PDA

View Full Version : Power 5 OOC Teams you want to see us play

Reason2succeed
08-14-2014, 12:40 PM
I know we already have NC State, Kansas State, and Arizona on tap but what are some other teams that you would like to see Mississippi State play going forward. Tell why you want to play them.

Personally, I like keep the schedule as easy as possible due to the strength of our SEC West schedule so I want to see all the bottom feeders from other leagues: Indiana, Illinois, Iowa State, Kansas, Colorado, Wake Forest, etc.

DudyDawg
08-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Miami (recruiting SF), Cal (recruiting California), TCU (recruiting Texas)

ETA: throw in Nebraska to cover B1G, I've always hated them

BulldogBear
08-14-2014, 12:47 PM
UNC - have wanted them again since 1992 season Peach Bowl
Michigan State - Many of you will wince at this one but it's just a personal thing. I've always wanted to prove we are the "real MSU"
Illinois
California
Miami - HATE them

Goat Holder
08-14-2014, 01:14 PM
Personally, I like keep the schedule as easy as possible due to the strength of our SEC West schedule so I want to see all the bottom feeders from other leagues: Indiana, Illinois, Iowa State, Kansas, Colorado, Wake Forest, etc.

Definitely echo this. Of all the possible choices left, I would say Indiana, Northwestern, Illinois, Maryland, Rutgers, and Purdue. The B1G offenses play right into our hands, they don't run up-tempo shit (Wilson at Indiana might, but they still suck at it). The rest you list would definitely be a couple more we should be on the horn with.

I don't even factor in recrootin. The only OOC teams where we really have a real shot to recruit in their backyard would be Texas, TCU, Baylor and Georgia Tech.

Goat Holder
08-14-2014, 01:16 PM

TCU I understand, but we've never had much luck in Florida, unless it was through the JUCO system. Pernell McPhee and Corey Broomfield is all I can think of.

Trying to recroot California is retarded for us. Croom tried it and failed miserably.

starkvegasdawg
08-14-2014, 01:19 PM
Ohio State - Just because I can't stand them
UCLA - Get a footprint in SoCal.
Virginia - After the baseball SR it would be nice to play them in football too
Oklahoma - Would love to shut Bob Stoops up

blacklistedbully
08-14-2014, 01:48 PM
I would really love to play Notre Dame. I think they are consistently one of the most over-rated teams in the country, so wins over them (and I do think we'd tear them a new asshole) would give us far more good pub than it should.

Political Hack
08-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Oklahoma sta... just kidding.

Florida State in a 2015 kickoff game.
VaTech home and home.
Indian home and home.
Kansas home and home.
Iowa State home and home.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
08-14-2014, 02:00 PM
UNC, Duke, GT, Virginia
Rutgers/Syracuse/BC - or someone that would be a cool travel destination in the NE
NW, Indiana, Purdue, maybe Iowa
Colo., Ariz., ASU, Utah

Not world beaters from other conferences, but schools in decent markets that would make for cool trips.

SheltonChoked
08-14-2014, 02:29 PM
I thin this is a moot point with the Big 5 breakaway. All our games will soon be Big 5.

dawgs
08-14-2014, 02:43 PM
Oregon st, wash st, Washington, cal

Because I can easily go to these games.

Don't wanna see us get our asses kicked by Oregon. (We'll see what Peterson does with Washington and if helfrich keeps Oregon rolling along with 10+ W seasons)

blacklistedbully
08-14-2014, 02:48 PM

Don't wanna see us get our asses kicked by Oregon. (We'll see what Peterson does with Washington and if helfrich keeps Oregon rolling along with 10+ W seasons)

Don't be so sure Oregon would kick our ass. They don't play our schedule. The last time they made a NC, they lost to an Auburn team we should have beaten.

dawgs
08-14-2014, 03:03 PM
Don't be so sure Oregon would kick our ass. They don't play our schedule. The last time they made a NC, they lost to an Auburn team we should have beaten.

They lost on a last second FG after a fluke tackle/non-tackle run by dyer to set it up.

And that was at the end of the year after auburn figured it out. We got auburn early before they figured it all out.

I'd still prefer to avoid scheduling top 10 programs. (Though in the scheduling thread, you'd think I want our OOC schedule to look like f$u, ohio st, Oregon, and Oklahoma every year the way I'm portrayed)

dawgs
08-14-2014, 03:06 PM
Also, PAC 12 teams play very tough schedules. 9 conference games and pretty much everyone plays at least 1 good OOC opponent, so only 1 or 2 cupcakes.

I know the sec is way tougher yadda yadda yadda. That doesn't mean every conference is easy.

sandwolf
08-14-2014, 03:19 PM

I could see a home and home series with a TCU or a Baylor possibly being beneficial to us from a recruiting standpoint (emphasis on the word possibly). But in general, I don't buy into those games helping out much with recruiting.......especially in places like California or Miami. We may pull a player from those areas every once in a while, but we will never have any type of consistent success recruiting those areas.

BeardoMSU
08-14-2014, 03:24 PM
I would really love to play Notre Dame. I think they are consistently one of the most over-rated teams in the country, so wins over them (and I do think we'd tear them a new asshole) would give us far more good pub than it should.

Uh, yeah, this all damn day. I would even be ok with a home and home with ND. They are so overrated it's laughable. Not to mention, the type of ball they play, would really play into our hands.

Hypnodawg
08-14-2014, 03:28 PM
UNC, Duke, Notre Dame - Good for recruiting, TV rankings, and RVR is through the roof.
Ariz., ASU - Chance to get out west for a Nice change of scenery.
Michigan, Penn - Big win opportunities

sandwolf
08-14-2014, 03:42 PM
I know the sec is way tougher yadda yadda yadda. That doesn't mean every conference is easy.

Agreed. The SEC is definitely the toughest conference, but some people act like every other conference is a cake walk that we could dominate. I don't remember who it was, but at the end of last year, somebody on here was arguing that we were as good as Michigan State.......I shit you not. The guy argued to no end that a 6-6 (3-5) MSU team was comparable to a 13-1 (8-0) Michigan State team that won the Rose Bowl.

Goat Holder
08-14-2014, 03:52 PM

Ha, more selfishness, huh?

Hey, it all makes sense now. You're a West Coast liberal. No wonder.

Mjoelner34
08-14-2014, 03:55 PM
Totally blew right by the Power 5 in the title when I made my picks so here are my updated pics in no particular order of importance.

1. Purdue
2. Washington
3. Michigan State
4. Colorado
5. Notre Dame

dawgs
08-14-2014, 04:07 PM

You really are the worst poster on this board.

Johnson85
08-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Anybody whose name recognition outpaces their program. Even though Notre Dame is not a pushover with Kelly there, they're still consistently overrated. UMiami is a good one to me; I don't think they're gonig to recapture the magic anytime soon. Any big time school without great football, like UNC, would be a good one. VaTech is one whose reputation has not dropped as much as the quality of the teams.

Other than that, bottom feeders all day long.

DudyDawg
08-14-2014, 05:23 PM

A post in a hypothetical situation thread saying someone wants to see us play makes them selfish? Lord.

The Federalist Engineer
08-14-2014, 06:47 PM
1. TCU

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/images/01/13/tcu-cheerleader.jpg

2. Miami

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/640/BT/BTYYDOFGGEEGCQB.20120726164519.jpeg

3. Baylor (dang good right now)

http://img005.lazysports.info/sports/ncaa_college_cheerleaders/ncaa_college_cheerleaders_baylor_FfLuszgp.sized.jp g

4. Georgia Tech (they are not that good anymore)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DXfbDjZYtMM/SncFmI7UX-I/AAAAAAAAAmk/aWhqepK7V-M/s400/56.jpg

Other People to Play:

5. SMU (My other school)

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/dam/assets/130725223412-058-smu-natalie-scott-mv-single-image-cut.jpg

6. Rice

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1ioxZ0bhCg0/UIl0RsJwp2I/AAAAAAAAAnM/LzMQaly2nLo/s640/nubs-caitlin2.jpg