PDA

View Full Version : Travis Haney 4 Teams that shouldn't be in the Top 25

TexasDawg
08-12-2014, 02:18 PM
Ole Miss Rebels (19)

I don’t see Ole Miss as anything more than another five- or six-loss team, even if coach Hugh Freeze tells me the Rebels are “much better off than we were” in terms of depth and talent. I definitely wouldn’t fight him on the talent part, not with studs such as OT Laremy Tunsil and DT Robert Nkemdiche coming into their own as sophomores. But depth?

Freeze said he “feels good about every position” . . . except the offensive line . . . and tight end . . . and receiver. Those aren't insignificant concerns for an offense that ranked ninth in the SEC last season in yards per play (against conference opponents). I see star power all over this roster, but not the second-tier depth that has made Alabama and LSU standards in the league.

Freeze says the Rebels are now at a point where they should be more competitive in the SEC West. But his next line was more telling about the pecking order: “No one’s backing up.” There isn’t enough room at the table for Ole Miss to remain a top-25 team.

starkvegasdawg
08-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Send that man a cigar and a bottle of scotch.

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2014, 02:22 PM
He's right.

codeDawg
08-12-2014, 02:41 PM
This is it. The "stars" of the team will do some flashy stuff this year, but at the end of they day, they won't be deep enough for it to matter.

Political Hack
08-12-2014, 02:42 PM
you mean a team that's 2-14 on the road in conference over the last four years isn't a program beater???