PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to Stricklin and co.

messageboardsuperhero
08-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Stricklin handled this great. He did everything that needed to be done:

Tore down the grandstand and started over with an open, 360 degree concourse
Made LFL safe, while also retaining its character
Added a bunch of high quality premium seating
And last but not least- got us the back on top. We will have the undisputed best stadium in college baseball. Bar none.

The one question I have is will there be a student section? Still, just a great job. You can tell he put so much into this and really knock it out of the park and onto the freeway. And thankfully I have seen very little backlash or hurt feelings about the changes in LFL- which was a huge concern before. All in all, just fantastic. It's exactly what many of us have been asking for for years.

maroonmania
08-12-2014, 04:44 PM
Stricklin handled this great. He did everything that needed to be done:

Tore down the grandstand and started over with an open, 360 degree concourse
Made LFL safe, while also retaining its character
Added a bunch of high quality premium seating
And last but not least- got us the back on top. We will have the undisputed best stadium in college baseball. Bar none.

The one question I have is will there be a student section? Still, just a great job. You can tell he put so much into this and really knock it out of the park and onto the freeway. And thankfully I have seen very little backlash or hurt feelings about the changes in LFL- which was a huge concern before. All in all, just fantastic. It's exactly what many of us have been asking for for years.

But, but, but, I thought Strick was just another LT with better social skills? Or so I've heard on this board.

Political Hack
08-12-2014, 06:13 PM
kudos to Strick. It is a masterpiece and will define his legacy,
as well as Cohen's.

Todd4State
08-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Cohen has cemented his legacy by taking us further than any other coach in MSU baseball history. He can make his legacy greater by winning a NC, and this new stadium will help him do that.

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2014, 06:54 PM
But, but, but, I thought Strick was just another LT with better social skills? Or so I've heard on this board.

He's earned credit with this project. Still think he's learning on the job, though. Look no further than the continued employment of Bracky Fife.

godlluB
08-12-2014, 07:12 PM
I agree with all of this except the LFL part. There's no way a bunch of concrete slabs will ever replace the character of LFL.

Homedawg
08-12-2014, 07:16 PM
I agree with all of this except the LFL part. There's no way a bunch of concrete slabs will ever replace the character of LFL.

You are right. But it will replace the potential lawsuits. Hopefully we can keep it that way until this is done.

Bob Sacamano
08-12-2014, 07:55 PM
Bracky works for Keenum.
Not stricklandz

Bark
08-12-2014, 08:50 PM
Credit where credit is due. I definitely haven't liked a lot of the things he's done but this unbelievable stadium cancels everything else out. He gained my respect (not that that matters).