PDA

View Full Version : Your teams and how?

bullygrowl
08-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Sup y'all. New here, obviously. Well not really, been on the pack since 07 and watched how all this developed over the years. I'll admit C34, you got on my nerves a bit back in the day, but, so did a lot of posters. That's what makes freedom of speech and opinion so awesome. However, I will give you props on the board, nice job. I started venturing over here when if first started, but, never really bookmarked the page. Checked things out about a month ago and was amazed at the content. It feels like what it used to feel like on the pack when I first discovered it. Anyway blah, blah, blah, I love all the information on MSU and appreciate all the posters that bring it to us. I am definitely one of those types that read daily and post yearly.

Anyway, I've always been curious how others picked there favorite teams and why. Name your favorite pro/collegiate team and why you picked that team. I feel like I'm in the minority of how I came about my favorite teams, but, we will see. I come from a family that could careless about sports. Somehow, my life revolves around it since I was a kid. Football, baseball, basketball, everything else is 2nd tier. When I was about 9 years old, I remember telling myself that I am going to pick my favorite teams and stick with it.

MLB - Cardinals, it came down to the Braves and Cards, but I loved me some Ozzie, been a Cardinal ever since

NFL - Giants, it seemed like there were Cowboys fans everywhere back then, I've always been the type that hates the bandwagon team. At about that same time, the Giants won the Superbowl on the wide right fg by Bills' kicker Scott Norwood. I remember seeing the players hold hands as the kick went up, then the celebration. That was awesome. Plus I was always L.T. and the Giants vs my cousin in Tecmo Bowl, he was always the bears. Result, Giants fan ever since (sux they got Eli, been hoping for a trade ever since) players come and go, still a Giants fan

NBA - Orlando Magic I was searching for a team, they were the new kid on the block, been my team ever since. However, I find myself pulling for the Grizz in the playoffs

College - MSU- I noticed all the snobby kids or pure rednecks were sporting the rebels gear. I was neither, easy choice had my room painted maroon with bulldogs in every corner, been a Dawg ever since, Class of 2003.

BTW the dude renderings are just BA, that is all, carry on.

HoopsDawg
08-13-2014, 03:00 PM
What makes you think anyone cares who your favorite pro teams are?

quickstrike2
08-13-2014, 03:19 PM
Mainly just Mississippi State University.

jumbo
08-13-2014, 03:26 PM
I'm pretty much a literal homer

I'm from Memphis and live in Nashville now...my teams are the Grizzlies, Titans and Predators (who I actually worked for). Don't have a baseball team cause I don't really care about MLB.

hailmari
08-13-2014, 03:28 PM
Packers- initially because of Brett Favre

Braves- because I'm a 90s kid

Grizz- I'm from the area

MSU- because daddy issues

preachermatt83
08-13-2014, 03:30 PM
What makes you think anyone cares who your favorite pro teams are?

man, what have you got to be so hateful for..

Welcome Newbie, Glad to have ya.

My favorite sports teams are

NFL: Cowboys- I grew up in the days of Aikman, Emmitt, and Irvin. Always enjoyed cheering for them.

NCAA- There is only two teams that matter... MSU(I am from an MSU family) and Whoever OM is playing.

NBA- Who cares

NHL- HAHAHAHAHA!

MLB- Braves- Bream, Pendelton, Justice, Gant, Lemke, Blouser.... whats not to like.

Pokerdawg44
08-13-2014, 03:39 PM
Nba- hometown grizz
Mlb- dont really care but if I had to pick- red sox. I hate yankees and really enjoyed watching Paps there
Nfl- raiders. Bo Jackson on Tecmo bowl was unstoppable and it just stuck.
College- my dads been taking me to games before I could remember. My grand dad also went to state. I have uncles and cousins on both sides that all went to state. Was raised to HATE OM and id say im pretty good at it

Mjoelner34
08-13-2014, 03:43 PM
NFL: Buffalo Bills. The very first thing I remember about pro football was watching O.J. go over 2000 yards for the season in the snow against the Jets. I was 7 years old and in south Mississippi so I thought the snow was cool as hell, I liked their uniforms and the announcers just kept going on and on about them so I figured they were a big deal. Of course they weren't worth a crap until about 16 years later but that was it.

MLB: Kansas City Royals/Atlanta Braves. I grew up a George Brett fan but switched to the Braves when we got cable tv around 1980. I quit watching pro baseball after their last strike so I don't care for any of them now. I stick with college ball.

NBA: Seattle Supersonics. I was a band-waggoner here. They were good, I liked their uniforms and they had a cool name. I quit watching the NBA when Bird and Magic retired and I'm the happiest man on the planet whenever they go on strike.

NCAA: USM/MSU. I grew up a USM fan since they were only 30 minutes away and I used to get to go to games for free as an usher with the Boy Scouts. This was in the days of Reggie Collier who would be amazing in Mullen's offense. After I decided to become an engineer, it was all MSU and nothing but MSU.

mparkerfd20
08-13-2014, 03:55 PM
. When I was about 9 years old, I remember telling myself that I am going to pick my favorite teams and stick with it.

Congrats on turning 10 young man!

State82
08-13-2014, 03:56 PM
Cowboys/Saints, Cincinnati Reds/Texas Rangers. Don't know anything about this NBA deal y'all are speaking of.

BulldogBear
08-13-2014, 05:16 PM
MLB - IDK. Braves? MLB kind of lost me in 1994 strike

NBA - No Thank You

NFL - Saints. Grew up Natchez which sometimes feels more like Louisiana than Mississippi as far as sports affiliations go.

NCAA - Mississippi State all the way. My upbringing.