PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Spears has already supplanted himself as the worst SEC Network analyst

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2014, 06:54 PM
Watching ESPN right now, and he must have been told by someone that we suck and he never bothered to actually do any of his own research.

He is basically saying that MSU has no chance of beating LSU, and Ole Miss is the only team from Mississippi that has chance. He says that Ole Miss is clearly better than MSU.

Thus far, Spears appears to be just another former player that uses his playing career as a crutch to not have to put any effort or research into his job. Of course, he doesn't actually break down the two teams. Just says that Ole Miss is clearly better.

msstate7
08-12-2014, 06:59 PM
Gonna make this season even sweeter. Nothing I like more than a prima Donna led team like OM reading/hearing their praise. Meanwhile we're building a Chris jones' size chip on our shoulder

Raytoraid83
08-12-2014, 07:09 PM
"Mississippi State isn't physical enough to beat LSU." -Marcus Spears

msstate7
08-12-2014, 07:12 PM

In other words, we're soft. Who cares what these jerks say?

shoeless joe
08-12-2014, 07:13 PM
Yeah I saw it. Hate to say it but he is a typical former lineman turned analyst. He'll play the part of the "big lovable idiot" all year...but he'll be too dumb to know he's playing the part. And I don't say that based on his love for Umiss, he's just regurgitating what many others have already said.

On the contrary, Tebow seemed a little over-prepared and always wanted to make his prepared point at inopportune times. He did give some love to his old OC several times. In the long run I think he'll be good just gotta get more into the flow and let it come natural versus forcing it a little.

I am also surprised to say that I think I'm goin to enjoy Paul on the show.

shoeless joe
08-12-2014, 07:16 PM

He apparently didn't see our D during the last 3 games last year...or seen our front 7 depth chart. There really is a point to be made about him being on the show...but I digress

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2014, 07:32 PM
I have no problem with an analyst not thinking we are good. Just have a reason to back it up. Saying that we can't beat LSU because we aren't physical enough on the defensive line is ignorant when some have said we have the best d line in the conference.

For example: if just one analyst said, "I don't think MSU is any good because they suck ass at kicker." I couldn't disagree with them and would find that to be completely valid. Just poke in the right places.

Being on the SEC network is a privilege. You should be prepared, or get out.

jbjones
08-12-2014, 07:45 PM
He apparently didn't see our D during the last 3 games last year...or seen our front 7 depth chart. There really is a point to be made about him being on the show...but I digress

I watched most of that show. I thought it was interesting that out of everything said, not a single mention was given to our Defense. Maybe I missed it, but I surly didn't hear it.

And I agree with your assessment of Tebow. Damn, he just wouldn't shut up. I like the kid, but he was stepping on everyone.

Drugdog
08-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Pretty piss poor performance by all. If that is how the SEC network is going to be then they will lose viewers including me. By the way HOW BIG ARE PAULS EARS!

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Marcus Spears is apparently a total dumbass. If this is the quality analysis, research, and discussion we can expect from the SEC Network, it's gonna SUUUUUUUCK.