PDA

View Full Version : anybody see this about Patterson and Adams

GreenheadDawg
08-10-2014, 03:33 PM
I have absolutely zero inside knowledge on recruiting but it looks like Adams just really likes OM and isn't trying to "play the recruiting game". He hasn't mention Peters nor Lewis because he knows they are going to State so he found a buddy that will go to OM with him. If that's where he really wants to go then more power to him. I just find it hilarious that OM can get a recruit because his 3rd cousin's nephew twice removed plays there but we have trouble with a guy whose brother plays for us
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/07/31/adams-patterson-thinking-about-teaming-up-in-college/13413669/

CadaverDawg
08-10-2014, 03:43 PM
I'm seriously not trying to argue, but nothing about that article or video looks bad for us. Hell, I like our chances with Patterson more now if anything. He didn't say anything about liking OM in that article or video, did he? Maybe I missed it.

SDDawg
08-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Let's talk on signing day. Adams will not SIGN with Ole Miss, not going to happen. And Patterson is most likely going to Auburn, he's just playing the game with OM too. OM will be back to a mid-30's to low 40's recruiting rankings and they're going to go apeshit crazy when it happens. Sit back and grab your popcorn!

GreenheadDawg
08-10-2014, 03:49 PM
I hope ya'll are right. Maybe I'm just being a pessimist but I've yet to see an article where Adams talks up State. But it's a long time until feb. I think whoever makes the biggest splash this season will end up with one if not both of them

CadaverDawg
08-10-2014, 03:50 PM
I hope ya'll are right. Maybe I'm just being a pessimist but I've yet to see an article where Adams talks up State. But it's a long time until feb. I think whoever makes the biggest splash this season will end up with one if not both of them

Well where did you see him talking up OM in that article? He didn't.

msstate7
08-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Let's talk on signing day. Adams will not SIGN with Ole Miss, not going to happen. And Patterson is most likely going to Auburn, he's just playing the game with OM too. OM will be back to a mid-30's to low 40's recruiting rankings and they're going to go apeshit crazy when it happens. Sit back and grab your popcorn!

If we can beat OM to win our 10th game and OM finishes behind us in recruiting rankings, freeze better be worried about his job

GreenheadDawg
08-10-2014, 03:51 PM
There is another article talking about his BIG visit to oxford this weekend and that he talks to their coaches everyday

MarketingBully01
08-10-2014, 04:10 PM
There is another article talking about his BIG visit to oxford this weekend and that he talks to their coaches everyday

Very yesterday's news. I tend to agree with Shotgun here. Fletcher Adams brother even stated that he will not sign with Ole Miss. They are wasting their time recruiting him IMO. In the end, Fletcher will be a dog no matter what happens in the next few days or weeks. Even Cory Thomas committed to the Vols but eventually was a Dog. IMO, he is just enjoying the process but he will sign at the place that is the best fit for him. I'm not worried.

ShotgunDawg
08-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Adams ain't going to Ole Miss. Just be patient, and take a "don't care approach" if he commits to them"

He will be a Bulldog.

SDDawg
08-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Well where did you see him talking up OM in that article? He didn't.

CD- you nailed it. If you really dig into this, the only people talking up Adams to OM is guess who... shady OMers. Of course they want the recruiting momentum, they can't believe they're going to finish behind us this year (the math is pretty much done folks, don't let them fool you!). The funny thing about it is that they don't realize that all of their top guys this year are likely signing elsewhere, they have a bunch of big names on the board but no juice to pull them in. Methinks that Freeze better have a pic taken of him doing some crappie fishing, because those big bass are just not jumping in the boat this year.

Todd4State
08-10-2014, 04:26 PM
My hope with Javon is that if Auburn fills up at o-line that he realizes that we are the better option for him in terms of o-line and player development despite whatever Ole Miss connections he has.

Todd4State
08-10-2014, 04:26 PM
CD- you nailed it. If you really dig into this, the only people talking up Adams to OM is guess who... shady OMers. Of course they want the recruiting momentum, they can't believe they're going to finish behind us this year (the math is pretty much done folks, don't let them fool you!). The funny thing about it is that they don't realize that all of their top guys this year are likely signing elsewhere, they have a bunch of big names on the board but no juice to pull them in. Methinks that Freeze better have a pic taken of him doing some crappie fishing, because those big bass are just not jumping in the boat this year.

Crappie? More like minnows.

SDDawg
08-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Crappie? More like minnows.

That would be an amazing picture, him holding a net vs. a rod. Photoshop wizards of the board, time to do some work!

RougeDawg
08-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Adams ain't going to Ole Miss. Just be patient, and take a "don't care approach" if he commits to them"

He will be a Bulldog.

Yes.^^^^ Jesus, we aren't even into the season yet and people are worried about recruits who may or may not go elsewhere and may or may not have hinted at one school over the other. Let's just enjoy the potential season we could have, refrain from making negative comment about what a recruit says or does, and also enjoy watching the dumpster fire in Oxford get fanned as the season unfolds.

defiantdog
08-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Recruits like to talk and they tell the media what they want to hear. No info here.... Patterson is going to OM and Adams is going to State. Adams just doesn't want everyone to think he's a sure thing at State cause he wants to feel the love.... Kind of C Jones 2 years ago

War Machine Dawg
08-10-2014, 09:50 PM

He will be a Bulldog.

Methinks they're going to understand what Merry Flipmas feels like from the other side.

Johnson85
08-11-2014, 10:31 AM

If they are looking at finishing poorly, they are going to make it very difficult for some of the recruits waiting until signing day to say no. It's just too important to the coaches, not just to have the talent but to keep the fans happy, and as long as they have some booster support, they will break the bank to make it happen. Not it will be Patterson, but at least a couple of high profile recruits will get godfather offers if that's what it takes.

DapperDawg
08-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Not arguing with anyone, but just curious. Why are some of you so confident that Adams will be at State? Do you have inside knowledge, or are you just stating your opinion?

ShotgunDawg
08-11-2014, 10:52 AM
Not arguing with anyone, but just curious. Why are some of you so confident that Adams will be at State? Do you have inside knowledge, or are you just stating your opinion?

Both, all the people that cover MSU recruiting are adamantly saying that Adams will will be a Bulldog.

Secondly, when waste your time following recruiting for a number of years, like some of us have, you begin to see trends, and understand how these guys think a little. Every year, recruits are the same age, have the same issues in life, and thus normally think the same. Therefore, once you follow recruiting for a number of years, you begin to gain an understanding of what is important to 18 year olds, who actually makes the decisions, and, ultimately, become pretty good at predicting where a kid will go to school.

I am not claiming to be an expert on recruiting, and there are always exceptions, but, from what we have learned matters in the past, all logic points to Adams being a Bulldog. I'll admit that it has been a little strange, off the beaten path, how he has handled his recruitment, but most of that Is white noise and doesn't matter.

Coach34
08-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Just wait till Lewis signs with State

deltadawg99
08-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Let the kid enjoy the process. The Adams family has had a great relationship with MSU for years. If Stansbury didn't get fired, Tyler likely would be at MSU right now too.

He's an 18 year kid enjoying the process and taking a few trips. Big deal. Having the chance to play with his brother on the same DL in college will be too much to pass up.

Jacksondevildog
08-11-2014, 02:04 PM
ACtually, Robert Kirby was at Georgetown while Stansbury was in his last year at State. Kirby had to pull a guy from Mississippi for Georgetown. Otherwise, Tyler would have been at State.

sandwolf
08-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Let the kid enjoy the process.

I agree. I don't have the slightest idea whether he is seriously thinking about going to OM, but I do know that if he enjoys the recruiting process (which he apparently does), then it is very possible that he is saying the things that he is saying so that he will continue to be recruited hard.

It is no different than what I did as a junior and senior in high school........there was no question as to where I was going to college, but when me and all my buddies went to Oxford for some big rush party and the rush chairman would say that he had heard I was going to State, I would always say something along the lines of, "Yea, I have always thought so, but I have such a good time when I come up here that I have really started to rethink things." Then the rush chairman would always feel like it was his responsibility to convert me by showing me the best time I had ever had and by making sure that I didn't spend a dollar all weekend. I can promise you that if I were a highly sought after football recruit, my approach would be very similar......I would privately commit to state during the spring of my junior year so that the staff wouldn't waste a bunch of time and effort on me, and then I would take some awesome official visits and allow every other program to shower me with cash, booze and women.

ShotgunDawg
08-11-2014, 02:44 PM
I agree. I don't have the slightest idea whether he is seriously thinking about going to OM, but I do know that if he enjoys the recruiting process (which he apparently does), then it is very possible that he is saying the things that he is saying so that he will continue to be recruited hard.

It is no different than what I did as a junior and senior in high school........there was no question as to where I was going to college, but when me and all my buddies went to Oxford for some big rush party and the rush chairman would say that he had heard I was going to State, I would always say something along the lines of, "Yea, I have always thought so, but I have such a good time when I come up here that I have really started to rethink things." Then the rush chairman would always feel like it was his responsibility to convert me by showing me the best time I had ever had and by making sure that I didn't spend a dollar all weekend. I can promise you that if I were a highly sought after football recruit, my approach would be very similar......I would privately commit to state during the spring of my junior year so that the staff wouldn't waste a bunch of time and effort on me, and then I would take some awesome official visits and allow every other program to shower me with cash, booze and women.

Absofreakinglutley! Remember.... Fletcher lives in a household with two brothers that have been through the recruiting process. So he knows what it is all about, how to handle things, and how to make the most out of it.

BankerDog
08-11-2014, 05:46 PM
Tyler Adams did not come to Mississippi State because of Rick Stansbury. He didn't like the style of play we had went to.

deltadawg99
08-11-2014, 10:51 PM
ACtually, Robert Kirby was at Georgetown while Stansbury was in his last year at State. Kirby had to pull a guy from Mississippi for Georgetown. Otherwise, Tyler would have been at State.

My bad it was Kirby