PDA

View Full Version : Kellenberger says Tee is likely out of the year

ShotgunDawg
08-13-2014, 11:19 AM
I feel really bad for the kid, but not for Ole Miss. If they were truly counting on this guy helping this year, they could be in deep doo doo. I guess Koolio may have to actually play, which is probably good for everyone they play.

maroonmania
08-13-2014, 11:23 AM
What will really be interesting is to see if Tee can maintain academic eligibility during a year he is just sitting out and rehabbing. I wouldn't bank on that happening as he has had academic trouble everywhere he has been.

ShotgunDawg
08-13-2014, 11:27 AM
What will really be interesting is to see if Tee can maintain academic eligibility during a year he is just sitting out and rehabbing. I wouldn't bank on that happening as he has had academic trouble everywhere he has been.

HA, this Ole Miss we are talking about man. Tee will have straight A's, Dean's List, and a degree in Micro Biology before he leaves.

Jacksondevildog
08-13-2014, 11:28 AM
When you have students doing your work for you, it shouldn't be that hard to pass. Brassell never showed up for class. The Ole Miss plan doesn't work if you make 100's on assignments and you never step foot inside the classroom. Im sure they will use some educational law that says that Tee has a learning disability because he's deaf. He can write his name in a crayon on a paper and pass at Ole Miss (Powe). Yet he can read an offense and know the entire playbook. No learning disadvantage there.

maroonmania
08-13-2014, 11:30 AM
HA, this Ole Miss we are talking about man. Tee will have straight A's, Dean's List, and a degree in Micro Biology before he leaves.

May happen but it also may be another Nick Brassell situation where not even OM can keep him eligible. I mean the guy had mega trouble getting out of Coahoma or whatever CC he was in.

deltadawg99
08-13-2014, 11:32 AM
Can they redshirt him this year? I know he's been a journeyman with his college choices, so I wasn't sure.

Jacksondevildog
08-13-2014, 11:34 AM
He should be entering graduate school next year with all of the schools that he's been to.

"Dr. Tee Shepherd starting at CB for your Ole Miss Rebels."

starkvegasdawg
08-13-2014, 11:36 AM
I feel really bad for the kid, but not for Ole Miss. If they were truly counting on this guy helping this year, they could be in deep doo doo. I guess Koolio may have to actually play, which is probably good for everyone they play.

I bet he actually had tears running down his face as he typed that. He'll probably come back with a Dak sucks article this afternoon in an attempt to cheer himself up.

thunderclap
08-13-2014, 11:46 AM
Please let Koolio be forced to play.

Coach34
08-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Merry Flipmas

CadaverDawg
08-13-2014, 11:54 AM
I hate it for Tee. Not a big fan of his due to the flip, but I still hate injuries to anybody. That being said, OM will find a way to redshirt him, and 5 years from now he'll be a 6th year Senior and will have counted 4 times in their recruiting rankings.*

MarketingBully01
08-13-2014, 01:08 PM
Can they redshirt him this year? I know he's been a journeyman with his college choices, so I wasn't sure.

He has three to play three so I am thinking no. He will have two to play two next year.

UMCDawg16
08-13-2014, 01:10 PM
I feel bad for Tee. He was manipulated by OM and Freeze. They took advantage of him, considering his mental and hearing issues. OM deserves it though.

sandwolf
08-13-2014, 01:15 PM
He has three to play three so I am thinking no. He will have two to play two next year.

He can get a medical redshirt for this year.

ShotgunDawg
08-13-2014, 01:41 PM
Here is the deal: With Tee's age being what it is and if he is good, Ole Miss will likely only get 1 good year with him.

Next year will be his 4th year of college football. If Tee has a good year and shows any potential at all, why would he stick around for another year, much less 3?

If Tee is a good player, he won't be at Ole Miss more than a year or maybe two before going to the NFL. If he plays at Ole Miss for 3 years, then he probably wasn't an impact player.

No 22+ plus year old player is going to stick around playing college football if he has NFL ability.

MarketingBully01
08-13-2014, 02:07 PM

He won't be able to play three so he will be able to play two. If you want to call that a medical redshirt fine but that would end up making him something like a 7 year senior which I don't think is likely to happen. I don't think they can get four years for three. I could be wrong but I don't think that is possible so it will become three years for two and that won't be a redshirt technically.

MafiaDawg
08-13-2014, 02:13 PM
So many people assume players can leave for the nfl whenever they want. You realize it's pretty difficult to play nfl football right?

sandwolf
08-13-2014, 02:34 PM
He won't be able to play three so he will be able to play two. If you want to call that a medical redshirt fine but that would end up making him something like a 7 year senior which I don't think is likely to happen. I don't think they can get four years for three. I could be wrong but I don't think that is possible so it will become three years for two and that won't be a redshirt technically.

I am not an expert on any of this, but the way I understand it is that if you lose a year due to injury, then after you have used up all of your eligibility, you can apply for a medical redshirt to get back the year that was lost.

In 2012, Shepard enrolled at Notre Dame as a FR, but left the team for whatever reason and basically used his redshirt for that year. Then in 2013, he played JUCO as a RS FR. So this season at UM, he is a RS SO with 3 years to play 3......but since he has lost a year to injury, he will qualify for a Medical RS and a 6th year of eligibility. That is the way I understand it anyway.

Homedawg
08-13-2014, 02:34 PM

Only of he has 4 to play 3. Or 3 to play 2. Not sure of his status. I read he had 4 to play 3. Don't know if that's accurate or not.

Homedawg
08-13-2014, 02:40 PM
I am not an expert on any of this, but the way I understand it is that if you lose a year due to injury, then after you have used up all of your eligibility, you can apply for a medical redshirt to get back the year that was lost.

In 2012, Shepard enrolled at Notre Dame as a FR, but left the team for whatever reason and basically used his redshirt for that year. Then in 2013, he played JUCO as a RS FR. So this season at UM, he is a RS SO with 3 years to play 3......but since he has lost a year to injury, he will qualify for a Medical RS and a 6th year of eligibility. That is the way I understand it anyway.

No. That's not right. One can apply for a 6th year medical hardship after their 5 years are up. Jay Hughes would be a good example of this. There is a difference between this and a medical redshirt. That's what Cedric jiles got his fr yr. he was hurt during the year and had not been redshirted previously.

sandwolf
08-13-2014, 02:41 PM
Only of he has 4 to play 3. Or 3 to play 2. Not sure of his status. I read he had 4 to play 3. Don't know if that's accurate or not.

I am pretty sure the if he had 4 to play 3, that would mean that he had not used his redshirt year yet.

Just like when a freshman comes in, he has 5 to play 4. If he redshirts, then he becomes a RS FR with 4 to play 4........but if he then gets injured as a RS SO (which is the case with TS), he can still be granted a medical RS and a 6th year of eligibility.

sandwolf
08-13-2014, 02:43 PM
No. That's not right. One can apply for a 6th year medical hardship after their 5 years are up. Jay Hughes would be a good example of this. There is a difference between this and a medical redshirt. That's what Cedric jiles got his fr yr. he was hurt during the year and had not been redshirted previously.

Oh ok, I guess I have been referring to the medical hardship the whole time. But regardless, TS would be eligible for that, correct?

Homedawg
08-13-2014, 02:46 PM
What I'm telling you is there is a difference between a medical redshirt and a 6th year hardship. If he has 4 to play 3 then it's just hs redshirt year. Doesn't make any difference if it's medical or not. If he has 3 to play 3 he does not automatically qualify for a 6th year. He petitions for that after his 5th year of eligibility. Too many people think the two are the same thing- two different deals completely.

Homedawg
08-13-2014, 02:47 PM
Oh ok, I guess I have been referring to the medical hardship the whole time. But regardless, TS would be eligible for that, correct?

Not necessarily, but possibly. Some get it, some don't. The rhyme or reason behind it is sometimes crazy.

ShotgunDawg
08-13-2014, 02:58 PM
So many people assume players can leave for the nfl whenever they want. You realize it's pretty difficult to play nfl football right?

No I didn't realize the NFL was tough***

Ole Miss fans think this guy is a "lock down corner". If they are correct, then he won't be at Ole Miss very long because "Lock down corners" go in the NFL draft.

Why would a 22 or 23 year old player that was good enough to play in the NFL, stay in college?

starkvegasdawg
08-13-2014, 04:11 PM
Why would a 22 or 23 year old player that was good enough to play in the NFL, stay in college?

If he goes to tsun then it's because he doesn't want the pay cut.

mic
08-13-2014, 04:50 PM
I would not be shocked if Tee is back out west sooner than later...