PDA

View Full Version : Engie, you were curious how they would handle the NEZ to East Side

steeldawg
08-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Elevation change issue. This picture was taken yesterday.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t1.0-9/1972449_10202701237434238_8281589350579260564_n.jp g

ETA: Nevermind... this is the new entrance at the NW corner looking back towards the Union. My bad...

BeardoMSU
08-10-2014, 09:38 PM
That handrail made from 2x4's looks awesome....really sets the tone*****

engie
08-10-2014, 09:47 PM
Yeah -- they've been really, really careful to avoid any pictures of that area haven't they? IMO there's just no real way it can be done first class like the other 2/3 of the lower concourse. IMO they will badly need to renovate the lower east concourse sooner rather than later. I'm somewhat hopeful that they go ahead and do it next year as the new speaker system is likely going into Davis Wade...

mstatefan91
08-10-2014, 09:53 PM
That NW corner is definitely looking back towards the soccer field. Not the union.

steeldawg
08-10-2014, 10:21 PM
That NW corner is definitely looking back towards the soccer field. Not the union.

This is the new entrance between the new "tower" on the left and the north endzone/stands on the right. The open area you see through the concourse is the Mississippi plaza.

steeldawg
08-10-2014, 10:22 PM
Yeah -- they've been really, really careful to avoid any pictures of that area haven't they? IMO there's just no real way it can be done first class like the other 2/3 of the lower concourse. IMO they will badly need to renovate the lower east concourse sooner rather than later. I'm somewhat hopeful that they go ahead and do it next year as the new speaker system is likely going into Davis Wade...

I tried to get in the east side earlier to see how they would do it but all the gates were locked. You obviously can't get back through there through the west side.

Barking 13
08-11-2014, 10:11 PM

Does anybody know what they do with the old system? auction?

engie
08-11-2014, 10:16 PM
Does anybody know what they do with the old system? auction?

Ennis is probably your guy for that question...

mstatefan91
08-11-2014, 10:27 PM
This is the new entrance between the new "tower" on the left and the north endzone/stands on the right. The open area you see through the concourse is the Mississippi plaza.

My bad. Got confused by the OP saying it was the NW corner.

You are correct