PDA

View Full Version : LEO LEWIS

archdog
08-15-2014, 10:23 AM
How long before he pulls the trigger and joins the best in MS in committing to our Bulldogs?

Homedawg
08-15-2014, 10:26 AM
About the first wed in feb. Not about to end soon.

RBritt
08-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Leo has his Sr season to focus on. He plays at Pearl tonight. His recruitment will end similar to Chris Jones did. Farrod Green is KEY for us.

MetEdDawg
08-15-2014, 10:50 AM
I think it's going to come down to the Egg Bowl and I don't mean that in the sense that it's between us and OM. I think if we go into the Egg Bowl at 8-3 and win that it will be enough to get him. But 8-4 might not and he may go to Bama.

He wants to play for a winner and he's said that multiple times. We win the Egg Bowl and go 9-3, I think he will end up with us. But we've got to win and beat a legit team this year. Obviously he and Farrod are good buddies, but Leo is going to go somewhere where he can get exposure and win big. We've got to show him that you can do that at MSU on a regular basis.

This may be one of the most important years in MSU football history, most specifically in recruiting. Every game on tv, SEC Network launch, new stadium, lots of internal hype and some external hype to go with it, and the foundation laid for probably our best recruiting class ever. We live up to expectations this year and go 9-3 or 10-2, we could have something really special going forward.

Coach34
08-15-2014, 10:51 AM
About the first wed in feb. Not about to end soon.

This. I think we get him- but it's gonna be a battle to the end

jumbo
08-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Chris Jones 2.0. Both in the process and the result.

dawgs
08-15-2014, 02:25 PM
I think it's going to come down to the Egg Bowl and I don't mean that in the sense that it's between us and OM. I think if we go into the Egg Bowl at 8-3 and win that it will be enough to get him. But 8-4 might not and he may go to Bama.

He wants to play for a winner and he's said that multiple times. We win the Egg Bowl and go 9-3, I think he will end up with us. But we've got to win and beat a legit team this year. Obviously he and Farrod are good buddies, but Leo is going to go somewhere where he can get exposure and win big. We've got to show him that you can do that at MSU on a regular basis.

This may be one of the most important years in MSU football history, most specifically in recruiting. Every game on tv, SEC Network launch, new stadium, lots of internal hype and some external hype to go with it, and the foundation laid for probably our best recruiting class ever. We live up to expectations this year and go 9-3 or 10-2, we could have something really special going forward.

I think Bama has moved on. They have lots of 4* and 5* LBs to pick from, so when he decommitted, they just moved down the list to the next guy. At least that's what I gather from my Bama friends that follow recruiting pretty closely.

ShotgunDawg
08-15-2014, 02:44 PM
I think Bama has moved on. They have lots of 4* and 5* LBs to pick from, so when he decommitted, they just moved down the list to the next guy. At least that's what I gather from my Bama friends that follow recruiting pretty closely.

I think Bama is out. It's a MSU, Ole Miss battle, with LSU still lingering in the background.

I think as long as Collins comes back to MSU next year, Leo is ours.

defiantdog
08-15-2014, 03:26 PM
This all depends on how well we play this year. His next decision will be final this time, and I believe it'll be down to whichever instate team has the most success this year. A healthy Dak will land us Leo. But at the same time, these defensive guys watch defense. He will be eyeing our defense every game. And that's why I'm confident we get him.

Our defense is going to be flying around the field, as every player is confident in their position (remember last year.... we didn't know who our CB's were going to be, our trust was failing with an injured Nickoe, the linebackers only had one veteran, Cox was playing the wrong position, Hughes goes down in the first game of the year and the Dline was led by D Autry who we over hyped).

This year we have confidence and players in the correct positions. That combo is going to attract a lot of defensive players.

OM does not recruit players to have comradery. They also don't teach players to be humble. I read an article recently where Jay Hughes talked about how he doesn't care who's on the field (him or Market), as long as the job is getting done. The recruits we want respect these aspects. And everything I've read points to Lewis as being a humble yet very competitive player. And I believe we get him based on how well he fits into our program. Channing Ward and CJ Johnson would have flourished in our defensive system. It's sad they went to a university where the coaches couldn't develop them. CJ is a dynamic player, but he still has a raw playing style. And Channing is still stuck on ST.... I think they even talked about moving him to TE.

Lewis doesn't want to go to a school that doesn't help develop him for the next level.

ShotgunDawg
08-15-2014, 03:42 PM
This all depends on how well we play this year. His next decision will be final this time, and I believe it'll be down to whichever instate team has the most success this year.

I think we need to play well, but I think Leo has more sense than to just choose a school based on who had the better season. My guess is that he'll choose to go the competitive school that he most wants to go to. Their final record likely has little bearing.

Tripp McNeely
08-15-2014, 03:59 PM
The Bama fans that I know are already writing him off, talking about "grade concerns"...makes me feel fantastic about our chances everytime I hera that.

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-16-2014, 11:06 AM
Leo is in oxford this weekend

SDDawg
08-16-2014, 11:14 AM

Enjoying "the process", no doubt.

HancockCountyDog
08-16-2014, 11:24 AM

It will be a battle to signing day. We are the leader now, but we all know how that can change.

GreenheadDawg
08-16-2014, 11:30 AM

Do you have a point?

Leroy Jenkins
08-16-2014, 11:40 AM
Collins will play the biggest part in this I think. The Juicemaster vs Wommack (who looks like he has a Valium I.V. drip) no contest.

msstate7
08-16-2014, 11:50 AM
Collins will play the biggest part in this I think. The Juicemaster vs Wommack (who looks like he has a Valium I.V. drip) no contest.

I really doubt we have Collins back next season. He has HC written all over him

smootness
08-16-2014, 11:54 AM

I think he'll stay through at least 2015. Even if he does leave, I think he'll stay through signing day.

ShotgunDawg
08-16-2014, 11:55 AM

Who knows. Don't assume anything. Just enjoy the season and hope for the best.

msstate7
08-16-2014, 12:01 PM
I think he'll stay through at least 2015. Even if he does leave, I think he'll stay through signing day.

I hope you're right.

Homedawg
08-16-2014, 12:11 PM

Why would he stay thru signing day if he leaves? I think he comes back, but if he doesn't, he will be gone before signing day.

mic
08-16-2014, 12:18 PM

Disagree with HC

HancockCountyDog
08-16-2014, 12:19 PM

He isn't leaving.

If he did, he would leave well before signing day.

Leroy Jenkins
08-16-2014, 12:20 PM
I really doubt we have Collins back next season.

......said half the fans last year.

Joe Schmedlap
08-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Collins is like an Ole Miss recruit - paid well. I will not concede that he will be leaving after the 2014 season. In fact, I foresee him earning $750k in 2016 as our D.C. That is probably more than a head coach's salary in the type of program that would likely pursue him at the end of this season. Will he be a head coach one day? Absolutely. In 2015 though? I don't think so. He has a good thing going at State right now.

Clanga
08-16-2014, 12:27 PM
What if he is just happy with Starkville. I mean everyone use to talk about how Mullen going to leave first chance he got. I just think they both like where they are at. Collins is young and will be a head coach one day, but perhaps he just doesn't want to leave this monster of a defense he and Mullen have made. All of this is pure speculation, but so is everything said above. I think we have him at least through his contract extension.

Clanga
08-16-2014, 12:34 PM
Well said, Joe

JDog13
08-16-2014, 12:38 PM

Will Muschamp and Ellis Johnson say what up doe.

whosyourdawgy
08-16-2014, 12:49 PM
Hey I'll tell u what. Let's talk about our coaches leaving before the freaking season even starts and put stuff out there for others to use against us in recruiting ****ing brilliant.

PassInterference
08-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Muschamp was a DC a long time before becoming a HC. Same with Johnson. Chavis. There are plenty of very good, well-paid DCs across the country.

Do not assume because a guy has proven to be a good DC for 1-2 years that he is instant head coach material.

JDog13
08-16-2014, 02:49 PM
Muschamp was a DC a long time before becoming a HC. Same with Johnson. Chavis. There are plenty of very good, well-paid DCs across the country.

Do not assume because a guy has proven to be a good DC for 1-2 years that he is instant head coach material.

Yeah I was referring to Muschamp and Johnson's lack of success as a HC.

msstate7
08-16-2014, 03:13 PM

I'm not saying he'll be a good head coach, but he will be a head coach IMO. Collins' defense this season is gonna be one of the best in the sec. He will be a very hot HC candidate

msstate7
08-16-2014, 03:18 PM
Hey I'll tell u what. Let's talk about our coaches leaving before the freaking season even starts and put stuff out there for others to use against us in recruiting ****ing brilliant.

If we wanna turn the corner as a program, we need cood's getting HC jobs and players leaving early for the draft. I want the type of season that leads to Collins getting a HC job and I hope dak is good enough to leave early and get drafted 1st round (doubtful right now).

PassInterference
08-16-2014, 03:28 PM
I'm not saying he'll be a good head coach, but he will be a head coach IMO. Collins' defense this season is gonna be one of the best in the sec. He will be a very hot HC candidate

Why would Collins be a hot HC candidate? Is Chavis a hot HC candidate?

msstate7
08-16-2014, 03:33 PM
Delete

GreenheadDawg
08-16-2014, 05:06 PM
A little off topic but he says OM is recruiting him the hardest. Mullen and Co. can't let this happen. OM will know no boundaries in this recruitment
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/08/16/leo-lewis-taking-different-approach-to-recruitment/14161829/

Bubb Rubb
08-16-2014, 05:32 PM
A little off topic but he says OM is recruiting him the hardest. Mullen and Co. can't let this happen. OM will know no boundaries in this recruitment
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/08/16/leo-lewis-taking-different-approach-to-recruitment/14161829/

He's not going out of state. We can't take anything for granted, but we're in good shape with Lewis. Ole Miss is recruiting him harder because they have to - they are behind.

maroonmania
08-16-2014, 07:44 PM

So apparently other people are recruiting Lewis, Adams and Danley harder than we are. Seems to be a recurring theme.

GreenheadDawg
08-16-2014, 08:21 PM
So apparently other people are recruiting Lewis, Adams and Danley harder than we are. Seems to be a recurring theme.

Absolutely blows my mind. These are 3 must have guys. We shouldn't be out-recruited due to effort

maroonmania
08-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Absolutely blows my mind. These are 3 must have guys. We shouldn't be out-recruited due to effort

Exactly, if a kid picks another school because they like what the other school has to offer better than what MSU has I can live with that. However, if we start losing guys we need badly to become an upper tier SEC program because we are being outworked or not "showing enough love" then that will be disturbing.

smootness
08-16-2014, 09:57 PM

Chill. If you like one school more than another, and they know this, and the talks you have with one staff are, 'How's it going? Things going well?', etc. while with the other, it's, 'We need you! We can get you to the NFL,' etc. because they know they're behind, then when asked you'll probably say the latter is recruiting you harder. Because their pitch has to be different, as others have said.

I guarantee you Ole Miss is not working harder than we are to get Lewis or Adams or anybody else. Just look at what we're doing in-state this year as evidence of that.

Covercorner2
08-16-2014, 11:54 PM
Some people will never understand how recruiting works. Chill. We are recruiting them just as hard as anyone and as hard as we need to. We just don't need a documentary about it

Steakonastick
08-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Ever thought recruting somebody the hardest is a bad thing? Some kids don't wanna get 20 letters in the mail from one school a day.

A better question should be, "who is recruting you the best?" Or what program has the best sales pitch.

I deal with sales reps all the time. And the ones that bug me weekly for orders and annoy me don't get crap.

I see state having a huge plus in the clarion ledger article on Leo. We not only have a top linebacker and future first rounder at his postion. But that but this player also has a child. I'll take my chances on McKinney recruting him then Denzel taking him to the library.

mic
08-17-2014, 09:30 AM
Like I said a few weeks.. No need for the Leo Lewis threads..
It will more than likely be a NSD decision ...