PDA

View Full Version : Some Ole Miss people are petitioning to remove Dan Jones

PassInterference
08-10-2014, 07:43 PM
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/calling-for-resignation-of-dan-jones.html

That's a petition to get rid of Dan Jones.

THAT is how badly they want to keep "Ole Miss" and the likes of Confederate Drive. As I said before, school spirit is more important to them than racism. It's Penn State with race instead of child abuse.

Coach34
08-10-2014, 08:02 PM
Confederates gonna Confederate

Political Hack
08-10-2014, 08:26 PM
Rebels gonna rebel.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
08-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Anybody else sign that petition just to increase controversy on this topic? Btw, Dr. Eddie Strong is already taken.

BeardoMSU
08-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Rebels gonna rebel.

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2013/06/17/leo-wolf/mm.o.jpg/a_560x0.jpg

steeldawg
08-10-2014, 08:47 PM
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/calling-for-resignation-of-dan-jones.html

That's a petition to get rid of Dan Jones.

THAT is how badly they want to keep "Ole Miss" and the likes of Confederate Drive. As I said before, school spirit is more important to them than racism. It's Penn State with race instead of child abuse.

Too bad... he's been pretty clear that he wants to bring them out of the 19th century and into the 21st. But 150 year controversial heritage, traditions, klan songs/chants and flag waving are more important to them... old times there are not forgotten.

Harrydawg
08-10-2014, 09:11 PM
I am shocked at how much traction the Can Dan wagon is getting......I know life long rebels who are out for his head, but - it is much more than the Ole MS crap. A lot of issues with drugs and administrative items. One example I saw this week was UM not having enough parking passes for students who actually live on campus. The system crashed 2 minutes into the first come first serve process on line. But the fact that they will have students live on campus that will have a parking decal to park on campus just seems really 17'd up.

They just feel a major lack of planning for the future has hurt the university. Dorms at UM are light years behind MSU.

blacklistedbully
08-10-2014, 09:47 PM
I'd say those idiots can't stop stepping on their own dicks, but they still seem able to recruit. One would think this kind of shit would bite them in the ass hard, but it just doesn't really seem to much.

codeDawg
08-10-2014, 10:03 PM
Jones and others must know what a powder keg they are sitting on. The only reason it has not blown yet is that UM is irrelevant nationally. I'm not picking on them, b/c MSU is too, but they are one national story away from getting torn a new one. Right now they are that school down in Mississippi with all the crazies, but they sure seem like nice people wearing their ties and sundresses to football games.

Eventually one of those rebel flag waving mouth breathers is going to do something really stupid past racist language on YouTube and defacing statues. When that happens things like the name Ole Miss, Confederate drive, the Rebels, the statues, and everything in their past will take a the national spotlight. After that, they better have been working on distancing themselves or all the grants, enrollments, and other sources of money will start drying up.

Honestly, we had all better hope they don't get caught with their pants down like that. I would assume that 80% of the country doesn't know the difference between us.

PassInterference
08-10-2014, 11:03 PM
Yeah eventually they might do something crazy like riot when a black President is elected, or maybe put a noose on a civil rights statue.

blacklistedbully
08-11-2014, 12:52 AM
Petition started by Bart Wilbanks, Corporate Procurement Mgr at Evergreen Packaging in Memphis. He lists as his grievances:

Banning the tradition of playing the song "From Dixie with Love" at football games.
Removing the University's mascot Colonel Reb and further preventing a student or fan from wearing a Colonel Reb costume to any sporting events.
Jones suggesting the replacing of "Ole Miss" on the academic side of things to U of Miss.

Since Bart is so adamant about getting Dan Jones fired, I wonder how Mr. Wilbanks would feel if a large contingent of minorities in the region would start and support a petition to Evergreen Packaging to have him fired for something like, say racial insensitivity?

I can understand why some alum/supporters would be unhappy with the idea of doing away with certain traditions, but this guy is going head-long after Mr. Jones job. Wouldn't mind seeing the worm turned on somebody like that.

ETA - And before any of you start to rail about censorship etc, keep in mind, I have no issues whatsoever with anyone expressing their opinion. But this guy is directly trying to get a man fired from his job for having a valid opinion and doing his job. Sounds to me like a hot-head who perhaps needs to feel the sting of his actions brought back upon him.