PDA

View Full Version : How good would a team built with OM and MSU players be and who would you take?

Alldawg
08-12-2014, 03:18 PM
QB - Dak
RB - Robinson/Mathers
WR- L. Treadwell, J Lewis, Johnson
TE- Engram
OL - Tunsil, Morris, Day, Clausell, Clayborne
DT - Chris Jones and Gross
DE- R. Nkem and CJ Johnson
LB - McKinney and Bryant
CB - Calhoun, Golson, and Love
S - Prewitt, Conner, Cox
K - Who ever OM has
P - Bell

Could and would compete for SEC and National championship. The 2nd string would be good also.

GreenheadDawg
08-12-2014, 03:34 PM
1. Mathers would be 3rd string at best on our team
2. Would not take Morris over Clayborne nor Malone
3. I would take Wells over Bryant any day
4. substitute Bear for whoever the **** Johnson is up there

I don't have a problem with the rest

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2014, 03:38 PM
You almost had it.

Offense:

QB - Dak
RB - J-Rob
WR - Treadwell, Tubby, Bear
TE - Engram
OL - Tunsil, Morris, Day, Clayborn, Clausell

Defense:

DT - CJ & Kimdeechee
DE - CJJ/Gross & Preston Smith
LB - B-Mack, Wells, Beni
CB - Love, Calhoun
S - Conner, Prewitt

Special Teams:

P - Bell
K - TSUN
KR - Mathers, Redmond
PR - Mathers, Redmond

That's just the starters. The depth behind some of the starters would be just as ridiculous. Eulls, PJ, Malone, RoJo, MoJo, Sanders, Bryant, R Brown, Cox, Market, Golson, Redmond, Beckwith, Bo Dirt, etc.

In all seriousness, Mississippi f'd up when we created 3 major regional universities in the state instead of one centrally located major university. It's been said before, but if you combined the talent in our state into 1 university, you'd have a perennial national title contender and top 10 type of program. Alas, our politicians didn't have that foresight. If there was one thing I'd go back in time to change in MS as it relates to sports, that would be it.

jimbo352
08-12-2014, 05:42 PM
You almost had it.

Offense:

QB - Dak
RB - J-Rob
WR - Treadwell, Tubby, Bear
TE - Engram
OL - Tunsil, Morris, Day, Clayborn, Clausell

Defense:

DT - CJ & Kimdeechee
DE - CJJ/Gross & Preston Smith
LB - B-Mack, Wells, Beni
CB - Love, Calhoun
S - Conner, Prewitt

Special Teams:

P - Bell
K - TSUN
KR - Mathers, Redmond
PR - Mathers, Redmond

That's just the starters. The depth behind some of the starters would be just as ridiculous. Eulls, PJ, Malone, RoJo, MoJo, Sanders, Bryant, R Brown, Cox, Market, Golson, Redmond, Beckwith, Bo Dirt, etc.

In all seriousness, Mississippi f'd up when we created 3 major regional universities in the state instead of one centrally located major university. It's been said before, but if you combined the talent in our state into 1 university, you'd have a perennial national title contender and top 10 type of program. Alas, our politicians didn't have that foresight. If there was one thing I'd go back in time to change in MS as it relates to sports, that would be it.

Agree with all of the above.

Alldawg
08-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Completely agree. No business having three schools. We could easily field a top 10 team every season with the right leadership.

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Completely agree. No business having three schools. We could easily field a top 10 team every season with the right leadership.

I think we can stop the whole 3 schools thing. Mississippi has 2 schools now. Southern Miss has been eliminated.

That is like saying that LSU competes with ULL or La Tech

msstate7
08-12-2014, 06:26 PM
I think we can stop the whole 3 schools thing. Mississippi has 2 schools now. Southern Miss has been eliminated.

That is like saying that LSU competes with ULL or La Tech

Not that ull is competing with lsu, but ull is an athletic program on the rise.

BiscuitEater
08-12-2014, 06:36 PM

As a 'great' game to watch. ULL struggled against their 'big' games last year. They blew the Arkansas game before it really got started.

Think Hud will have them pumped for this game in Oxford. ULL QB retuning is a huge plus. Right now, am looking at ULL + points.

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2014, 06:38 PM

Not disagreeing, but the two schools aren't competing for players against each other. Mississippi has 2 schools. By far our bigger problem now is LSU, Bama, and Auburn, than it is USM

Coach34
08-12-2014, 07:27 PM
My offense:

QB- Dakota
RB- JRob
Thumper- Shump / TE- Engram (if healthy)
OL- Big Softy, Malone, Day, Clayborn, and Clausell
WR- Paidwell, Bear, Jameon

Defense:

DE- CJJ, Preston Smith
DT- Jones, Kimchee
LB- Bennie B, Wells, and McKinney
S- Prewitt and Conner
CB- Calhoun...Toss-up between Redmond and JLove