PDA

View Full Version : Another one may have gone down in Bearland

starkvegasdawg
08-15-2014, 12:03 PM
Saw a report that Isacc Gross may be done for the year. Not sure how valid it is but it is circulating amongst the bear circles.

War Machine Dawg
08-15-2014, 12:05 PM
Damn, hate to hear that if true. Gross is a beast, would love to have him on our team as a DE.

ShotgunDawg
08-15-2014, 12:12 PM
Injuries can happen to anyone, and this is unfortunate if true, but at what point do people begin to question the off season work outs of that team. There seems to be more injuries than usual up there.

starkvegasdawg
08-15-2014, 12:17 PM
From what I was reading this sounded like something that may have been nagging for a while. The poster said it was nerve damage and that he was seeking to red shirt this season due to it - if there is any merit to any of this. If there is, I agree with y'all that it is unfortunate. I hate TSUN with a passion but I hate to see any kid get hurt. Especially when you have put in all the work in the off season to get ready to play only to have it taken away days before the season starts.

08-15-2014, 12:21 PM
Taking a page from UF's excuse book.*** Honestly they've had some terrible luck.

starkvegasdawg
08-15-2014, 12:25 PM
They may want take the rest of their practices off the field and just have them play NCAA14 on Play Station.

Dawg61
08-15-2014, 12:28 PM
Damn that sucks for them, he's a good player

Eric Nies Grind Time
08-15-2014, 12:30 PM
Saw a report that Isacc Gross may be done for the year. Not sure how valid it is but it is circulating amongst the bear circles.

Are you just taking this from a post on Nafoom? Not exactly a report.

gtowndawg
08-15-2014, 12:31 PM
From what I was reading this sounded like something that may have been nagging for a while. The poster said it was nerve damage and that he was seeking to red shirt this season due to it - if there is any merit to any of this. If there is, I agree with y'all that it is unfortunate. I hate TSUN with a passion but I hate to see any kid get hurt. Especially when you have put in all the work in the off season to get ready to play only to have it taken away days before the season starts.

But can't nerve damage be really serious? Like life changing serious? Hate to hear it for him. I want to beat them full strength. No excuses.

starkvegasdawg
08-15-2014, 12:34 PM
Are you just taking this from a post on Nafoom? Not exactly a report.

Since you asked, yes, that was where I saw it. That was also why I said I was not sure how valid it was.

ShotgunDawg
08-15-2014, 12:37 PM
Sounds kinda like what happened to Peyton Manning his last year in Indianapolis. Scary to say the least.

defiantdog
08-15-2014, 12:44 PM
Had to go research on OM's site.... I felt dirty doing this. On http://www.olemisssports.com/blog/.... I found this statement by Freeze.

"Freeze on Issac Gross: 'He's fine. He was back yesterday at practice. He seemed to be his old self. He had a little neck strain, but he looked good yesterday at practice.'"

This was on August 13th.... so I don't know if he injured himself today or yesterday.

EAVdog
08-15-2014, 12:45 PM
Who knows if this is true but I've heard folks complain about the turf in their IPF. They seem to have a lot of ACL issues. Maybe it's just conjecture. Hate to hear it injuries like ACL/MCL can be with you the rest of your life.

archdog
08-15-2014, 12:47 PM
Hate to hear it. Isaac from all I know, seems like a fine young player. Wish him a quick recovery.

Johnson85
08-15-2014, 12:49 PM
Injuries can happen to anyone, and this is unfortunate if true, but at what point do people begin to question the off season work outs of that team. There seems to be more injuries than usual up there.

I think some teams are just get snake bit. It's certainly possible they are experiencing injuries at a higher than average rate because of their off season work out program, but Im guessing it's more just dumb luck. I'm not even sure they are having more injuries as much as they are having more key injuries, and when you don't have depth, there are a lot more places where an injury loss is key.

BeardoMSU
08-15-2014, 01:09 PM
Saw a report

By "report", do you mean a thread on Nafoom?

thf24
08-15-2014, 01:14 PM
But can't nerve damage be really serious? Like life changing serious?

Yep. I think at one short point last year we were panicking because of a rumor that Dak might be done for good because of the stinger.

Coach34
08-15-2014, 01:14 PM
Damn- they are dropping like flies.

thf24
08-15-2014, 01:25 PM
Hasn't Gross had injury trouble his whole career? It's got to be physically punishing to go against interior linemen at 250 lbs play after play.

ShotgunDawg
08-15-2014, 01:28 PM
Our favorite reporter/fan with an update:

Hugh Kellenberger ‏@HKellenbergerCL 15m
Hugh Freeze confirmed that it is a torn ACL for Carlos Davis. Issac Gross sat out with that neck injury, which is lingering.

Their "Sharkbit"
http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2012/8/8/shark-attack_o_GIFSoup.com.gif

http://media2.giphy.com/media/AwLl1gvyVYW3K/giphy.gif

RougeDawg
08-15-2014, 01:34 PM
Damn, they are losing all these players in limited contact practices. At this rate, They'll be holding open tryouts after the first SEC contest. Injuries like these can be season killers on teams that are top heavy talent wise, with little depth. I, along with others have been screaming this for months. Most analysts and reporters are ignoring the lack of quality depth up there. This is the SEC and quality depth plays a huge roll in where you finish the season. Injuries will hdppens during the season. It's inevitable. One injury to their OL of QB and they won't make a bowl.

SouthMsDawg
08-15-2014, 01:37 PM
I'm not buying that he is done for the year.

RougeDawg
08-15-2014, 01:40 PM
I'm not buying that he is done for the year.

If a neck injury is true, they will not mess around and risk anything.

MetEdDawg
08-15-2014, 01:46 PM
Even if he isn't, there is still a quality depth issue in Oxford, which is amazing considering how many recrutiing wars they think they've won. Freeze said himself they have depth issues in multiple positions and I believe he actually named the positions earlier this week. That's never a good sign when your coach is already spelling out issues of depth on your team a few weeks before the season starts.

I really don't see much of a difference between their team this year and last year to be honest. And if they are that team that gets the injury bug (to a certain degree they already have) that runs through their program, they could be in serious trouble.

jimbo352
08-15-2014, 01:53 PM
My brother said Gross is fine.... He said the injuries to Davis, Shepard, and Brown(not sure who this is yet) were all during no contact drills...

Definitely shark bit IMO.

fishwater99
08-15-2014, 02:03 PM

And to think Freeze toned down the practices this week...
If the Bears were at out the farm like our team, they wouldn't have a starter left.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2014/08/14/freeze-tones-hitting-ole-miss-practices/14040369/

jimbo352
08-15-2014, 02:04 PM
scratch that, just got another text that said they're being careful with Gross, but it's nothing major. Which means there's at least a little something going on.

After all the season ending injuries, maybe they're just scared.

codeDawg
08-15-2014, 02:16 PM
If I were Freeze, my starters on the OL and DL would be just running laps until kickoff.

mstatefan91
08-15-2014, 03:00 PM
I'm sorry but this just kills me

“There’s the thought in my mind that, ‘Good Lord, please can we stay healthy,’” Freeze said. “It just seems like it grows every year.”

http://thatgrapejuice.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/tumblr_inline_mfcx9wijmQ1qa74ih.gif

I seen it dawg
08-15-2014, 05:23 PM
But can't nerve damage be really serious? Like life changing serious? Hate to hear it for him. I want to beat them full strength. No excuses.

It wouldn't matter if the all-time all-sec team played for them and we beat them they are never at full strength for every reason in the book when they lose.

I seen it dawg
08-15-2014, 05:24 PM
And another thing....**** em

RougeDawg
08-15-2014, 09:25 PM
If I were Freeze, my starters on the OL and DL would be just running laps until kickoff.

This would probably help those tubs of later actually get into football shape.

starkvegasdawg
08-15-2014, 09:36 PM
This would probably help those tubs of later actually get into football shape.

Their luck they'd tear an acl just running around the track. I think most of their knees blown up have been in non-contact drills.

jbjones
08-15-2014, 09:45 PM
And another thing....**** em

This should be the default response to any Umiss thread.

4/5.