PDA

View Full Version : Q weatherspoon

Homedawg
08-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Checks in at #77 in the new scout player ratings.

engie
08-14-2014, 01:21 PM
Checks in at #77 in the new scout player ratings.

Nice!

Also still seeing a consistent influx of CB's for Malik Newman to us.

Jerry Meyer just predicted Nick Marshall to us as well. Marshall is the #24 C according to Scout and also a 4* in the class of 2015.

Homedawg
08-14-2014, 01:28 PM
But we don't have 13 guys on scholarship this year........***

Dawg61
08-14-2014, 01:31 PM
But we don't have 13 guys on scholarship this year........

Nope we don't. Glad QW is rated highly. Hope we land Newman and Marshall too.

engie
08-14-2014, 01:31 PM
We lock up Marshall and Newman and I'd contend that this class is as good as any Stansbury put together in 14 years. Still alot of time left and we still got to get it done though...

Dawg61
08-14-2014, 01:36 PM
We lock up Marshall and Newman and I'd contend that this class is as good as any Stansbury put together in 14 years. Still alot of time left and we still got to get it done though...

That'd be the best class we've ever had. Would mean two players would get positive turnover too I think. Something I have been saying to do for two years now.

Dawg496
08-14-2014, 01:39 PM
Newman, Weatherspoon and Marshall, if they all pan out would be a fantastic class. Stans signed some very highly rated players but just as many were busts as many contributed.

Like the Monta Ellis class which was like #5 in the country on Scout.. Ellis went pro, Vernon Goodridge did absolutely nothing of note, the Delks and Rimmer transferred out and Jamont Gordon was the only solid player for more than a year.

RossDawg82
08-14-2014, 02:02 PM
he is a baller for sure. Im somewhat excited about this years basketball team

Brad Stevens
08-14-2014, 02:27 PM
It looks as if Rick Ray may be a decent recruiter after all. I'm sure there was some distrust with some high schools with the random new man in charge, but here is to hoping his hard work on the recruiting trail will soon begin to pay off!

C222
08-14-2014, 03:27 PM
Nice!

Also still seeing a consistent influx of CB's for Malik Newman to us.

Jerry Meyer just predicted Nick Marshall to us as well. Marshall is the #24 C according to Scout and also a 4* in the class of 2015.

Damn. That's interesting. Didn't think we had any shot with Marshall. I've seen him play a couple of times. He is awesome.

Irondawg
08-14-2014, 04:40 PM
ray lands that class as the bandwagon will actually fill some seats. Having talent is about 70-75% of the equation to win basketball game these days and to date he's had very little. This is the first year we'll approach SEC average (although not quite there in my opinion) so will be interesting to see what happens the next 6 months between signing period and the season starting.

CadaverDawg
08-14-2014, 04:48 PM
This pumps me up, big time. Keep working Rick, it appears that it is paying off.

As for the Stansbury comment..I was as ready for him to go as anybody, but it's not fair to compare recruiting classes even if Ray lands these guys. Remember, Monta Ellis, Travis Outlaw, Al Jefferson (although I don't think we were getting him), etc., didn't have to play a year of college ball...otherwise, Stansbury would still be here because Monta probably,wins State a National Championship his freshman year (or gets damn close). But either way, yes, this would be a monster haul if Ray gets these guys to commit.

Coach34
08-14-2014, 04:55 PM
I'm crystalballing Newman to State. It's gonna happen. Glad to see the Big Train on board with his school

We are working hard to get the big boy from Tenn- I'm proud of our guys and the way they have decided State comes first- not loyalty to a former coach.

Dawg61
08-14-2014, 05:08 PM
I'm crystalballing Newman to State. It's gonna happen. Glad to see the Big Train on board with his school

We are working hard to get the big boy from Tenn- I'm proud of our guys and the way they have decided State comes first- not loyalty to a former coach.

If Ray does the unthinkable and lands Newman and Marshall he should go after Elijah's 5* teammate from Wheeler and Diamond Stone and just pull a total Kentucky. Haha. Ok seriously though I hope he is able to pull this off.

msstate7
08-14-2014, 05:08 PM

If Newman is gonna come, I really wish he would commit soon. It would really help us with other recruits

Coach34
08-14-2014, 05:12 PM
If Newman is gonna come, I really wish he would commit soon. It would really help us with other recruits

We can only sign so many

msstate7
08-14-2014, 05:17 PM
We can only sign so many

We're obviously looking to upgrade some current commits or weed out current roster IMO

Coach34
08-14-2014, 05:22 PM
We're obviously looking to upgrade some current commits or weed out current roster IMO

Chicken
IJ
Ware
FTF
Houston
Dunlap
NDoye
Black
Daniel
Zuppardo

Thats 10 guys that should be on the roster in 2016 provided they dont do something stupid. That leaves 3 schollys. Cant see much change from that

msstate7
08-14-2014, 05:27 PM
Chicken
IJ
Ware
FTF
Houston
Dunlap
NDoye
Black
Daniel
Zuppardo

Thats 10 guys that should be on the roster in 2016 provided they dont do something stupid. That leaves 3 schollys. Cant see much change from that

We have 3 commits and are still recruiting at least 2 (Newman and Marshall). So we're planning on losing someone or upgrading a commit

Dawg61
08-14-2014, 05:35 PM

Newman and Marshall would mean 2 trimmings already. We have 13 scholarships accounted for with the 3 commits included. Interesting to note also that Bear Wilson and Elijah Staley are listed on the basketball roster for 2014-15 on HailState.com. Add in Moore and we have 3 pretty damn good walk-on players this year. One of them won Mr. Basketball in Alabama. I realize I am just about the only MSU fan that wants Bear to play both sports but he's already a very talented rebounder and he's added 15 or so pounds of muscle to his frame. He has Brandon Vincent like potential in hoops. He's that type of player imo. Tough, great rebounding glue guy with a ton of swagger.

http://www.hailstate.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=90867&SPID=10994