PDA

View Full Version : Huge Freeze is the only SEC HC that didn't play college football.

Pokerdawg44
08-10-2014, 10:06 PM
only one to have coached womens bball too. No wonder he has to copy other coaches.

They're 3 SEC coaches that are former SEC players and all 3 coach another team. Malzaun played for Ark coaches Aub. Muschamp played for UGA coaches FL. Spurrier played at UF and coaches USCe.

Stoops and Bielema played at Iowa. Les Miles was a OLineman at Michigan. Sumlin was a LBer at Purdue. Interesting bc hes known as an offensive guru. Richt was a qb at Miami.
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-head-coaches-as-college-players/

SDDawg
08-10-2014, 10:08 PM
I can't wait to hear OMers explain this one away... :)

JDog13
08-10-2014, 10:11 PM
I heard he lettered in badminton.

msstate7
08-10-2014, 10:12 PM
I can't stand freeze, but I think this should be a major compliment to him. The guy did the impossible. Still hate em...

SDDawg
08-10-2014, 10:18 PM
I can't stand freeze, but I think this should be a major compliment to him. The guy did the impossible. Still hate em...

It's how he did it that I have a problem with, there's simply not a polite way for me to talk about how he's used kids to get ahead....

BeardoMSU
08-10-2014, 10:29 PM
Who needs experience when you've got the Lord****

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fa/Snake-handling-lejunior-pentecostal-ky2.gif

starkvegasdawg
08-11-2014, 12:14 AM

He couldn't find a mouthpiece that fit.

DragonDawgZ
08-11-2014, 12:35 AM
did he not play at USM, was a backup QB behind favre if im not mistaken***********

RougeDawg
08-11-2014, 12:43 AM
He couldn't find a mouthpiece that fit.

Holy shit.... This is a great one to end the evening and weekend on...

RougeDawg
08-11-2014, 12:56 AM

Wait, so because he happened to be the coach of one Michael Oher and was a package deal to OM, he should be complimented?? No. Had the Touhy's not been OM football motivated and adopted a 6+ft 300 lb lineman after he was named the #5 offensive lineman prospect in the country, Freeze would still be drawing up inbound screen plays at Briarcrest. Why didn't the loving Touhy's adopt a 5'6" inner city kid and push him to attend OM?? Since they are such loving people, why haven't they adopted any others? Freeze didn't do a GD thing and has used players along with smoke and mirrors to get where he is today. What a f*cking crock of shit that entire story is. If Oher would have been a short skinny kid the Touhy's wouldn't have even given him $5 to get a McDonalds value meal.

I'm not sure who has used kids more in the OM family, The "loving" Touhy's or Freeze.

Pokerdawg44
08-11-2014, 01:11 AM
did he not play at USM, was a backup QB behind favre if im not mistaken

Negative, I think he played baseball at usm. Definitely wasn't Favre's back up.

RougeDawg
08-11-2014, 01:14 AM

Eyes upon you.... Unless you forgot these **.

BossDawg
08-11-2014, 02:14 AM
What a f*cking crock of shit that entire story is. If Oher would have been a short skinny kid the Touhy's wouldn't have even given him $5 to get a McDonalds value meal.

It's scary that we have so many gullible people in this country. It really is.

BiscuitEater
08-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Negative, I think he played baseball at usm. Definitely wasn't Favre's back up.

Bucky lettered in missionary work. From his bio on the OM site ...

It was while attending USM that he became active in mission projects, serving as a missionary in Houston, Salt Lake City, St. Petersburg, Russia and Australia. Freeze also served as the state president for the Mississippi Baptist Student Union.

Dog316
08-12-2014, 07:25 AM
You don't need a lot of experience if you have a lot of cash, a lot of lawyers, and a lot of PR folks.

Political Hack
08-12-2014, 08:01 AM
Why didn't they adopt Oher's 26*** brothers and sisters?

BulldogBear
08-12-2014, 09:15 AM

Oh, they'll find a way. At least in their own minds. Similar to how the least important statistic to them in showing how superior they are to us is ACTUAL ON FIELD RESULTS.

Bubb Rubb
08-12-2014, 09:23 AM

Nice try. He didn't play football.

BulldogBear
08-12-2014, 09:25 AM
Seriously,

I'm reminded of a quote from the Civil War movie, either "Gods and Generals" or "Gettysburg" where Joshua Chamberlain says about the purpose of an army. "It's entire purpose is to coerce others." You've got the philosophical side (coerce others to leave you alone-IOW defense, coerce others to abandon their land so you can take it, whatever, etc.) and the logistical (supply, command, finance, equipment, finance, etc) but the purpose is to win wars.

Similarly, recruiting, articles, hype, fan support, marketing, branding, logistics, facilities, etc. all has one purpose...to win games. I love seeing the Ole Miss folk pick one or more of these "support" facets and act like that's what it's really all about. In the end, all that is kind of chrome, what you're looking for is a W. They don't freaking get that I guess.

Bubb Rubb
08-12-2014, 09:30 AM
Wait, so because he happened to be the coach of one Michael Oher and was a package deal to OM, he should be complimented?? No. Had the Touhy's not been OM football motivated and adopted a 6+ft 300 lb lineman after he was named the #5 offensive lineman prospect in the country, Freeze would still be drawing up inbound screen plays at Briarcrest. Why didn't the loving Touhy's adopt a 5'6" inner city kid and push him to attend OM?? Since they are such loving people, why haven't they adopted any others? Freeze didn't do a GD thing and has used players along with smoke and mirrors to get where he is today. What a f*cking crock of shit that entire story is. If Oher would have been a short skinny kid the Touhy's wouldn't have even given him $5 to get a McDonalds value meal.

I'm not sure who has used kids more in the OM family, The "loving" Touhy's or Freeze.

The Oher story is a great story, if you believe the narrative. I do give the Touhys credit for giving the kid a life that he otherwise never would have gotten. But they knew what they were doing, no doubt. If they truly had a heart for inner city kids like that, they would've adopted more of them. If Michael Oher didn't play football, he would've never been on their radar.

One thing about The Blind Side that I thought was fairly accurate: They made the Hugh Freeze-like character look like a total boob. Very authentic portrayal.