PDA

View Full Version : Y'all HAVE to see this last post from OleMissGuy! Priceless!

blacklistedbully
08-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by OleMissGuy:

No one wants to keep Ole Miss for racist reasons. That is ridiculous.

Take it to the Ole Mizzou board.

1966? 1966? You gotta be kidding me. My local public school had black students before 1966. Your university remained all white.

What made you guys hold out like that so long?

My response:

You already know, OleMissGuy, and are just trying to derail this thread. As an Engineering and Ag school we did not receive applications until 1965, and we admitted that gentleman, Richard Holmes. Some quotes from Dr. Holmes, for whom the Holmes Cultural Diversity Center on campus was named after:

"There were no catcalls, no racial slurs," recalls Holmes, who was 21 at the time. "It was quiet and serene. Nothing happened; there was just curiosity and disbelief."

"But no one ever spit on me, no one hit me, no one pushed me, no one pulled a prank on me," he said. "No student ever closed a door in my face. Some befriended me and treated me with dignity and respect. Many just ignored me."

But of course, if you really want to press the issue of the differences in culture at our two universities, one need not look further than the, "Game of Change", which took place in 1963, the year following the riots at Ole Miss. That's when our basketball team sneaked out of state to play the black team from Loyola in defiance of Mississippi Governor (and Ole Miss alum) Ross Barnett. Indicative of the difference in culture is the fact that, when that team came back to MSU after having lost to that Loyola team, they were greeted by a large contingent of students who applauded them and their courage.

OMG, please stop trying to make this about which school had the uglier past. Not only would you lose every time, but it's distasteful. Obviously our entire state has an ugly history in this area, and both schools have had their problems in the past.

But only one of our schools is still trying to cling to and embrace images and/or traditions representative of that ugly past.

OleMissGuy:

I would love to let this stupid thread die, but I just can't without pointing out how asurd this post is. In a state of almost 50% black population, you are telling us that not one single black student applied for admission to Miss. St. for 4 years????????

That is ridiculous. Hundreds, maybe thousands, applied, but your fine University rejected them all. Then, in 1966, you accepted............one.

If you believe that not one single black student applied, then you are daft. And, if it is true, what does it say about how they felt about your institution?

Your all white basketball team from your all white school went and played a basketball game. Whoopee.

Ole Miss was not the last SEC schools to accept black students. It was just about the first. The rest didn't get around to it for years.

Look at what has been posted in this thread. SWC schools were several years after Miss St and close to a decade after Ole Miss.

You cannot rewrite history. Your school held out longer than any other SEC school, yet you cast stones.

Now, I am out of this thread.

CadaverDawg
08-10-2014, 09:23 PM
http://mindsoap.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/not-this-shit-again.gif

mstatefan91
08-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Can we just let this go? It doesn't help anyone in any way

blacklistedbully
08-10-2014, 09:32 PM
Damn, I thought this board was a place for MSU fans to come on here and discuss MSU, AND share our hate of Ole Miss, etc. The last thread sure seemed to generate a ton of interest and discussion.

What exactly is wrong with this?

BeardoMSU
08-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Blacklist, though I somewhat appreciate your vigor, why pray tell are you wasting your time with this fool? The dude is obviously living in a parallel universe; so why bother with him?
When you walk in these type's cesspool, you'll eventually get shit on your shoes.......

/metaphor

RC3
08-10-2014, 09:37 PM
Let it go. They are delusional. You can't win an argument with someone in that state of mind

blacklistedbully
08-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Blacklist, though I somewhat appreciate your vigor, why pray tell are you wasting your time with this fool? The dude is obviously living in a parallel universe; so why bother with him?
When you walk in these type's cesspool, you'll eventually get shit on your shoes.......

/metaphor

I hear ya. I actually did walk away from that thread over there. I like to share it here because I think he's a great example of why we hate those delusional pricks, and because the rules over there don't allow me to insult or harshly ridicule the fool. As we all know morons like him come to this board regularly (and OMG in particular claims to be a member in disguise), it's also a way for me to let him know what an ignorant tool he is.

You & I both know he's reading this. ;)

EAVdog
08-10-2014, 09:38 PM
I can't speak for everyone but I am one who does read/post on SPS and ED. But I stay away from the back and forth OM/MSU stuff because frankly it's just so tiring. A second hand recounting is just as tiring, sorry.

blacklistedbully
08-10-2014, 09:43 PM
I can't speak for everyone but I am one who does read/post on SPS and ED. But I stay away from the back and forth OM/MSU stuff because frankly it's just so tiring. A second hand recounting is just as tiring, sorry.

To each his own. Some obviously like it, as the threads get a lot of reads & posts. Some don't care for it, and that's no skin off my back. In any case, I think MB's like this can serve as a great way to vent.

SDDawg
08-10-2014, 09:44 PM
They all read over here. Hell, I had people on paid message boards creating threads with my name on them and complaining that I had an "attitude", another dude searching for pictures of me on the internet. It was insane: all because I say Ole Miss sucks?! You want to talk about delusional, for the most part that bunch belongs at Whitfield. Sick group of individuals in my experience.