PDA

View Full Version : One positive I took away from Dan's awesome Miked Up Session... Staley is a beast..

RougeDawg
08-14-2014, 10:49 PM
I didn't realize he was that big. He makes Dak look small and Dak is a beast himself. I had no idea Staley was that tall and thick. He will be a force one day. Our QB position is stacked for years to come. First time any of us have ever been able to say that as MSU fans. Can't wait for this season to start. I know it's been talked about before, but which Freshman QB are we shirting and which one will see PT?

Lloyd Christmas
08-14-2014, 10:58 PM
My exact quote when I saw him was "Who the f**k is that?!, he's huge!!" and then he turned around and I saw his name and about shit myself.

BulldogBear
08-14-2014, 10:59 PM
Had it DVRed. Just saw that part. At first I thought he was Williams and was thinking, "Man he's slimmed up." Then the light bulb went off when I realized I was looking at a muscular Abe Lincoln.

smootness
08-14-2014, 11:00 PM
You should have seen him in HS, good grief. He was a giant; he seriously looked like the kid who was held back 3 years playing with the 8-year-olds.

I have no idea who will ultimately win the Staley/Fitzgerald battle, but I know whoever it is will be really, really good.

preachermatt83
08-14-2014, 11:10 PM
His dad said a week ago or so that he had gained nearly 20 lbs. He looked very thick. He will be a superstar. he has a cannon for a arm, can run, powerful, and very quick decision maker according to those around him.. I look forward to him being the "NEXT" great QB at MSU.. Never thought we would ever be able to say those words.. Thank you #Dak!

RougeDawg
08-14-2014, 11:28 PM
Elijah is listed at 6'6" 235. Dak 6'2" 230. Elijah is just about as thick as Dak but has 4 inches of height on him. 4 inches of Height at that thickness is more than just 5 lbs more in weight. I am Assuming they haven't updated Staley's fighting weight, because the current listings don't make sense.

Dawg61
08-14-2014, 11:49 PM
Nick Tiano is listed as 6'5 230 and he can run too.
Nick Fitzgerald is listed as 6'5 223 and he can run too.
Elijah Staley is listed as 6'6 235 and he can run too.
Dak Prescott is listed as 6'2 230 and he can run like a Heisman winner.
Damian Williams is listed as 6'1 225 and he has legs like tree trunks, he can run some too.
Josiah Phillips is listed as 6'4 220
I am forgetting another walk-on who also has good size
Chason Virgil is the fastest of the group probably, he's 6'0 170

we are LOADED at the QB position for 5 years right now. No wonder we don't have a committable offer for Smith. We might be the biggest at the QB position at any level of football in the world. We have HUGE quarterbacks.

http://cdn0.lostateminor.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Sheep-1-650x487.jpg

hailmari
08-14-2014, 11:55 PM
I saw a picture of Virgil with Dak recently and he didn't look a heck of a lot smaller. He'll thicken up better than we initially thought.

smootness
08-15-2014, 12:23 AM
Elijah is listed at 6'6" 235. Dak 6'2" 230. Elijah is just about as thick as Dak but has 4 inches of height on him. 4 inches of Height at that thickness is more than just 5 lbs more in weight. I am Assuming they haven't updated Staley's fighting weight, because the current listings don't make sense.

The pads help; when they had no pads, Staley looked much thinner to me. He still has a good bit of room to grow, which is scary. Just look at their arms and legs, Dak's are much bigger.

But again, that just means Staley has room to get himself up to 250+ without losing much, if any, athleticism.

RougeDawg
08-15-2014, 12:50 AM
The pads help; when they had no pads, Staley looked much thinner to me. He still has a good bit of room to grow, which is scary. Just look at their arms and legs, Dak's are much bigger.

But again, that just means Staley has room to get himself up to 250+ without losing much, if any, athleticism.

Yes, this is all true, but that "Miked Up" video feed showed me that Staley is just about as thick as Dak but has 4 inches on him. At their sizes, an inch of height has to equal an average of 5-10 lbs of weight. Either way we are set at QB.

The biggest concern I have is keeping the majority of our staff in place, from year to year. This seems to be what fuels winning the most because it effects everything from practicing and continuity to recruiting and HS coach relationships.

whosyourdawgy
08-15-2014, 06:53 AM
Dan needs to learn that when you do a miked up segment, you need to say something every once and a while.

Coach34
08-15-2014, 07:30 AM
Staley hasn't had a full year of weight training ever due to going to basketball after football was over and then playing AAU in the summer. He is about to blow up over the next year

engie
08-15-2014, 07:33 AM
Dan needs to learn that when you do a miked up segment, you need to say something every once and a while.

They mic'd him up on twitter more than an hour before his actual segment. I'm betting he didn't know they wanted to cut to him live right there and would just record/use the audio they got at some other time...

Hypnodawg
08-15-2014, 08:30 AM
My exact quote when I saw him was "Who the f**k is that?!, he's huge!!" and then he turned around and I saw his name and about shit myself.

Pretty much my same response

Saltydog
08-15-2014, 08:57 AM
We all know he can run but he's really improved in the passing game from all accounts.

Dawg61
08-15-2014, 03:40 PM
We all know he can run but he's really improved in the passing game from all accounts.

This, Fitz isn't just going to hand the #1 spot over to Staley and he's already got a 5 month head start on him plus will gain more when ES is playing hoops. It's a great luxury to have for MSU. Those two are going to be in a 5 year long battle. They might as well become roommates they are going to know each other so well by the time they graduate. Hope they like each other. Oh and Williams is ahead of both of them. The QB competition we are venturing into is unprecedented at MSU and it's all thanks to Dan Mullen and his assistants.