

Condi will be a fantastic member of the committee. Hell, I'm more worried about old farts like Archie and guys like Gruden who don't have the time to watch the college games closely enough and are likely to vote based purely on "name."

War Machine Dawg
08-15-2014, 06:41 PM
My personal opinion is that IF MSU ever did have a shot, most of these people will give the benefit of the vote to the big name schools. I would rather have the computers running the selections.

Gotta agree. It seemed like the easiest, most simple solution ever to take the top 8 from the BCS and have them play it off. But of course, that's why it didn't happen. The NCAA has to f up everything it touches.

The Federalist Engineer
08-15-2014, 08:35 PM
This committee sucks, but Condi is not the reason.

Why not use the polls? The BCS formula? This committee can only be the reason why a good team is left off.

At least the BCS formula tries to be formulaic and data driven. A team can see where they are screwed weeks ahead. This committee can strike like a angel of death and there will be nothing but a cloud of smoke to explain why.

FISHDAWG
08-15-2014, 10:02 PM
I don't know. I knew she was a big NFL fan, guess she's a college fan also. I do know that she's brilliant. So she has that going for her.

she's also a member of the Augusta National Golf Club ... the chick is wired in

dawgs
08-15-2014, 11:15 PM
This committee sucks, but Condi is not the reason.

Why not use the polls? The BCS formula? This committee can only be the reason why a good team is left off.

At least the BCS formula tries to be formulaic and data driven. A team can see where they are screwed weeks ahead. This committee can strike like a angel of death and there will be nothing but a cloud of smoke to explain why.

if the computers would just make their algorithms public, i'd be all about this (a few years ago there was an error that could have easily changed the title game participants). i'd also boot out the sham of the coaches' poll, get the AP poll back in the fold, and keep the harris poll.

dawgman
08-16-2014, 11:27 AM
she's also a member of the Augusta National Golf Club ... the chick is wired in

Thought it was Shoal Creek in B'ham she is a member of

TheRef
08-16-2014, 11:29 AM
Thought it was Shoal Creek in B'ham she is a member of

She is the second woman member of Augusta National. The first (who came the same year) is the GE CEO since GE is such a huge sponsor of the Master's.