PDA

View Full Version : Are we the only school that self-reports NCAA violations?

fishwater99
08-12-2014, 10:39 AM
It sure seems like it, we do this while TSUN are going crazy giving full picnic baskets to all the bear recruits.

The violation also reveal the recruiting office using illegal stickers.
Mississippi State sent out a "Junior Day" invitation. The back of the envelope was sealed with an "Elite Junior Day 2014 Official Invite" sticker. The contents were within the guidelines. The sticker was deemed a violation.
A table also got the Bulldogs in trouble. On Jan. 18, 2014 MSU's football staff set up a table in the locker room to display game equipment. The display table was determined to be a "special addition" to the locker room, and thus a violation.

Really??

I'm so glad Bracky Brett is doing such a "great" job for us...

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/mississippistatesports/2014/08/11/msu-reports-21-violations-during-academic-year/13924545/

deltadawg99
08-12-2014, 10:46 AM
I don't understand why Bracky is still employed by the University. Will Redmond should punch Bracky in the nuts anytime he sees him.

codeDawg
08-12-2014, 10:47 AM
I would rather give the perception that we report everything by reporting a lot of things that don't matter, but apparently we just drop our pants on everything.

The bigger question is why any of this crap is a violation to begin with. What a waste of resources. #power5

mstatefan91
08-12-2014, 10:47 AM
This is a case of the NCAA having some of the most bone headed rules in the world. It's also a case of Bracky Brett not realizing that some things, such as stickers or tables, are not actually going to sway a recruit's decision in a way that money would.

jumbo
08-12-2014, 10:48 AM
No, but we are probably the only school that freaks out about them. Every school does this and they mean absolutely nothing.

http://barstoolu.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/sc-reports-themselves-for-ncaa-violations-after-giving-cookie-cakes-with-illegal-icing-to-prospects/

Ifyouonlyknew
08-12-2014, 10:50 AM
@CharlotteCP: South Carolina reports 22 minor NCAA violations: South Carolina reported 22 infractions of NCAA rules in the past... http://t.co/K1Dhnqa2oT

MadDawg
08-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Sounds like Bracky is just trying to justify his paycheck.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-12-2014, 10:52 AM
@JustinKettel: Reason #573 why NCAA rules are archaic - Oregon's secondary violations incl shaving supplies, laser tag and mini golf http://t.co/fwIhCs8IyW

Coach34
08-12-2014, 10:54 AM
No- but we are the best at it

maroonmania
08-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Will Bracky ever retire or are we stuck with him until he dies?

Perpetual Underachiever
08-12-2014, 11:11 AM
Bracky has to go. He may have been a decent hire in 2002, but the position out grew him a long time ago. IMO there are two options for the compliance position: an attorney or a former NCAA employee. Our entire athletic department has been revitalized, yet this one POS is still there. Time to cut the dead weight Strick and bring in someone who is actually willing to defend our university.

maroonmania
08-12-2014, 11:24 AM
Bracky has to go. He may have been a decent hire in 2002, but the position out grew him a long time ago. IMO there are two options for the compliance position: an attorney or a former NCAA employee. Our entire athletic department has been revitalized, yet this one POS is still there. Time to cut the dead weight Strick and bring in someone who is actually willing to defend our university.

Apparently Strick and Keenum love him or at least Keenum does. Bracky isn't going anywhere as long as he has Keenum's support.

thunderclap
08-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Will Bracky ever retire or are we stuck with him until he dies?

He could be reassigned in about a damn second if Keenum or Mullen got serious. Why they haven't, I don't know.

maroonmania
08-12-2014, 11:51 AM
He could be reassigned in about a damn second if Keenum or Mullen got serious. Why they haven't, I don't know.

Retirement or death are more probable solutions at this point.

RattStevens
08-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Bracky Brett is an amateur in a professionals game. Ole Miss challenged anyone with information to send it to compliance so they could bury it, and they did. Bracky will suspend Will Redmond 18 more games for this.

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2014, 12:30 PM
No, we're just the only school that reports the more serious violations. Everyone else is reporting shit like an illegally decorated cake. I have no clue how Bracky Fife keeps his job. It's just ridiculous.

PassInterference
08-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Oklahoma had a guy commit sexual assault. Based on his 1 year suspension I can conclude that not paying book value for a new car is 50% more serious than rape.

gravedigger
08-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Old military tactic. WHen you face a general inspection of barracks, instead of perfectly cleaning your area, we'd leave one empty can of coke in the trash can. The officer would find it and dog us for a few seconds about not emptying the trash and leave.

If we didn't, they tore the whole room up.

Sounds like we are leaving a few secondary violations in the trash can.

TheRef
08-12-2014, 01:24 PM
Old military tactic. WHen you face a general inspection of barracks, instead of perfectly cleaning your area, we'd leave one empty can of coke in the trash can. The officer would find it and dog us for a few seconds about not emptying the trash and leave.

If we didn't, they tore the whole room up.

Sounds like we are leaving a few secondary violations in the trash can.

What are you insinuating by that post?

gravedigger
08-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Pretty straight forward. If we admit the minor things we and everybody does inadvertently, the inspectors are less motivated to tear our program apart trying to find something.

Eta: investigators have to justify their existence. I'd say a school that helps them find minor things at least appears to be a school to spend less time and effort trying to crucify.

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2014, 02:27 PM
Pretty straight forward. If we admit the minor things we and everybody does inadvertently, the inspectors are less motivated to tear our program apart trying to find something.

I would completely agree with this if we didn't already have a history of pulling back the poster on the wall so that the authorities could see our escape tunnel. The fact that we freely shared our major violation, negates this.

drunkernhelldawg
08-12-2014, 02:42 PM
This is nothing. I think we've built a damn good team at this point. If we did it playing by the rules, that increases our chances of keeping it and building on it.

sleepy dawg
08-12-2014, 03:07 PM
A while back Greg Ellis tweeted out that Bracky was the best in the business, and he wasn't joking. I still don't think the vast majority of people, including staff and personnel, realize how bad he hurts us.