PDA

View Full Version : So we now know that this stadium will be self-funded.......

Goat Holder
08-13-2014, 04:21 PM
....through private donations and revenue from tickets/suites/club-level. That was my only hold-up regarding this new stadium, how we would pay for it. If the money was there, I'm all for it (and I'm a lifetime ticket guy). If it wasn't, we shouldn't.

Now that it's under control, that brings me to the SEC Network money. If we are getting 40 million free and clear (along with the rest of the conference), then this stadium isn't much of an accomplishment is it? Other teams can do it just as quickly as we can, can't they? I mean, we're all so rich now, so I see the fans say.

BUT, as I suspected, with big money, comes big problems. This big money is going to pay for a whole lot of 'hidden' shit IMO. Cost of attendance or autonomy, or whatever, is probably going to be the biggest chunk of it. Maybe coaching salaries. Use your imagination.

That's just the way I see it. This landmark SEC Network deal isn't as ground-breaking and lucrative in the big picture in my eyes. I could be wrong, I certainly don't know the ins and outs. But neither does anybody else outside the AD and conference.

engie
08-13-2014, 04:25 PM
How many years did you argue with me about this not being possible/not happening? Thought the magic was in the concrete. When did you change your mind?

PassInterference
08-13-2014, 04:26 PM
Don't assume all the SECN money goes to athletics.

Goat Holder
08-13-2014, 04:28 PM
How many years did you argue with me about this not being possible/not happening? Thought the magic was in the concrete. When did you change your mind?

I haven't changed anything. Fitting that you are the first to respond, since you said it would be funded by the SEC Network. And obviously you were wrong.

Goat Holder
08-13-2014, 04:30 PM
Don't assume all the SECN money goes to athletics.

I agree not to do that, but my point is, I suspect that we are going to use this newly-found revenue to have to pay for newly-found expenses. If not, why aren't we using it to pay for the baseball stadium?

QuadrupleOption
08-13-2014, 04:35 PM
I agree not to do that, but my point is, I suspect that we are going to use this newly-found revenue to have to pay for newly-found expenses. If not, why aren't we using it to pay for the baseball stadium?

I would expect that the lives of our women's softball, volleyball, and soccer players are going to get a lot better with respect to facilities and equipment.

I would also not be shocked if the Athletic department gave money directly to the university for various and sundry items.

Honestly, once you get facilities built, salaries paid, and upkeep paid it seems like all you can really do is invest the leftovers or donate it back to the school.

I'm probably missing something, but I bet MSU would love to be able to supplement professor salaries with Athletic Department funds.

engie
08-13-2014, 04:38 PM
I haven't changed anything. Fitting that you are the first to respond, since you said it would be funded by the SEC Network. And obviously you were wrong.

Show me where I said this. If you can.

I simply pointed out that money was no object from MULTIPLE LOCATIONS in explaining that we are a baseball big boy and an overall $100mil athletics dept now while you were poor ole MSU'ing the shit out of it. You can pretend like you've been on the bandwagon all along -- but everyone that's been around awhile and know you from the Pack know it's bullshit. For YEARS you told me how it was impossible, wouldn't happen, would ruin DNF, etc... You were the #1 opponent to this rebuild as recently as this past year.

dawgs
08-13-2014, 04:40 PM

Because we should be able to pay for it easily with donation and ticket sales/seat licenses. Why blow our $40M on the stadium instead of better salaries to attract better coaches? It's a lot easier to raise donations for a new stadium than it is to pay assistant coaches.

Goat Holder
I would expect that the lives of our women's softball, volleyball, and soccer players are going to get a lot better with respect to facilities and equipment.

I would also not be shocked if the Athletic department gave money directly to the university for various and sundry items.

Honestly, once you get facilities built, salaries paid, and upkeep paid it seems like all you can really do is invest the leftovers or donate it back to the school.

I'm probably missing something, but I bet MSU would love to be able to supplement professor salaries with Athletic Department funds.

All comes from the same pot, so I guess I'm still wondering why spend it on this when you could spend it on that. And that gets down to the crux of the issue.....is the SECN money really 'there', just for the free-spending? I'm skeptical.

Todd4State
Wrong thread.

engie
08-13-2014, 04:44 PM
All comes from the same pot, so I guess I'm still wondering why spend it on this when you could spend it on that. And that gets down to the crux of the issue.....is the SECN money really 'there', just for the free-spending? I'm skeptical.

Ah -- so we're doubting that reality now? Gotta have some mathematical inevitability for Goat to doubt coming to fruition, I guess...

Goat Holder
08-13-2014, 04:51 PM
Show me where I said this. If you can.

I simply pointed out that money was no object from MULTIPLE LOCATIONS while you were poor ole MSU'ing the shit out of it. You've been the #1 opponent to building new for YEARS now... You can pretend like you've been on the bandwagon all along -- but we all know it's bullshit. For YEARS you told me how it was impossible, wouldn't happen, would ruin DNF, etc...

Good Lord, son. You've only trumpeted that about 2,000 times. You aren't engine for nothing.

- I never poor ole MSU'ed anything.
- I haven't been an opponent to anything.
- I have never been on any bandwagon.
- I didn't say anything about impossible, wouldn't happen, would ruin DNF.

Ha, you're flat out lying. My position has been the same from the beginning. Typical. Now stop trying to ruin the thread.

Goat Holder
08-13-2014, 04:53 PM
Ah -- so we're doubting that reality now? Gotta have some mathematical inevitability for Goat to doubt coming to fruition, I guess...

What are you talking about?

Goat Holder
08-13-2014, 04:53 PM
It's a lot easier to raise donations for a new stadium than it is to pay assistant coaches.

Very good point.

engie
08-13-2014, 04:55 PM
http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?114232-Dudy-Noble-Field/page2

Less than a year ago, goat alterego heawww thought a new DNF was a bad idea -- and didn't think it was happening. Do I need to keep going?

engie
08-13-2014, 04:56 PM
What are you talking about?

I never said it was.

I'm waiting on you to own the fact that you were wrong as shit about this all along -- instead of trying to say I was "wrong" because I listed a myriad of ways that we could easily afford the best stadium ever built.

Which, consequently, we ARE building.

Goat Holder
08-13-2014, 05:01 PM
http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?114232-Dudy-Noble-Field/page2

Less than a year ago, goat alterego heawww thought a new DNF was a bad idea -- and didn't think it was happening. Do I need to keep going?

Sooo, yeah. My concern was money and that the current stadium was more than adequate and wasn't holding us back (which is true). How again has my stance changed? And nobody knew when it was happening, we still don't.

And furthermore, we are counting on 20 million dollars of private gifts. That's alot of damn money. Money that I highly doubt has already been pledged. And if it hasn't, tickets are about to sky-rocket.

Goat Holder
08-13-2014, 05:03 PM
I never said it was.

I'm waiting on you to own the fact that you were wrong as shit about this all along -- instead of trying to say I was "wrong" because I listed a myriad of ways that we could easily afford the best stadium ever built.

Which, consequently, we ARE building.

I'm not wrong. And you didn't do anything. You were simply another trumpet who wanted a new stadium, no matter the cost. So what?

dawgs
08-13-2014, 05:09 PM
Sooo, yeah. My concern was money and that the current stadium was more than adequate and wasn't holding us back (which is true). How again has my stance changed? And nobody knew when it was happening, we still don't.

It wasn't holding us back in that it wasn't costing us guys that wanted to play for msu, but it certainly wasn't luring in guys that weren't already in the msu boat, not when they go around the conference and see nice stadiums everywhere. Now we will have the BEST stadium. That's gonna be a huge advantage when it's coming down to us and msu or us and Arkansas or us and usce for a recruit. They'll have great stadiums and we'll have the best stadium.

engie
08-13-2014, 05:11 PM
LOL -- don't own it -- and I'm going to start bumping the shit out of all the posterboard material you've provided in constant argument with me on this topic over the past 5 years. Help me remember all of your alters, if you will...

dawgs
08-13-2014, 05:11 PM
I'm not wrong. And you didn't do anything. You were simply another trumpet who wanted a new stadium, no matter the cost. So what?

If we can't afford a nice new baseball stadium, then we've been seriously mismanaging funds. The hold up was simply to re-energize the fanbase (Omaha 2013) and to finalize a plan. We could foot the bill with the coming tv money or other revenue, but as I said before, if we have donors willing to foot the bill, that let's is use that money elsewhere for less sexy needs.

engie
08-13-2014, 05:12 PM

I blew this trumpet before anyone else did. Long before Stricklin hopped on board and made it reality. You don't remember? You were right there arguing against it and poor ole MSUing me to death every step of the way.

engie
08-13-2014, 05:13 PM
If we can't afford a nice new baseball stadium, then we've been seriously mismanaging funds. The hold up was simply to re-energize the fanbase (Omaha 2013) and to finalize a plan. We could foot the bill with the coming tv money or other revenue, but as I said before, if we have donors willing to foot the bill, that let's is use that money elsewhere for less sexy needs.

Careful. Goat will claim that you are wrong for saying that "we're going to pay for it with SECNetwork money" right here...

Goat Holder
08-13-2014, 05:15 PM
LOL -- don't own it -- and I'm going to start bumping the shit out of all the posterboard material you've provided in constant argument with me on this topic over the past 5 years. Help me remember all of your alters, if you will...

Here's one to start you off......where I said, uhh, the exact same thing I said today:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?15228-Engie-on-the-baseball-stadium&highlight=stadium

Goat Holder
08-13-2014, 05:17 PM
I blew this trumpet before anyone else did. Long before Stricklin hopped on board and made it reality. You don't remember? You were right there arguing against it and poor ole MSUing me to death every step of the way.

I can't believe they haven't hired you. Stricklin needs a little engine that could. Were the lofts your idea too?

Those sightlines you drew in MS Paint.....WOW....what an amazing concept that NO ONE had thought of before the engine.

engie
08-13-2014, 05:23 PM
4 months ago -- Goat was in favor of doing nothing at all to Dudy Noble. Even calling me out to argue with me about what was going to happen. EL OH EL.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?15228-Engie-on-the-baseball-stadium/page1

TheRef
08-13-2014, 05:26 PM
Engie and Goat are making a early case for 2014-2015 Domestic Violence couple of the year.

Goat Holder
4 months ago -- Goat was in favor of doing nothing at all to Dudy Noble. Even calling me out to argue with me about what was going to happen. EL OH EL.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?15228-Engie-on-the-baseball-stadium/page1

That's the thread I just linked, dumbass.

engie
Those sightlines you drew in MS Paint.....WOW....what an amazing concept that NO ONE had thought of before the engine.

Obviously you hadn't. As you were still against building anew very recently. One of the last holdouts actually.

engie
08-13-2014, 05:27 PM
That's the thread I just linked, dumbass.

So you linked a thread jam packed full of your dumbassery? A thread that shows me being correct about this every step of the way? Why am I not shocked?

Goat Holder
08-13-2014, 05:28 PM
Obviously you hadn't. As you were still against building anew very recently. One of the last holdouts actually.

I'm still against it if we can't afford it. You are one dense SOB.

Goat Holder
08-13-2014, 05:29 PM
So you linked a thread jam packed full of your dumbassery? A thread that shows me being correct about this every step of the way? Why am I not shocked?

Engine doing what engine does best, making up some unwinnable argument and declaring himself the winner.

engie
08-13-2014, 05:30 PM
I'm still against it if we can't afford it. You are one dense SOB.

Poor ole MSU!!1!1 Money doesn't grow on trees!1!11! We can't afford the best engiNe!!1!1

Yet here we are -- building the best -- laying our dicks out on the table next to every college and semi-pro baseball stadium in the country. And you are still attempting to poor ole MSU it... Hilarious, really.

engie
08-13-2014, 05:34 PM
Engine doing what engine does best, making up some unwinnable argument and declaring himself the winner.

In that same breath, why do we need a new stadium? After all, it's the fans not the stadium (and I agree). Why the huge push for a brand new stadium when we're still a top facility and the consensus NUMBER ONE venue to watch a college baseball game?

40 million dollars doesn't grow on trees, I don't care what network deal we get or what any other young, entitled spoiled brat thinks we deserve. If we have all this money, why do they keep the Bulldog Club open? Seems like chump change to me. Oh.....I know why. Because all that money from the networks is going to the price of doing business in the SEC - salaries, ALL facilities (not just baseball), etc. We're not going to have bags of cash laying around.

So you don't see anything that is now proven dumb as shit with what we now know in this post? Just an example of a goat post being wrong about everything.
- Why do we need a new stadium? To be the best.
- "A top facility"? Say what?
- "$40 mil doesn't grow on trees" -- you are about to find that, for MSU baseball, it does.
- "What other young, entitled spoiled brats think we deserve" -- no, actually that's what our baseball coach, athletics director, and everyone else think we deserve. Obviously.
- "If we have money why keep the bulldog club open"? -- I mean, the idea of continuing to bring in record sums of money just doesn't make sense. Just close the doors and rest on laurels...

Goat Holder
08-13-2014, 05:46 PM
"$40 mil doesn't grow on trees" -- you are about to find that, for MSU baseball, it does...

Yeah, let me know when that happens.

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-13-2014, 05:53 PM
Yeah, let me know when that happens.

Soon. Very soon.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-13-2014, 06:01 PM
Engie and Goat are making a early case for 2014-2015 Domestic Violence couple of the year.

Oh, who doesnt love a good lovers quarrel

Goat Holder
08-13-2014, 06:24 PM
Soon. Very soon.

Hey, while we are bumping threads, may as well bump this one:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?1486-Welp-Bama-is-renovating-Sewell-Thomas-to-the-tune-of-30-mil&p=10818#post10818

defiantdog
08-13-2014, 06:26 PM
https://forum.woodenaxe.com/attachments/1000x500px-ll-b2fdb6ac_lozgr_gif_collection_of_someone_eating_po pcorn-1-gif.856/

Dawgcentral
08-13-2014, 06:52 PM
What puts this project over the top are the condos in the form of the Left Field Loft. Those are going to be assets, not liabilities. As will be the additional seating.

Unless the economy tanks, which I'm predicting it will and am hoping I'm wrong, the 40 Million will be raised. (might take time). Our newfound SECNW revenue will do well toward raising the coaching salaries and furthering the MSU brand.

I hold the position that you have to step up to play with the big boys in this conference and the rest of the nation. And guess what. Ticket prices are going up anyway. We might as well understand that collegiate athletics are headed to the expendable income level of those professional events so many cannot afford to attend regularly. Television will dictate this, since that will be the driving factor in income vs expenses.

Build it. It'll be the best baseball park in a 500 mile radius for 3-5 years.

engie
08-13-2014, 07:02 PM

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?1486-Welp-Bama-is-renovating-Sewell-Thomas-to-the-tune-of-30-mil&p=10818#post10818

Even more confused by this bump, which is basically the same thread I made 100 times over the past 5+ years... and also shows that I, along with many others, are getting exactly what we wanted.

Our administration was not serious about Dudy Noble until after the 2013 postseason run -- which had not began yet when you were making those claims. Anyone that says otherwise doesn't have a clue what they were talking about. As late as the time of those posts, Stricklin was talking about removing the bleachers and just basically doing berms/facades at DNF. It took that run -- and some money people getting in his ear -- to change his mind. He never entertained the idea of leveling and spending this kind of $$ on Dudy Noble prior to the CWS run...

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-13-2014, 07:04 PM

We werent serious until we made the run to the championship. Take that to the bank.

Goat Holder
08-13-2014, 07:44 PM
Even more confused

Germans.

and also shows that I, along with many others, are getting exactly what we wanted.

Please collect your cookie.

What we saw yesterday is what EVERYONE wants. You aren't special. If they say they can pay for it, I believe them. End of story.

NONE of this has anything to do with the point of the thread, which was asking where the SEC Network money was going.

You are quite the persistent thread killer though, engine. I'll give you that.

Todd4State
08-13-2014, 07:51 PM
We are very, very fortunate that we went on our CWS run because as others have said, what Scott likely would have done is simply put lipstick on a pig, with some very what I would consider relatively minor changes- namely taking the bleachers out and replacing them with berms.

The bad thing about that would have been there still would have been a need to replace Dudy-Noble, and I think it would have happened eventually- but we skipped the lipstick on a pig stage instead of costing ourselves millons for a short term fix.

There is a reason why so many people were vocal about building a new stadium the past couple of years.

Back when Polk resigned, we were basically at a crossroads. We could have gone for the status quo, or we could choose to try to win championships. Byrne and MSU chose to try to win championships. I am very happy that we made that choice, but by making that choice it means that we have to go all in totally so that we can be as engie says- the Joneses.

Dawg61
08-13-2014, 09:10 PM
SECNetwork money will go to building the largest maroon cowbell in the world and putting it on top of DWS. That's just the first year.

Dawg61
08-14-2014, 11:54 AM
It wasn't holding us back in that it wasn't costing us guys that wanted to play for msu, but it certainly wasn't luring in guys that weren't already in the msu boat, not when they go around the conference and see nice stadiums everywhere. Now we will have the BEST stadium. That's gonna be a huge advantage when it's coming down to us and msu or us and Arkansas or us and usce for a recruit. They'll have great stadiums and we'll have the best stadium.

huh? run laps for that typo

Johnson85
08-14-2014, 12:10 PM

No. It'd be hard if not impossible to even determine whether the new stadium is funded by the SEC Network money, but I'd bet we'd have other uses for the $20M donations if it weren't for SEC TV money.

dawgs
08-14-2014, 12:13 PM
huh? run laps for that typo

Ha, that was supposed to be us and lsu but my phone autocorrected to msu.

Dawg61
08-14-2014, 12:27 PM
Ha, that was supposed to be us and lsu but my phone autocorrected to msu.

Haha I thought that's what happened but I couldn't pass up the opp to tell you to run laps. Btw Michael Taylor for your Nats looks like a player. He blew me away with his post game interview. Not to thread hijack just wanted you to know I don't hate everything Nationals.