PDA

View Full Version : Baseball stadium

Homedawg
08-12-2014, 07:49 AM
Look for an announcement on the new stadium, soon. Very very soon.

Political Hack
08-12-2014, 07:56 AM
I thought it was going to be last week and was disappointed when it didn't come out.

TStationDawg
08-12-2014, 07:57 AM
ALL NEW???!!

Political Hack
08-12-2014, 08:02 AM
ALL NEW???!!

the Sultan of Swat is smiling from above...

MsStateBaseball
08-12-2014, 08:04 AM
Terrific news.

Coach34
08-12-2014, 08:49 AM
I hear it's going to be all new-renovation costs too much. Better to go ahead and start anew to build a palace

maroonmania
08-12-2014, 08:51 AM
Same location or different location?

State82
08-12-2014, 09:01 AM
Fantastic news! Can't wait. I'm more interested to see this than I was DWS.

Steakonastick
08-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Last I heard was strick was sliding over to the complete new stadium. Once they saw they figures of a major renovation compared to starting all over it made sense.

ScottH
08-12-2014, 09:09 AM
New Stadium. Same site.

Great looking. Lots of neat stuff. We'll all be proud.

Memo to all - look a the big picture don't focus on one change.

Today's announcement will tell all.

C222
08-12-2014, 09:10 AM
New Stadium. Same site.

Uh oh. LFL?

HereComesTheSpiral
08-12-2014, 09:16 AM
New Stadium. Same site.

Is Polks name getting dropped?

MzTerry
08-12-2014, 09:24 AM
New Stadium. Same site.

if they do away w/ LFL it's a 17ing traveshamockery and it's not worth ANY of the change if that's what you mean by "look at the big picture." The LFL and cowbells are literally the only unique things ab our program that are recognizable on a nat'l scale. If we do away w/ LFL, we are doing so in order to have a nice stadium for 20 years then it'll be just like all of the other 20 yr old stadiums. He sure as hell better not be getting rid of LFL.

messageboardsuperhero
08-12-2014, 09:53 AM
if they do away w/ LFL it's a 17ing traveshamockery and it's not worth ANY of the change if that's what you mean by "look at the big picture." The LFL and cowbells are literally the only unique things ab our program that are recognizable on a nat'l scale. If we do away w/ LFL, we are doing so in order to have a nice stadium for 20 years then it'll be just like all of the other 20 yr old stadiums. He sure as hell better not be getting rid of LFL.

LFL isn't going anywhere, IMO. Stricklin has talked many times about how important it is to our program and identity.

Now, there will probably be a few modifications- but I'm pretty damn sure the LFL is here to stay.

MsStateBaseball
08-12-2014, 09:54 AM
Polk's name better not be dropped. We need a statue of him out front.

Goat Holder
08-12-2014, 09:56 AM
Polk's name better not be dropped. We need a statue of him out front.

At this point, Cohen's name should be on the stadium.

starkvegasdawg
08-12-2014, 10:02 AM
My best guess is that the mobile platforms will be done away with and they build some kind of structure out there for people to use. If they kill the LFL outright then I bet you start seeing people stick For Sale signs in his yard. That's a offense worthy of getting fired for right there.

Miss. Stake
08-12-2014, 10:03 AM

I'm just going to say it straightforward. If the powers that be decide to do away with the LFL or go another route then get the F over it. The LFL has been great, but I wouldn't care if it becomes history. Time to move on. Our Stadium is old as hell and we need something brand new and modern. Watching a baseball game at Dudy Noble is a pretty bad experience.. and this is coming from someone with full access to a good positioned trailer in LFL (something the majority people don't have). We will always cherish the PAST memories of LFL

C222
08-12-2014, 10:06 AM
I'm just going to say it straightforward. If the powers that be decide to do away with the LFL or go another route then get the F over it. The LFL has been great, but I wouldn't care if it becomes history. Time to move on. Our Stadium is old as hell and we need something brand new and modern. Watching a baseball game at Dudy Noble is a pretty bad experience.. and this is coming from someone with full access to a good positioned trailer in LFL (something the majority people don't have). We will always cherish the PAST memories of LFL

This won't go over well.

ScottH
08-12-2014, 10:14 AM
My best guess is that the mobile platforms will be done away with and they build some kind of structure out there for people to use.

Are you friends with Janet Marie Smith?

godlluB
08-12-2014, 10:20 AM
My best guess is that the mobile platforms will be done away with and they build some kind of structure out there for people to use. If they kill the LFL outright then I bet you start seeing people stick For Sale signs in his yard. That's a offense worthy of getting fired for right there.

That would be the same as doing away with LFL. If this happens, I'll be leading the charge to get rid of Stricklin.

HoopsDawg
08-12-2014, 10:22 AM
That would be the same as doing away with LFL. If this happens, I'll be leading the charge to get rid of Stricklin.

Just settle down and wait for the presentation. Good gosh.

bulldogcountry1
08-12-2014, 10:24 AM
Is it going to be done on time?**

MzTerry
08-12-2014, 10:25 AM

who the hell are you sitting with out there? you get the F over it. It's the BEST place to watch a game point blank period. I have friends who are UA, AU, and Vandy fans who went to one game with me before and now beg me to take them to a game at Dudy Noble every year. Those are people with no PAST memories, only PRESENT memories. I for one agree.

AROB44
08-12-2014, 10:30 AM
]Is Polks name getting dropped[/B]?

Let's damn sure hope so !!!

godlluB
08-12-2014, 10:37 AM
Just had someone show me this from the Bulldog Club website. Apparently it's been there a while.

http://www.msubulldogclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/New-Facilities.jpg

messageboardsuperhero
08-12-2014, 10:38 AM
Just had someone show me this from the Bulldog Club website. Apparently it's been there a while.

That's the Tennis/Softball renovation... Not baseball.

ScottH
08-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Isnt that softball and tennis?

engie
08-12-2014, 10:39 AM

That's softball/tennis...

Mjoelner34
08-12-2014, 10:43 AM

Green chairbacks?

godlluB
08-12-2014, 10:44 AM
Ok,I hadn't seen it before. That's a bad ass looking facility. I was wondering where all of the sky boxes went.

Homedawg
08-12-2014, 10:44 AM
The size of the softball tennis deal that was once going to be $6 million is about to be cut significantly.

Steakonastick
08-12-2014, 10:48 AM
I don't have specifics but people are about to go nuts over lfl.

Miss. Stake
08-12-2014, 10:56 AM
who the hell are you sitting with out there? you get the F over it. It's the BEST place to watch a game point blank period. I have friends who are UA, AU, and Vandy fans who went to one game with me before and now beg me to take them to a game at Dudy Noble every year. Those are people with no PAST memories, only PRESENT memories. I for one agree.

The majority of fans don't have access to LFL, and to those who don't have access to LFL watching a baseball game at Dudy Noble is a bad experience. Watching from chairback seats is an average experience.

rabbitthedawg
08-12-2014, 10:57 AM
I've spoken with Strickland as we have a trailer in the LFL. They are not going to do any damage to that area. If anything, they will make it much safer and cleaner.

rtdawg
08-12-2014, 11:10 AM

Wow. We must watch games in 2 totally different places. Watching a game in the Lounge is pretty bad ass. Saying it's a bad experience is pretty comical to me.

engie
08-12-2014, 11:14 AM
The majority of fans don't have access to LFL, and to those who don't have access to LFL watching a baseball game at Dudy Noble is a bad experience. Watching from chairback seats is an average experience.

Got to find a way to do both -- which can be done with tiers behind the lounges and lowered lounges in right.

Miss. Stake
08-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Wow. We must watch games in 2 totally different places. Watching a game in the Lounge is pretty bad ass. Saying it's a bad experience is pretty comical to me.

I did not phrase my original statement very well. Watching a game in LFL is a good experience, but the majority of fans don't have access to it and I'm OK with moving on from LFL, I feel confident in Stricklin and the designers for the new stadium.

GulfCoastDawg
08-12-2014, 11:45 AM
I did not phrase my original statement very well. Watching a game in LFL is a good experience, but the majority of fans don't have access to it and I'm OK with moving on from LFL, I feel confident in Stricklin and the designers for the new stadium.

He made a "Miss Stake" *drops mic, walks off stage*

Coach34
08-12-2014, 11:46 AM
I heard LFL will remain but with some modifications for safety and such. Embrace a little change people- it's for the common good

SaltyDawg
08-12-2014, 11:49 AM
I'm going to wait for the announcement before I make a judgment, instead of freaking out before actually seeing it.

Anyone know when they are supposed to announce it officially?

TheRef
08-12-2014, 12:05 PM
I'm going to wait for the announcement before I make a judgment, instead of freaking out before actually seeing it.

Anyone know when they are supposed to announce it officially?

University holding a press conference at 3:15 PM.

Mjoelner34
08-12-2014, 12:11 PM
2013 Article with the rendering from the campus master plan that was done years ago.

http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2013/10/15/4839220/dudy-noble-field-expansion-renovation-a-recap-of-the-first-open-sessions-thoughts-kickoff

MzTerry
08-12-2014, 12:15 PM
I heard LFL will remain but with some modifications for safety and such. Embrace a little change people- it's for the common good

definitely fine w/ modifications - that's 100 percent expected and necessary.

Bully13
08-12-2014, 12:27 PM

Your user name and posts suck

bulldogcountry1
08-12-2014, 12:31 PM

I don't have access to the LFL. I watch from the chairbacks. I consider it a great experience. Some people actually want to pay attention to the game.

Wade Garrett
08-12-2014, 12:56 PM
Just saw this on the twitters

Kendall Rogers ‏@KendallRogersPG 2m
.@HailStateBB will announce facility renovations/re-do at 3 PM. If figure I'm hearing is correct, would be unprecedented in college baseball

BeachDawg
08-12-2014, 01:03 PM
I'm just tired of seeing all the empty spots in LFL when its not a big game. I graduated 2 years ago. Me and my friends never missed a home game while we were in school. The problem is students have to get there as soon as the gates open just to get a spot in that measly right field corner. We would look around and half the trailers are empty. I would have given my left nut for one of the trailer spots. I'm not saying to take away trailer spots from people who only come to big games, but there has to be an area for students and general admission fans to gather in the outfield besides a tiny deck in the corner. Especialy when you can't drink in the grandstands.

Dawg61
08-12-2014, 01:11 PM

.@HailStateBB will announce facility renovations/re-do at 3 PM. If figure I'm hearing is correct, would be unprecedented in college baseball

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130210045301/vampirediaries/images/6/64/Mike.gif

DudyDawg
08-12-2014, 01:15 PM
I hope that the only changes to the lounge are basically safety measures and not a full reboot

CadaverDawg
08-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Gentlemen, prepare yourselves, this will be a historic day when these plans are released

Todd4State
08-12-2014, 01:19 PM
IT is coming.

And IT will be good.

MsStateBaseball
08-12-2014, 01:35 PM
I am telling you, with all these highly recruiting players coming in, the atmosphere, the new stadium. Great things. Championship things. Direction changer.

Mjoelner34
08-12-2014, 01:43 PM
I'm just tired of seeing all the empty spots in LFL when its not a big game.

DING DING DING!!!!!!

You've hit on something that has bothered me for a while. I know people can't make every game but like this guys says, there are rigs out there that you see nobody on all season except for SBW and regional play. LFL is the best thing that ever happened to MSU baseball when it is packed out and rocking and it's the biggest eyesore and embarrassment when it isn't. One thing that I wish they would do is require that every spot in the lounge be responsible for purchasing 4 to 6 season tickets and have a minimum of 50% attendance on those tickets or you lose your spot the next year and have to get back in line to get another one. If there is indeed a 'waiting list' like we've been told all of these years then there are people chomping at the bit to get a spot out there so you would have no problem finding fans hungry to get a spot.

The arguments I'm tired of hearing are: 1: It's the best seat in the house and not everybody has access. Well, suite level in Davis Wade and center court at the Hump are the best seats in the house too and not everyone has access to those either. Do you still go to football and basketball games or do you cry about that too? 2: We have to get rid of those trailers because of liability issues. Bwhahhhhaaa!!!! MSU will have more liability issues to worry about with 30,000 drunks in the Junction for 8 hours on August 30th than all of baseball season. Plus a lot, if not all, rig owners out there carry their own insurance. Do you have insurance for when a drunk trips over your E-Z-UP and face plants into your grill at the Junction?

preachermatt83
08-12-2014, 01:48 PM

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Overly+Excited+and+Sweaty.+ohmygodohmygodohmygodoh mygodohmygod_9dbcb0_4561081.gif

preachermatt83
08-12-2014, 01:49 PM
just remember what strick said... "MSU deserves to have the greatest stadium in college baseball.. not great and not up there with the best but THE VERY BEST" From what im hearing he meant it!

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-12-2014, 01:50 PM
iT is coming. Yall just hold tight and everyone will be happy. Trust me.

preachermatt83
08-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Gentlemen, we are about to have to REALLY get off some pocketbooks.

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-12-2014, 01:54 PM
Gentlemen, we are about to have to REALLY get off some pocketbooks.

This guy again

preachermatt83
08-12-2014, 01:59 PM
This guy again

no man, I love it.. im just saying we can't be stingy here. we gotta support this fully especially financially. Think you misread what I was saying.

YoungB
08-12-2014, 02:01 PM
Quick and Dirty Comparisons

Stadium_____________ Built_________Cost___Capacity
New Nashville AAA_____2014-2015____37M___8.5-10k
Alabama_____________ 2013-2014____35M___7 - 8K?
Alex Box_____________2009________37.8M___10.3k
South Carolina________2007-2009___35.6M___8.2k

mparkerfd20
08-12-2014, 02:02 PM
Hype... lots a lots of hype. Real knowledge of what all is coming by those hyping in this thread? 0... Just sitting back and waiting.

TheRef
08-12-2014, 02:10 PM
Stricklin will be on Head 2 Head at 3:00 PM....you know that we all need to listen to that.

Maroons
08-12-2014, 02:10 PM
Hype... lots a lots of hype. Real knowledge of what all is coming by those hyping in this thread? 0... Just sitting back and waiting.

You are wrong. I know people who have seen the video.

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2014, 02:14 PM
IT is coming.

And IT will be good.

You're stealing my line.

bulldogcountry1
08-12-2014, 02:18 PM
Are we going to be able to watch/listen at 3:15? I don't see any official announcement

Political Hack
08-12-2014, 02:18 PM
DING DING DING!!!!!!

You've hit on something that has bothered me for a while. I know people can't make every game but like this guys says, there are rigs out there that you see nobody on all season except for SBW and regional play. LFL is the best thing that ever happened to MSU baseball when it is packed out and rocking and it's the biggest eyesore and embarrassment when it isn't. One thing that I wish they would do is require that every spot in the lounge be responsible for purchasing 4 to 6 season tickets and have a minimum of 50% attendance on those tickets or you lose your spot the next year and have to get back in line to get another one. If there is indeed a 'waiting list' like we've been told all of these years then there are people chomping at the bit to get a spot out there so you would have no problem finding fans hungry to get a spot.

The arguments I'm tired of hearing are: 1: It's the best seat in the house and not everybody has access. Well, suite level in Davis Wade and center court at the Hump are the best seats in the house too and not everyone has access to those either. Do you still go to football and basketball games or do you cry about that too? 2: We have to get rid of those trailers because of liability issues. Bwhahhhhaaa!!!! MSU will have more liability issues to worry about with 30,000 drunks in the Junction for 8 hours on August 30th than all of baseball season. Plus a lot, if not all, rig owners out there carry their own insurance. Do you have insurance for when a drunk trips over your E-Z-UP and face plants into your grill at the Junction?

so you'd trade empty rigs for empty seats? I don't see the difference.

jumbo
08-12-2014, 02:21 PM
can you listen to H2H online?

trob115
08-12-2014, 02:23 PM
I have seen the drafts. It's nicer than any minor league park out there. It's absolutely phenomenal!

PassInterference
08-12-2014, 02:23 PM

Tune In app.

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2014, 02:24 PM

Yes

http://www.supertalk.fm/shows/head-to-head/

Mjoelner34
08-12-2014, 02:24 PM
so you'd trade empty rigs for empty seats? I don't see the difference.

No. What I was trying to get at was basically that it makes no sense for there to be unused (or very seldom used) rigs out there if there is a waiting list of people wanting spots. Use the tickets and attendance to reward good spot holders by letting them keep their spot and punish those who park rigs and never come by shipping them out and giving the next guy on the waiting list a chance.

Political Hack
08-12-2014, 02:27 PM
No. What I was trying to get at was basically that it makes no sense for there to be unused (or very seldom used) rigs out there if there is a waiting list of people wanting spots. Use the tickets and attendance to reward good spot holders by letting them keep their spot and punish those who park rigs and never come by shipping them out and giving the next guy on the waiting list a chance.

I agree those blocks should be "resold unless present" for individual games. Not sure how to do that since the rigs are privately owned and many of them have locked areas, etc... but it would be nice to see some sort of exchange when they're available.

bulldogcountry1
08-12-2014, 02:28 PM
While it doesn't dampen my excitement, making an announcement this way is pretty curious. It seems like the proper way to do this would be to schedule a reveal party of sorts. I bet this is just an announcement of the announcement.

trob115
08-12-2014, 02:29 PM
You LFL'ers will be pleased.

Homedawg
08-12-2014, 02:29 PM

You going to punish the guy who buys football seats and doesn't use them too? I get it, empty seats suck. But paid for empty seats are way better than nothing.the percentage of rigs w people in then is way higher than the grandstands. I have seats in both places. The price of the lounge is too cheap. And yes I sit there. I said it, it's too cheap. It's going up I'm aware of that and it should. By a tremendous percentage if you ask me.

MsStateBaseball
08-12-2014, 02:36 PM
It's going to look like Memphis Redbirds stadium.

dickiedawg
08-12-2014, 02:39 PM
While it doesn't dampen my excitement, making an announcement this way is pretty curious. It seems like the proper way to do this would be to schedule a reveal party of sorts. I bet this is just an announcement of the announcement.

I was also thinking this. They should have scheduled this Thursday so the SECN could cover it. All the eyeballs on Day 1 of SECN? Huge.

Mjoelner34
08-12-2014, 03:03 PM
You going to punish the guy who buys football seats and doesn't use them too? I get it, empty seats suck. But paid for empty seats are way better than nothing.the percentage of rigs w people in then is way higher than the grandstands. I have seats in both places. The price of the lounge is too cheap. And yes I sit there. I said it, it's too cheap. It's going up I'm aware of that and it should. By a tremendous percentage if you ask me.

How many tickets are those people on the empty rigs buying? I'm guessing none so the empty seats on those rigs aren't paid empty seats like in football. I also kind of doubt that too many people buy season tickets and come to only one weekend series or none at all. I sit in the lounge too and agree with you that it's too cheap. It should be considered premium seating. And yes, while the percentage of rigs with people that use them is higher than that of those that use their grandstand tickets, it still doesn't change the fact that there are rigs that are never used and there is a waiting list for people who would use those spots. The problem with cleaning up the lounge is the same as those 'lifetime' chairbacks in the grandstands.