PDA

View Full Version : Braves

msstate7
08-11-2014, 08:59 PM
Gattis needs to be shut down ASAP. Bethancourt gives us a better chance to win bc neither can hit, but Christian is a great catcher.

Fredi, wtf?!!!! Lastella goes down so you put in Pena?!!! Why did we call up gosselin? Pena sub in to ss and moving bonafacio to 2b results in 2 blown dps resulting in 3 runs. Nice job, coach

Doumit needs to be cut ASAP. He's dead weight.

Why did we send Shreve down?

I'm sick...

/rant

trob115
08-11-2014, 09:02 PM
#firefredi

msstate7
08-11-2014, 09:06 PM
#firefredi

I'm fine with this.

I'm going to atlanta this Saturday with my son to witness the a's rape us in person. Can't even get excited...

cbrunt29
08-11-2014, 09:14 PM
It's like he keeps giving these guys chance after chance and they continue to suck ass but he puts them in there anyway. Pena, Gattis, Doumit, ect. This next week is gonna absolutely kill us. Wild Card is our only shot at playoffs and even that is looking slim.

msstate7
08-11-2014, 09:18 PM
It's like he keeps giving these guys chance after chance and they continue to suck ass but he puts them in there anyway. Pena, Gattis, Doumit, ect. This next week is gonna absolutely kill us. Wild Card is our only shot at playoffs and even that is looking slim.

After tonight we'll be 6-14 since gattis came back. It's certainly not all gattis' fault, but he's a big part of it IMO

msstate7
08-11-2014, 09:25 PM
Maybe that double will get gattis going

KB21
08-11-2014, 09:31 PM
Shutting Gattis down is a knee jerk reaction right now. This guy is a big time hitter who is in a slump right now since coming off his back injury. He will get himself righted and be the dangerous hitter he has been to this point.

This team is simply not a very good hitting team right now. They are too reliant upon the home run to score runs, and they are not getting on base. BJ Upton is a sunk cost for this team right now, and they keep hitting him at the top of the order.

This is just not a very good team right now, and they need to shake things up. My hope is that a losing season gets Fredi dismissed if it comes to it, but I somehow doubt that happens. Since he has been with the Braves, Fredi has won more games than any other manager in the league, and he was just voted by his peers as the 3rd best manager in the NL. I think that is bunk, but the league has a higher opinion of him than I do.

The problem is this. If you replace Fredi, the pool you have to choose from are likely managers who will make the same mistakes he makes.

Simply put, the Braves have been very unlucky in many ways, with BJ Upton going from being a 3 WAR player to a negative WAR player, and their best hitter going out with a back injury and getting rushed back.

msstate7
08-11-2014, 09:43 PM
Shutting Gattis down is a knee jerk reaction right now. This guy is a big time hitter who is in a slump right now since coming off his back injury. He will get himself righted and be the dangerous hitter he has been to this point.

This team is simply not a very good hitting team right now. They are too reliant upon the home run to score runs, and they are not getting on base. BJ Upton is a sunk cost for this team right now, and they keep hitting him at the top of the order.

This is just not a very good team right now, and they need to shake things up. My hope is that a losing season gets Fredi dismissed if it comes to it, but I somehow doubt that happens. Since he has been with the Braves, Fredi has won more games than any other manager in the league, and he was just voted by his peers as the 3rd best manager in the NL. I think that is bunk, but the league has a higher opinion of him than I do.

The problem is this. If you replace Fredi, the pool you have to choose from are likely managers who will make the same mistakes he makes.

Simply put, the Braves have been very unlucky in many ways, with BJ Upton going from being a 3 WAR player to a negative WAR player, and their best hitter going out with a back injury and getting rushed back.

I doubt seriously fredi gets fired, but walker is on the clock IMO. I'm perfectly fine with him being axed

War Machine Dawg
08-11-2014, 09:58 PM

Finally, someone with some sense in his head. Gattis has proven he can hit. He's in a slump. And acting like he sucks on D is insane. He may not be as good as Bethancourt on D, but there are maybe 3 catchers in baseball on Bethancourt's level defensively. Considering how badly this team needs offense, you let Gattis play his way out of it like we did with FF.

BJ is done and we can't find anyone to take him off our hands. Maybe we can make a deal this winter. You also gotta remember that we lost our top 2 pitchers before the season ever started and Minor hasn't been himself this year. Honestly, it's a miracle we're even in the playoff race.

Bottom line, Fredi is a good manager. Not great, but not awful. He's trying to make chicken salad from chicken shit. So far as I'm concerned, the guy who needs the ax doesn't wear a uniform and goes by the name Frank Wren. He's a terrible GM.

War Machine Dawg
08-11-2014, 10:03 PM
I doubt seriously fredi gets fired, but walker is on the clock IMO. I'm perfectly fine with him being axed

I've got no problem with Walker. He's been a damn good hitting coach everywhere he's been. There's no one on the planet that can fix Uggla or BJ, so I don't put those guys on him. FF, J-Up, Chris Johnson, LaStella, and Gattis are all pretty solid hitters. J-Hey is streaky and always has been. Andrelton is improving. Walker is trying to get him to make more contact and hit for more average but less power.

msstate7
08-11-2014, 10:06 PM
Gattis is a great hitter, but gattis has a screwed up back. Hopefully he starts hitting again, but right now we have the same bat as bethancourt without the tremendous defense.

I love gattis, but gattis isn't right

KB21
08-11-2014, 10:22 PM
Finally, someone with some sense in his head. Gattis has proven he can hit. He's in a slump. And acting like he sucks on D is insane. He may not be as good as Bethancourt on D, but there are maybe 3 catchers in baseball on Bethancourt's level defensively. Considering how badly this team needs offense, you let Gattis play his way out of it like we did with FF.

BJ is done and we can't find anyone to take him off our hands. Maybe we can make a deal this winter. You also gotta remember that we lost our top 2 pitchers before the season ever started and Minor hasn't been himself this year. Honestly, it's a miracle we're even in the playoff race.

Bottom line, Fredi is a good manager. Not great, but not awful. He's trying to make chicken salad from chicken shit. So far as I'm concerned, the guy who needs the ax doesn't wear a uniform and goes by the name Frank Wren. He's a terrible GM.

Evan Gattis is currently sitting at 5.2 DRS on the year. He's 17th among catchers in all baseball in DRS when you put the innings limit at 450 innings. His 2.6 WAR ties him for 6th in MLB among catchers with Yadier Molina. This is not the guy you try to replace in the line up right now.

dawgs
08-11-2014, 10:34 PM

People have been saying this about the braves lineup since last year. But hey, the division is there's to lose! Amiright?

Also, bj upton has been trending this direction for several years. He's escalated his deterioration (especially with his defensive metrics going downhill), but the ball was rolling long before he was a brave.

msstate7
08-11-2014, 10:36 PM
Evan Gattis is currently sitting at 5.2 DRS on the year. He's 17th among catchers in all baseball in DRS when you put the innings limit at 450 innings. His 2.6 WAR ties him for 6th in MLB among catchers with Yadier Molina. This is not the guy you try to replace in the line up right now.

What's his WAR pre- and post-injury?

msstate7
08-11-2014, 10:43 PM

Offense is the problem right? Then why hasn't fredi given gosselin playing time? Goss was hitting around .340 at aaa. Fredi is way too loyal to players that aren't producing. What would it hurt to sit cj one night and play gosselin? Why not put gosselin at 2b tonight when lastella got taken out?

Oh and on the 6-14 record since gattis returned, 3 of the wins were when laird started.

KB21
08-11-2014, 10:55 PM
Offense is the problem right? Then why hasn't fredi given gosselin playing time? Goss was hitting around .340 at aaa. Fredi is way too loyal to players that aren't producing. What would it hurt to sit cj one night and play gosselin? Why not put gosselin at 2b tonight when lastella got taken out?

Oh and on the 6-14 record since gattis returned, 3 of the wins were when laird started.

This is like trying to correlate the run the Braves had a month ago when they won 10 in a row to BJ Upton leading off. I said then that no decision should be made based on someone being on a hot streak or on a cold streak. You make decisions on players based on what they are on a consistent basis. I told you then that BJ would have to go cold for a long time before Fredi moves him out of that lead off spot. Over his last 28 days, BJ has a .279 OBP, which is in line with what he has been since he has been in Atlanta. What we have here is a guy who has never been a good on base guy but at least he had some power previously. IMO, he's lost his ability to hit a good fastball. I think he has had a loss in talent, and what we have been getting from him on a consistent basis is unfortunately what he is. I've said ever since he has been brought up, Tommy La Stella should be leading off for this team. He's the best on this team at getting on base. Either he or Jason Heyward need to be leading off.

War Machine Dawg
08-11-2014, 10:55 PM

You are wayyyy overreacting, boss. Get a grip. Sit CJ? Are you insane? In the last 30 days, he's hitting .286, 5 HR, 20 RBI, 11 R, and an .821 OPS. You don't take that guy out of the lineup.

As for tonight, I understand your frustration about not putting in Gosselin. But Pena is better defensively. It would've been nice to see Gosselin get a shot, but he hasn't really done much since his call-up. I don't have a big problem going to Pena there.

msstate7
08-11-2014, 10:57 PM
People have been saying this about the braves lineup since last year. But hey, the division is there's to lose! Amiright?

Also, bj upton has been trending this direction for several years. He's escalated his deterioration (especially with his defensive metrics going downhill), but the ball was rolling long before he was a brave.

If minor comes out and bombs again tomorrow, congrats you guys win the east. I'm not saying we have to win tomorrow, but minor has to turn it around now for us to stay in this.

msstate7
08-11-2014, 11:05 PM
You are wayyyy overreacting, boss. Get a grip. Sit CJ? Are you insane? In the last 30 days, he's hitting .286, 5 HR, 20 RBI, 11 R, and an .821 OPS. You don't take that guy out of the lineup.

As for tonight, I understand your frustration about not putting in Gosselin. But Pena is better defensively. It would've been nice to see Gosselin get a shot, but he hasn't really done much since his call-up. I don't have a big problem going to Pena there.

I didn't say sit cj for good. Cj murders lhp, but is very pedestrian against rhp. Give gosselin a shot against a rhp. If he hits well, give him a start in rf with jhey in cf. I just wanna see this kid get a shot.

Lastella hit .322 with .743 ops at aa
Gosselin hit .344 with .866 ops at aaa

Lastella has shown his game translates. Gosselin hasn't got a chance.

You telling me that in this train wreck of an offense we can't take a chance on gosselin with those stats?

If I could make out the lineup card tomorrow, this is what I'd do:

Lastella (2b)
Ff (1b)
Jup (lf)
Jhey (rf)
Gattis (c)
Bonafacio (cf)
Gosselin (3b)
Simmons/Pena*(ss)

*good chance Simmons is back tomorrow

CadaverDawg
08-12-2014, 12:05 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/376910_366890173411852_1834551951_n.jpg

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2014, 12:32 AM
I didn't say sit cj for good. Cj murders lhp, but is very pedestrian against rhp. Give gosselin a shot against a rhp. If he hits well, give him a start in rf with jhey in cf. I just wanna see this kid get a shot.

Lastella hit .322 with .743 ops at aa
Gosselin hit .344 with .866 ops at aaa

Lastella has shown his game translates. Gosselin hasn't got a chance.

You telling me that in this train wreck of an offense we can't take a chance on gosselin with those stats?

If I could make out the lineup card tomorrow, this is what I'd do:

Lastella (2b)
Ff (1b)
Jup (lf)
Jhey (rf)
Gattis (c)
Bonafacio (cf)
Gosselin (3b)
Simmons/Pena*(ss)

*good chance Simmons is back tomorrow

And aGAIN I ask, who do you sit to play Gosselin? CJ? He's been a very good hitter since coming to Atlanta and is scorching the last month. LaStella is locked in at 2B. Gosselin can't play SS. And we traded for Bonifacio because we think he's better than anyone else on our bench currently. Gosselin has also never played OF to my knowledge, so benching BJ is out. You can hate on Fredi all you want, but Gosselin just doesn't have a position to play right now.

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2014, 12:32 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/376910_366890173411852_1834551951_n.jpg

I laughed. Well done.

Dawg61
08-12-2014, 12:59 AM

Yea it's just the Nats media that's annoying.** Nats record vs the Braves the last 2 years is 10-22. That's a .313 winning %. 2-11 vs the Cards. 3-6 vs Dodgers. 4-7 vs the Pirates. Enjoy winning a bad NL East because it doesn't look like you'll be winning much more than that this year.

dawgs
08-12-2014, 02:44 AM
Yea it's just the Nats media that's annoying.** Nats record vs the Braves the last 2 years is 10-22. That's a .313 winning %. 2-11 vs the Cards. 3-6 vs Dodgers. 4-7 vs the Pirates. Enjoy winning a bad NL East because it doesn't look like you'll be winning much more than that this year.

Nats haven't had a real hot run yet. It'd be nice to get hot in September and be one of those teams that use that momentum to run thru the playoffs. Often it's not necessarily the best team over the course of the season, it's the team that gets hot in September/October, just make sure you get that far still in position to make noise when you get hot.

msstate7
08-12-2014, 07:10 AM
And aGAIN I ask, who do you sit to play Gosselin? CJ? He's been a very good hitter since coming to Atlanta and is scorching the last month. LaStella is locked in at 2B. Gosselin can't play SS. And we traded for Bonifacio because we think he's better than anyone else on our bench currently. Gosselin has also never played OF to my knowledge, so benching BJ is out. You can hate on Fredi all you want, but Gosselin just doesn't have a position to play right now.

Cj in last 10 games is hitting .200 (8-40) with 15 k's during this stretch. I think we'll survive if he doesn't start every game. Again cj murders lhp, but can't hit rhp this year. Give gosselin some of those AB's against rhp's.

I'm not as sold on cj as you are. While his avg (.271) is good his obp (.295) is terrible. In 443 ab's, cj has walked 14 times! (2 were intentional), struck out 120 times, and grounded into team leading 17 double plays. Against lhp, cj is hitting .432. Against rhp, he's hitting .232. When you factor in his complete lack of walks, he's a platoon player plain and simple. This isn't an ideal platoon bc gosselin is rh'ed too. Something has to be changed though.

Bj upton bb/k rate = 27%
Cj bb/k rate = 12%

Bj's k rate = 30.8%
Cj's k rate = 26%

So cj is striking out at 26% and grounding into the team leading amount of double plays. Cj is a rally killer

Dawg61
08-12-2014, 08:57 AM
Nats haven't had a real hot run yet. It'd be nice to get hot in September and be one of those teams that use that momentum to run thru the playoffs. Often it's not necessarily the best team over the course of the season, it's the team that gets hot in September/October, just make sure you get that far still in position to make noise when you get hot.

Yea I know I'm a Giants fan. Nationals have made the playoffs once. One time.

dawgs
08-12-2014, 09:19 AM
Yea I know I'm a Giants fan. Nationals have made the playoffs once. One time.

The nats are 1 for 2 in seasons they were expected to be worthwhile. Like in a few years when the cubs and Astros have all their kids up with a year or 2 of experience, what they did in 2014 won't matter when determining whether the cubs or Astros teams in 2018 are legitimate threats or not. Congrats on pointing out that essentially an expansion team sucked for the first 6 years of their existence.

Dawg61
08-12-2014, 10:37 AM
The nats are 1 for 2 in seasons they were expected to be worthwhile. Like in a few years when the cubs and Astros have all their kids up with a year or 2 of experience, what they did in 2014 won't matter when determining whether the cubs or Astros teams in 2018 are legitimate threats or not. Congrats on pointing out that essentially an expansion team sucked for the first 6 years of their existence.

Arizona Diamondbacks won a World Series in 2001. Their franchise started in 1998. Miami Marlins started in 1993. They've won two World Series.

msstate7
08-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Arizona Diamondbacks won a World Series in 2001. Their franchise started in 1998. Miami Marlins started in 1993. They've won two World Series.

And they were actual "expansion" teams. Last I checked, the Nats were the expos previously

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Cj in last 10 games is hitting .200 (8-40) with 15 k's during this stretch. I think we'll survive if he doesn't start every game. Again cj murders lhp, but can't hit rhp this year. Give gosselin some of those AB's against rhp's.

I'm not as sold on cj as you are. While his avg (.271) is good his obp (.295) is terrible. In 443 ab's, cj has walked 14 times! (2 were intentional), struck out 120 times, and grounded into team leading 17 double plays. Against lhp, cj is hitting .432. Against rhp, he's hitting .232. When you factor in his complete lack of walks, he's a platoon player plain and simple. This isn't an ideal platoon bc gosselin is rh'ed too. Something has to be changed though.

Bj upton bb/k rate = 27%
Cj bb/k rate = 12%

Bj's k rate = 30.8%
Cj's k rate = 26%

So cj is striking out at 26% and grounding into the team leading amount of double plays. Cj is a rally killer

The RH/LH split for CJ is misleading and you know it. I actually looked it up at baseball reference last night. A) CJ is hitting .241, not .232, against righties. (As of this morning, .238) B) CJ has 380 PAs vs RHP and only 82 PAs vs LHP. Talk about a disproportionate number. C) 10 games, oh my!!! He's really cold**** That's not even 1/10 of a season stretch you're bitching about.

Seriously, you really need to calm down and stop watching every night. You're wayyyy too emotional about this right now. Baseball is a LONG damn season. Every player not named Miggy Cabrera or Trout generally goes through ups and downs. And Miggy has even had some slumps this season. He's in the middle of one right now, actually. (I'd know, he's one of the keepers on my fantasy team) Take a break, kick your dog, do something - anything - else. Your constant overreaction has gotten old.

dawgs
08-12-2014, 12:05 PM

ridiculous free agent signings -> WS -> fire sale was a reliable method for winning because 30something year old players could be relied on to produce thru the life of the contract. However in the post-steroid era, you can't build a team solely thru free agency anymore because 30something year old players are far more unreliable without steroids. Also, the nats are trying to build a franchise in the mold of the cardinals, Red Sox, and, yes, the braves, with a consistently strong farm system built for long term winning instead of putting all their eggs into a 2-3 year window before having to completely rebuild. Also, the marlins and dbacks had expansion drafts. The nats didn't have such luxury and had to play with the hand the expos dealt them. Also, playing in an outdated non-baseball stadium (RFK) for the 1st 3 seasons pretty much kept the franchise from ever hoping to attract winning talent thru free agency (yeah they had soriano for a year, but 1 player ain't making a winner and was there just to have a player to market around).

There's really nothing more annoying than fans being dismissive of a team/program/franchise because they haven't won before or recently. Y'all seriously sound like the same people y'all bitch about when they dismiss msu because we haven't gone to BCS bowls or won 10+ games.

msstate7
08-12-2014, 12:10 PM
The RH/LH split for CJ is misleading and you know it. I actually looked it up at baseball reference last night. A) CJ is hitting .241, not .232, against righties. (As of this morning, .238) B) CJ has 380 PAs vs RHP and only 82 PAs vs LHP. Talk about a disproportionate number. C) 10 games, oh my!!! He's really cold**** That's not even 1/10 of a season stretch you're bitching about.

Seriously, you really need to calm down and stop watching every night. You're wayyyy too emotional about this right now. Baseball is a LONG damn season. Every player not named Miggy Cabrera or Trout generally goes through ups and downs. And Miggy has even had some slumps this season. He's in the middle of one right now, actually. (I'd know, he's one of the keepers on my fantasy team) Take a break, kick your dog, do something - anything - else. Your constant overreaction has gotten old.

So is his k rate that is very close to bj misleading? How bout his .295 obp? Cj's obp % is .017 better than bj's (.278). How come bj is just awful, but cj is above reproach? Bj's offensive war is -0.9. Cj's is -1.1

http://m.bbref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXjXXjohnsch05-bat.shtml&t=all_value_batting

Dawg61
08-12-2014, 12:19 PM
There's really nothing more annoying than fans being dismissive of a team/program/franchise because they haven't won before or recently. Y'all seriously sound like the same people y'all bitch about when they dismiss msu because we haven't gone to BCS bowls or won 10+ games.

You don't see me hating on any of the other 29 teams in MLB. Ask yourself why that is.

dawgs
08-12-2014, 12:25 PM
You don't see me hating on any of the other 29 teams in MLB. Ask yourself why that is.

Hating a local color commentator is a pretty petty and ridiculous reason to project your hate on a whole team. I've asked you many many times to give me any quotes from the players, or even the front office that are clearly over the top and you haven't. And saying you still feel like your the better team after you lost isn't being cocky, it's saying you know you can play better and you need to do it.

Dawg61
08-12-2014, 12:32 PM
You aren't helping. It isn't just FP Santangelo. I guess it started right around the time "Natitude" was unleashed on the world. Ever since then your fan base thinks they became the Yankees. Yankees fans aren't as loud and cocky as Nats fans. That's saying something.

KB21
08-12-2014, 12:36 PM
So is his k rate that is very close to bj misleading? How bout his .295 obp? Cj's obp % is .017 better than bj's (.278). How come bj is just awful, but cj is above reproach? Bj's offensive war is -0.9. Cj's is -1.1

CJ is also an insanely poor defender at third base. My hope is that Kyle Kubitza comes to spring training next year and knocks him out of a job.

dawgs
08-12-2014, 12:39 PM
You aren't helping. It isn't just FP Santangelo. I guess it started right around the time "Natitude" was unleashed on the world. Ever since then your fan base thinks they became the Yankees. Yankees fans aren't as loud and cocky as Nats fans. That's saying something.

Examples? I have never said the nats would dominate the nl east or that the division was their's to lose like the braves fans. I've pointed out the braves holes and said the nats are more than capable of winning the division and it not being a letdown for the braves because the nats have just as much if not more talent and probably less holes. Of that's being loud and arrogant, then you haven't experienced loud and arrogant.

Also, I have seen any nats fans anywhere being overly loud and arrogant. At least no more so than EVERY OTHER FANBASE, especially the pseudo braves contingent in the south that's never actually been to a braves game. Braves fans are like Bama fans. They are loud and obnoxious and likely to have never stepped on campus.

And giants fans are as obnoxious as any. How many giants/dodgers fan fights are we gonna hear about? I was in SF for the 2012 WS and hung out around the stadium before the games and watched the games in bars. I was there.

The #natitude thing was a marketing gimmick and no nats fan thought it was clever until we saw how much it trolled every other fanbase. Y'all took it hook, line, and sinker and turned that dumb phrase into so much more than it ever would've been otherwise. Blame yourselves there.

trob115
08-12-2014, 12:45 PM
IMO, bonifcacio is a true leadoff guy , not LaStella. I love having LaStella in the 2 spot and having a true contact/slap hitter at the top. That brings a whole different dimension to the lineup.

Bonifcacio Cf
LaStella 2B
Freeman 1B
JUP Lf
Heyward Rf
Gattis C
Johnson/gosslin 3b
Simmons SS

Dawg61
08-12-2014, 12:51 PM
I am glad that you stick up for your team. Hopefully my Giants can get their heads outta their asses here real soon and we can meet you in the playoffs. Not looking good though. I think the two wild cards are coming out of the central this year.

msstate7
08-12-2014, 12:52 PM
War... You are exactly right about me needing to quit watching daily though. I need the 12 steps I think. I'm entirely too passionate over my braves. Haha

msstate7
08-12-2014, 12:54 PM
I am glad that you stick up for your team. Hopefully my Giants can get their heads outta their asses here real soon and we can meet you in the playoffs. Not looking good though. I think the two wild cards are coming out of the central this year.

I think giants and cards. Braves at home if I had to bet

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2014, 02:06 PM

War... You are exactly right about me needing to quit watching daily though. I need the 12 steps I think. I'm entirely too passionate over my braves. Haha

If you're bitching about strikeouts, you might as well bitch about everyone on the team not named LaStella and Simmons. Everyone in this lineup strikes out like a champ.

Haha, it's no biggie. I feel your frustration too. It helps me that it's Shark Week on Discovery, so I pretty much can lose the remote for the week. Plus, I get to come here and talk football, which helps tremendously. You also gotta consider I never really thought we'd contend after losing both Medlen & Beachy. Us staying in contention this long has been gravy, so far as I'm concerned.

What we need is a new GM with the balls to do some serious reconfiguration of the lineup in the offseason. If it were me, I'd ditch CJ & BJ. Go find a leadoff hitter in CF and get a 3B who can rake. I'd give Gosselin a shot at 3B in spring training, too. Also need to make a run at at least one #2 quality starter in the offseason. Teheran is legit as our ace, but I'd feel better with someone behind him that isn't coming off a 2nd TJ surgery (Medlen & Beachy) or is inconsistent (Minor & Santana). Fat chance of that, though. We're stuck with that ***** Frank Wren.

trob115
08-12-2014, 03:09 PM
Great read for braves fans.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=sweetspot&id=50446&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2F4HL bty0YwE%22%7D

msstate7
08-12-2014, 06:03 PM
I can't help but watch. Please be the mike minor and gattis turnaround game.

msstate7
08-12-2014, 09:00 PM
Really nice game for minor. Hopefully he's back.

Another terrible game for gattis. K'd on an 89-mph fastball belt high. Anyone who has seen gattis right knows he doesn't miss them. Oh and he couldn't keep ball in front of em with 2-outs and guy on 3rd in 9th. Coincidence that our pen has really fell apart since his return? I would think it'd be hard to trust gattis and throw ball in dirt going for k

msstate7
08-12-2014, 09:13 PM
Call it knee jerk or whatever you want, but gattis is not healthy. An unhealthy gattis doesn't help this team. Gattis is hitting under .200 with 0 hr's since coming off dl almost a month ago. It's time to put em on dl and bring back bethancourt. 6-15 since gattis return (3 wins were with laird starting)

Gosselin deserves a shot at 3b

cbrunt29
08-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Bring back Uggla and Schafer.***

msstate7
08-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Bring back Uggla and Schafer.***

I don't want Schafer back, but he's hitting over .300 for twins with 6 (I think) sb's

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Call it knee jerk or whatever you want, but gattis is not healthy. An unhealthy gattis doesn't help this team. Gattis is hitting under .200 with 0 hr's since coming off dl almost a month ago. It's time to put em on dl and bring back bethancourt. 6-15 since gattis return (3 wins were with laird starting)

Gosselin deserves a shot at 3b

If Gattis isn't healthy, I've got to agree. K-ing on a 89 MPH fastball definitely makes you wonder, at the very least. Still hoping it's just a slump and he comes out of it soon.

I'd be ok with Gosselin getting a shot, but it's hard to bench CJ while he's on a tear. We definitely need Simba back at SS ASAP so we can put Bonifacio in CF/LF.

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2014, 09:47 PM
I don't want Schafer back, but he's hitting over .300 for twins with 6 (I think) sb's

I'm still a Schafer fan, and as much as it sucks, I think it was best we went our separate ways. For whatever reason, it just wouldn't work out for him in Atlanta. He comes up, HRs in his 1st AB, then gets hurt and isn't right. Traded to the 'Stros. Comes back to ATL, works hard to change his swing, gets on a big roll at the plate essentially overtaking BJ, then gets hurt aGAIN. Never got going after the injury for some reason. Now he's killing it with Minnesota. I'm rooting for him, but he just seemed to have the shittiest luck in a Braves uni.

msstate7
08-12-2014, 09:49 PM
I'm still a Schafer fan, and as much as it sucks, I think it was best we went our separate ways. For whatever reason, it just wouldn't work out for him in Atlanta. He comes up, HRs in his 1st AB, then gets hurt and isn't right. Traded to the 'Stros. Comes back to ATL, works hard to change his swing, gets on a big roll at the plate essentially overtaking BJ, then gets hurt aGAIN. Never got going after the injury for some reason. Now he's killing it with Minnesota. I'm rooting for him, but he just seemed to have the shittiest luck in a Braves uni.

I'm pulling for him too.

msstate7
08-12-2014, 09:51 PM

You know that description kinda, sorta matches jhey too esp part about bad luck with injuries

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2014, 10:03 PM
You know that description kinda, sorta matches jhey too esp part about bad luck with injuries

Indeed. Everyone hates it when I say it, but J-Hey's career path to date is eerily similar to Francouer's. J-Hey's great on D, but pretty average offensively outside of having big power. Tell me that doesn't describe Francouer, too. I'd be fine if we moved J-Hey for a couple of pieces, to be totally honest. Outside of Mac, the Braves have had terrible luck with hometown players once they get to The Show.

Dawg61
08-13-2014, 01:33 AM
Hey dawgs I don't hate Michael Taylor. Super impressed with his postgame interview after playing in his first game and hitting his first homerun. Very humble. He looks like he's going to be a great one for y'all.