PDA

View Full Version : Message for the Board:

CadaverDawg
08-10-2014, 08:21 PM
From now on, if you post anything that could be used against MSU by our sisters to the North, you will have it deleted immediately and possibly be banned. If you're a regular, you may receive a warning before banned but your post will be deleted.

I think we can all agree that we are worried #1 about the best interests for MSU. We are obviously being stalked by many many weak and obsessed OM fans. They are extremely upset that Mullen and the Dawgs own them in every aspect right now. They know that Dak and our team is stealing the headlines. They know that this season is only going to make it worse. So they are resorting to creating fake usernames in the name of obsession, in order to screen shot things and tweet to our recruits. It is sad, pathetic, and shows the OM culture at it's core. They are a weak and delusional group, and they know that we are about to leave them in the dust....so desperate times call for desperate measures.

If you see something posted that is questionable, PLEASE PM me or click the little icon in the bottom left of their post and report the post so it will notify me or one of the other mods. We aren't going to let OM trolls or dumbasses of our own, hurt us in recruiting. Hopefully recruits are smart enough to know that if any school is capable of wishing players to be hurt, it's likely the school whose fans hang nooses on statues and burn flags when Obama is elected. Ole Miss fans are good at this because it's their actual feelings on display.

Dont be pissed if you get bounced for saying dumb shit. You've been warned. Carry on.

starkvegasdawg
08-10-2014, 08:25 PM
Long time coming. Good deal.

BeardoMSU
08-10-2014, 08:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/45WW0wy.gif

CadaverDawg
08-10-2014, 08:28 PM
http://i.imgur.com/45WW0wy.gif

Beardo, you know how much I love this gif. Awesome

ShotgunDawg
08-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Did you think the Ole Miss guy's screenshot about Tee will hurt us in recruiting? I thought that was a major reach by the Ole Miss guy to bring that up to recruits that could probably have cared less
Lets not over react about meaningless stuff.

SDDawg
08-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Exactly.

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Jay-Z-clapping-whew.gif

CadaverDawg
08-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Did you think the Ole Miss guy's screenshot about Tee will hurt us in recruiting? I thought that was a major reach by the Ole Miss guy to bring that up to recruits that could probably have cared less.

No, I don't think it hurts us, bc recruits aren't dumb...they see right through Ole Miss's desperate attempts. But at the same time, we also aren't going to provide ammo for these desperate nafoomers to use against us. So either way, the shit's gonna stop.

ShotgunDawg
08-10-2014, 08:33 PM
No, I don't think it hurts us, bc recruits aren't dumb...they see right through Ole Miss's desperate attempts. But at the same time, we also aren't going to provide ammo for these desperate nafoomers to use against us. So either way, the shit's gonna stop.

Well... If you consider the Tee stuff to be meaningless to a recruit, as do I, then why would you have decided to delete it?

State82
08-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Absolutely! Exactly what needs to be done.

Political Hack
Well... If you consider the Tee stuff to be meaningless to a recruit, as do I, then why would you have decided to delete it?

because we're not going to willingly allow them opportunities to hurt MSU. It's not up for debate.

CadaverDawg

Seriously? What the hell are you arguing here?

ShotgunDawg
08-10-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm not arguing, but just trying to figure out what exactly your saying your going to delete. This is good for the board, but, if there was nothing wrong with the Tee tweet, then what exactly, led to this?

An idiot OM fan could screen shot anything on this board and send it to a recruit. What constitutes an unacceptable tweet, because there was nothing wrong with the Tee tweet.

What are the guidelines or is this just paranoia?

Your giving them power by acknowledging this. Why would a recruit give two shits about what we think about Tee?

Coach34
08-10-2014, 08:48 PM
. What constitutes an unacceptable tweet, because there was nothing wrong with the Tee tweet.

What are the guidelines or is this just paranoia?

Guidelines are decided by the Mods...dont post stupid shit and you should have no worries

CadaverDawg
08-10-2014, 08:48 PM
I'm not arguing, but just trying to figure out what exactly your saying your going to delete. This is good for the board, but, if there was nothing wrong with the Tee tweet, then what exactly, led to this?

An idiot OM fan could screen shit anything on this board and send it to a recruit. What constitutes an unacceptable tweet, because there was nothing wrong with the Tee tweet?

It was by someone claiming to be a bulldog, saying something that could be used against MSU to try and make us look bad. Not sure what you consider "nothing wrong", but you're wrong on this one. So just drop it.

HoopsDawg
08-10-2014, 08:51 PM
Guidelines are decided by the Mods...dont post stupid shit and you should have no worries

sometimes this board and people on this board take themselves too seriously. A recruit has never and will never pick a school based on a message board post.

ShotgunDawg
08-10-2014, 08:51 PM
Y
It was by someone claiming to be a bulldog, saying something that could be used against MSU to try and make us look bad. Not sure what you consider "nothing wrong", but you're wrong on this one. So just drop it.

I'm not wrong, but I'll drop it.

Be more prepared next time. This board doesn't have that power. Ole Miss fans would screen shot a pickup truck and send it to a recruit.

State82
08-10-2014, 08:54 PM
sometimes this board and people on this board take themselves too seriously. A recruit has never and will never pick a school based on a message board post.

And you know this how?

HoopsDawg
08-10-2014, 08:55 PM
And you know this how?

b/c my IQ is above 95.

steeldawg
08-10-2014, 08:58 PM
From now on, if you post anything that could be used against MSU by our sisters to the North, you will have it deleted immediately and possibly be banned. If you're a regular, you may receive a warning before banned but your post will be deleted.

I think we can all agree that we are worried #1 about the best interests for MSU. We are obviously being stalked by many many weak and obsessed OM fans. They are extremely upset that Mullen and the Dawgs own them in every aspect right now. They know that Dak and our team is stealing the headlines. They know that this season is only going to make it worse. So they are resorting to creating fake usernames in the name of obsession, in order to screen shot things and tweet to our recruits. It is sad, pathetic, and shows the OM culture at it's core. They are a weak and delusional group, and they know that we are about to leave them in the dust....so desperate times call for desperate measures.

If you see something posted that is questionable, PLEASE PM me or click the little icon in the bottom left of their post and report the post so it will notify me or one of the other mods. We aren't going to let OM trolls or dumbasses of our own, hurt us in recruiting. Hopefully recruits are smart enough to know that if any school is capable of wishing players to be hurt, it's likely the school whose fans hang nooses on statues and burn flags when Obama is elected. Ole Miss fans are good at this because it's their actual feelings on display.

Dont be pissed if you get bounced for saying dumb shit. You've been warned. Carry on.

I'm curious, as well.. what is considered "detramental to MSU?" Criticizing or badmouthing a recruit/former recruit, obviously.. but what about criticizing the coaches/administrators/players? Especially in the middle of a game, the game threads can get pretty heated by everyone (including mods). I'm not calling anyone out... I'm just curious what is tolerated and not tolerated.

State82
08-10-2014, 08:59 PM
b/c my IQ is above 95.

And because mine is also I know that no one knows what goes on in the head of a high school kid.

CadaverDawg
08-10-2014, 09:00 PM
I'm curious, as well.. what is considered "detramental to MSU?" Criticizing or badmouthing a recruit/former recruit, obviously.. but what about criticizing the coaches/administrators? Especially in the middle of a game, the game threads can get pretty heated by everyone (including mods). I'm not calling anyone out... I'm just curious what is tolerated and not tolerated.

Come on, man. I'm talking about recruiting here. People are going to bitch about coaches and stuff. Use your heads, guys. If you have to question what is bad for the program, you probably shouldn't post

steeldawg
08-10-2014, 09:03 PM
Come on, man. I'm talking about recruiting here. People are going to bitch about coaches and stuff. Use your heads, guys. If you have to question what is bad for the program, you probably shouldn't post

I wasn't trying to start shit... I was genuinely curious.

starkvegasdawg
08-10-2014, 09:03 PM
Again, I support this wholeheartedly. Only thing is some trolling bear could post something and then immediately screen shot it two seconds later. At the risk of sounding way over the top on security the only way I know to prevent that is to have those under a certain post count not have their posts display immediately. They would go review and then allowed to be displayed if ok. I know a lot of sites that do that but I also know it would be a ton of extra work and probably not worth the effort. Just throwing it out there for thought.

BeastMan
08-10-2014, 09:07 PM
The internet is an amazing tool. The poster who posted the the bs post is out of GA. His web history says he's visited southernrealtyaberdeen and nationwide insurance. He also fancies the artwork of Shawn freeney. Maybe he's from Aberdeen...

It's beyond pathetic that rival fans sign up with the sole intent of trolling and tweeting it out. If y'all ever wonder why I question post and seem tough, this is why. I think it's a fair number that 80% of the really bad post on this board are rival fans.

Political Hack
08-10-2014, 09:09 PM

when you ask a kid what was the 1 thing that led to their choice, it's hard for them to answer. That's because it's not 1 thing. It's a million things. it's a marathon and you're either moving ahead or falling behind. There's no excuse to contribute towards falling behind. it's an unnecessary risk, regardless of how minor the risk is.

CadaverDawg
08-10-2014, 09:09 PM
The internet is an amazing tool. The poster who posted the the bs post is out of GA. His web history says he's visited southernrealtyaberdeen and nationwide insurance. He also fancies the artwork of Shawn freeney. Maybe he's from Aberdeen...

It's beyond pathetic that rival fans sign up with the sole intent of trolling and tweeting it out. If y'all ever wonder why I question post and seem tough, this is why. I think it's a fair number that 80% of the really bad post on this board are rival fans.

Well done, Beast. I agree 100%. Pathetic, obsessed bunch up there.

CadaverDawg
08-10-2014, 09:10 PM
when you ask a kid what was the 1 thing that led to their choice, it's hard for them to answer. That's because it's not 1 thing. It's a million things. it's a marathon and you're either moving ahead or falling behind. There's no excuse to contribute towards falling behind. it's an unnecessary risk, regardless of how minor the risk is.

Yep, and it's funny how you can learn a lot just by looking at who questions a thread like this. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin

EAVdog
08-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Pay for a recruiting service and follow it closely for a few years. Then you will get a better sense of how many recruits and their parents read message boards. Some of our fans have no sense. We have current players whose parents were provided screenshots of comments from SPS where someone called the kid a thug because he had dreads. And his Mother sure as hell wasn't happy. Go to any other teams board and say something detrimental and see what happens. If you have to communicate about a recruit etc... PM someone.

CadaverDawg
08-10-2014, 09:24 PM
Pay for a recruiting service and follow it closely for a few years. Then you will get a better sense of how many recruits and their parents read message boards. Some of our fans have no sense. We have current players whose parents were provided screenshots of comments from SPS where someone called the kid a thug because he had dreads. And his Mother sure as hell wasn't happy. Go to any other teams board and say something detrimental and see what happens. If you have to communicate about a recruit etc... PM someone.

Well said, EAV.

Coach34
08-10-2014, 09:28 PM

Yet Elijah Staley eliminated a school based on what that school's fan tweeted to him and said about him on message boards

mic
08-10-2014, 09:28 PM
When a kid gets hurt , no matter if it's Umiss , LSU, bama, whoever never say your glad he is for whatever reason. If you really feel that way just keep it to yourself.
Is one good example...

BeastMan
08-10-2014, 09:44 PM
When a kid gets hurt , no matter if it's Umiss , LSU, bama, whoever never say your glad he is for whatever reason. If you really feel that way just keep it to yourself.
Is one good example...

Yep

BeardoMSU
08-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Yet Elijah Staley eliminated a school based on what that school's fan tweeted to him and said about him on message boards

Exactly. Some of our fans tend to go ape shit when a particular recruit does something they don't like, as in visiting a rival school. In all honestly, considering the "defcon 4" level panic and vitriol that was being spewed during the Chris Jones saga, we were lucky he was smart enough to ignore the fringe element of our fan base. Some of y'all just don't know when to STFU.

sandwolf
08-10-2014, 09:49 PM

He deleted it because it was a classless thing to say and people were posting it on Twitter to portray our fan base in a negative light. Anyone that wishes for a player to be injured because of the fact that they decided to play football for a rival team is a sick individual. Simple as that.

And he doesn't know whether or not it is meaningless to a recruit.......he just isn't going to take any chances.

What about any of that is difficult to understand?

BossDawg
08-10-2014, 09:55 PM
So they are resorting to creating fake usernames in the name of obsession, in order to screen shot things and tweet to our recruits. It is sad, pathetic, and shows the OM culture at it's core. They are a weak and delusional group, and they know that we are about to leave them in the dust.

I had a feeling this was coming. Wouldn't be the first time, would it? They are a sad, sad, desperate bunch of egotistical, passive aggressive losers.

BeardoMSU
08-10-2014, 09:57 PM
I had a feeling this was coming. Wouldn't be the first time, would it? They are a sad, sad, desperate bunch of egotistical, passive aggressive losers.

Nothing new. Same thing happened with CJ.

CadaverDawg
08-10-2014, 09:58 PM
He deleted it because it was a classless thing to say and people were posting it on Twitter to portray our fan base in a negative light. Anyone that wishes for a player to be injured because of the fact that they decided to play football for a rival team is a sick individual. Simple as that.

And he doesn't know whether or not it is meaningless to a recruit.......he just isn't going to take any chances.

This

http://media.giphy.com/media/lI6nHr5hWXlu0/giphy.gif

JDog13
08-10-2014, 10:00 PM
I think it's a fair number that 80% of the really bad post on this board are rival fans.

Or me. :eek:

I remember here season before last. The we believe game. Tyler Russell had a pretty bad game at Alabama. Posters on a message board were absolutely tearing him a new virtual asshole. His mom was a reader of the message board and after she took all she could, she spoke up. There were plenty of people that I bet they wished they could take back what they said. It was too late by that point. I used to laugh and facepalm when people would jump all over posters for posting stuff about players or recruits. I thought yeah right, what's the odds they know this site exists. After Russell's mom posted, that changed my way of thinking.

I believe that this site, more than any other MSU site, is on the radar of many of these bear homers. It never fails that something from this site pops up on bear twitters and forums within an hour of it being posted. I have never went to a bear site or twitter and tweeted recruits about content. If you pick some of the outspoken bear idiots on twitter, and scroll through their timeline, you will find that 90% actively tweet recruits. They are desperate and sad individuals that will say whatever they can dream up. Don't help them out.

BeardoMSU
08-10-2014, 10:02 PM

Sounds good to me.
http://media.tumblr.com/bfa4dd35efa55b97701317d4117b45af/tumblr_inline_mn4xd9Rk4A1qz4rgp.gif

SDDawg
08-10-2014, 10:06 PM
I believe that this site, more than any other MSU site, is on the radar of many of these bear homers. It never fails that something from this site pops up on bear twitters and forums within an hour of it being posted. I have never went to a bear site or twitter and tweeted recruits about content. If you pick some of the outspoken bear idiots on twitter, and scroll through their timeline, you will find that 90% actively tweet recruits. They are desperate and sad individuals that will say whatever they can dream up. Don't help them out.

It's a fact, dead on here.

MarketingBully01
08-10-2014, 10:29 PM

This x1000. That Tee Shepard link was on the 247 Rebel board within 20 minutes of Coach34 putting it up. Ole Miss fans suck as bad as Auburn fans do IMO. It sucks that they go to these lengths. It makes me upset that those asshole fans go to these links. Cadaver, I would just delete the entire Tee Shepard thread as even since you locked it it is still linked on Rebels247 so they will still get to it. I understand I made a couple of posts in there. I am not for his injury and feel bad for the kid. Hope he has a quick recovery and is ready to face us in the Egg Bowl. I completely understand us MSU fans needing to toe the line especially with all the idiot bears pretending to be us and continuing to screenshot us.

Todd4State
08-10-2014, 10:46 PM

I remember here season before last. The we believe game. Tyler Russell had a pretty bad game at Alabama. Posters on a message board were absolutely tearing him a new virtual asshole. His mom was a reader of the message board and after she took all she could, she spoke up. There were plenty of people that I bet they wished they could take back what they said. It was too late by that point. I used to laugh and facepalm when people would jump all over posters for posting stuff about players or recruits. I thought yeah right, what's the odds they know this site exists. After Russell's mom posted, that changed my way of thinking.

There are hundreds of MSU athletes when you combine football, baseball, and basketball. Which means hundreds of parents and family members. It's more na?ve to think that those people wouldn't read and post because people want to know how their family members are doing and what is being said. And it's natural to be upset when your family members have something bad said about them.

Todd4State
08-10-2014, 10:47 PM
The truth is Ole Miss fans are every bit as bad as MSU fans about bashing recruits and players- and maybe even worse. But the difference is our fans rarely use it against them in recruiting, and I doubt Dan uses it in recruiting.

So, the point remains- we have to be careful about what we say.

PassInterference
08-10-2014, 10:55 PM
Jdog13 is right about ED being a target. Read Ole Miss boards and you'll see that is true.

And Ole Miss fans do also bash recruits. They are all on record saying they don't want any of our commits except Peters, I think.

drunkernhelldawg
08-11-2014, 06:10 AM

Wow. Does this mean that you can access the web history of any who post or register here?

DawgHouseUnited
08-11-2014, 08:15 AM
So they are resorting to creating fake usernames in the name of obsession, in order to screen shot things and tweet to our recruits.[/B] It is sad, pathetic, and shows the OM culture at it's core. They are a weak and delusional group, and they know that we are about to leave them in the dust....so desperate times call for desperate measures.

Is it possible to set new users so that they can't create new threads until they hit a certain number of posts? It would cut out the genuine "hi I'm a new user" threads by sincere folks, but it might also cut out a lot of the trolling attempts.

CadaverDawg
08-11-2014, 08:22 AM
Is it possible to set new users so that they can't create new threads until they hit a certain number of posts? It would cut out the genuine "hi I'm a new user" threads by sincere folks, but it might also cut out a lot of the trolling attempts.

I'm not sure if that's possible or not. I'm just a minion. I'm sure the board creators will do everything they can though. And while some of these trolls think they're fooling people....we have quite a list of suspected posters we're watching. They are a pathetic and sad group, no doubt.

BeastMan
08-11-2014, 08:25 AM
Wow. Does this mean that you can access the web history of any who post or register here?

Means I can search an IP address numerous different ways. I do it for post that are clear trolls. You'd be amazed how many of these post are from the Oxford area.

Coach34
08-11-2014, 08:40 AM
This thread has been linked to at least 8 known OM sites- public and private (thanks google analytics) and could be more. We just haven't checked out all the sites it was linked to- just noticed the obvious ones. When I say 33-40% of our traffic comes from OM sites- I'm not kidding. It's hilarious how Elite gets under their skin.

And as always- click some ads ****ers while you are here

DawgHouseUnited
08-11-2014, 08:42 AM
I'm not sure if that's possible or not. I'm just a minion. I'm sure the board creators will do everything they can though. And while some of these trolls think they're fooling people....we have quite a list of suspected posters we're watching. They are a pathetic and sad group, no doubt.

May be an idea to kick around. Keep new posters on double-secret probation until they reach a certain point- either in post count or account age?

http://redanglespanish.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/doublesecretprobation.jpg

CadaverDawg
08-11-2014, 08:46 AM
May be an idea to kick around. Keep new posters on double-secret probation until they reach a certain point- either in post count or account age?

http://redanglespanish.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/doublesecretprobation.jpg

Haha

MidTNDawg
08-11-2014, 09:38 AM
I like this site more and more!

ScottH
08-11-2014, 09:46 AM
This policy should exist and be enforced on every MSU board.

EAVdog
08-11-2014, 09:48 AM
Jdog13 is right about ED being a target. Read Ole Miss boards and you'll see that is true.

And Ole Miss fans do also bash recruits. They are all on record saying they don't want any of our commits except Peters, I think.

Yep just recently an Ole Miss fan accused Matt Womack of taking a new truck as a bribe to commit to LSU on the Rebels 247 site. Of course he took it a step way beyond reasonable because he was talking directly with Matt Womack's Dad! And when the father told him that was BS he just dug in further and kept arguing.

I really wish we would have thrown out a scholly to him last year!