PDA

View Full Version : What we learned South Carolina edition

Todd4State
05-20-2013, 09:15 PM
In before the tournament!

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/?p=5701

Ronny
05-20-2013, 09:39 PM
..on post game radio the USCe batter was geared up for Daryl Norris's slider (didn't know Norris could throw a slider) & Cohen said he was surprised, because Norris hasn't pitched enough for USCe to have a scouting report on Norris.

Now, I don't know why a pitcher would come into that situation & throw a slider as a first pitch. Especially one as cold as Norris. Scouting report or no scouting report.

I would tell Norris to bust the batter inside with a fast ball the first pitch, & gain control of the plate.

But what do I know: I am don't have my AITBRTYR Will James spreadsheet available to back up my opinion. I'm just a fan watching the game.

But it's spilled milk, so let's move on.

Will James
05-20-2013, 10:26 PM
..on post game radio the USCe batter was geared up for Daryl Norris's slider (didn't know Norris could throw a slider) & Cohen said he was surprised, because Norris hasn't pitched enough for USCe to have a scouting report on Norris.

This is a case study into over-thinking over-managing BS. They didn't have a damn scouting report. He hung a slider that didn't slide.

maroonmania
05-21-2013, 07:06 AM
Good writeup as always Todd. Will mention that where you say CT came in for Girodo you actually meant Bracewell. I remember because Bracewell got us out of the 7th and was looking really good and got the first out in the 8th before giving up a single. I really wanted to give Bracewell another batter OR I would have been good with bringing in Holder immediately at that point. But Cohen is eaten up with the matchup game so he had to bring in a lefty to face a lefty and so that is why he brought in CT instead. Girodo actually didn't come in until after Holder.

Goat Holder
05-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Yeah I agree here, Girodo came in later. I still think we should have stayed with Bracewell all day, especially after he devastated Ole Miss the week before. I don't see any other move that needed to be made there. I don't even think Holder should have been an option, he obviously didn't have his stuff.