PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Insider Article on their power 25 rankings

starkvegasdawg
08-12-2014, 06:53 AM
I don't have an insider account so I can't read it but in the article preview section Travis said that the writers who compiled this list had some real misses in there. I assume MSU made the list as the photo link to the article was of the Dak Knight.

I know some of us say, and rightly so, that we don't deserve respect yet because we haven't beaten anyone in years past. However, the fact that we are starting to get some, albeit slowly, in the lead up to this season means more and more national people are taking notice of what Mullen and Co. are doing down here. It almost seems like they are waiting to jump on the MSU bandwagon and hitch along for the ride. I bet if we roll into Death Valley and slap the Tigers around we will see a huge explosion of love from the national guys. We could become the vogue team to pull for in 2014.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/travis-haney/post?id=3098

TexasDawg
08-12-2014, 06:56 AM
Here's what he says about us:

Mississippi State Bulldogs

If there’s a quietly confident team in the SEC, it’s this one. Coach Dan Mullen told me last summer that there would be only six seniors playing significant snaps; this year, he told me the Bulldogs return 30 players who have a start to their credit.

“We have an experienced football team,” he said.

It has come together rapidly. The offensive leader, QB Dak Prescott, was a backup entering 2013. Linebacker Benardrick McKinney, the defense’s captain, was a first-year starter.

The Bulldogs were omitted from the panel’s top 25, but they are picking up some buzz as a potential surprise in the SEC West.

“I think our team has very high expectations for themselves, and they have since January,” Mullen said. “Seeing it out publicly, they’re like, 'whatever.' "

I doubt the Bulldogs win the division, but they will at least shape who does. Then again, I said the same thing last summer about Auburn. Maybe Mullen can borrow Gus’ horseshoe.

dickiedawg
08-12-2014, 07:23 AM
There is NO WAY this football team is not one of the 25 best in the country. So at this point it doesn't matter much if we start there or not.

rabbitthedawg
08-12-2014, 08:51 AM
Leave it be! Win the first four games, then you'll see the Dawgs in the top 15 or so!

Reason2succeed
08-12-2014, 09:00 AM
Preseason articles are meant to sell subscriptions to the most desperate and delusional fanbases and to set up potential story lines for the rest of the season. They like State as a dark horse. It will make for a better story later. Meanwhile they can also write about the collapse of umiss and how Freeze has squandered so much talent.

BulldogBear
08-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Leave it be! Win the first four games, then you'll see the Dawgs in the top 15 or so!

yes, I like being as under the radar as possible