PDA

View Full Version : OT: Got to do something about the eye sore ...

MabenMaroon
08-10-2014, 12:48 PM
For a year and half now, I have been driving by the Hwy12/Hwy182 interchange area ( basically the north entrances to campus ) and have watched the couple of acres of ground cover juniper die out. Now it is over 95+% dead. Hundreds of thousands of dollars have been spent planting and landscaping the entrances to campus and yet they let these key focal points die out and become an eye sore. For crying out loud, MSU is one of the top schools in the southeast for horticulture, landscape architecture and landscape contracting. Here we are embarking on the christening of our brand new stadium expansion ( as well as other major building renovations and new facilities ). The first views of the campus landscape when approaching from the north or west will be a massive expanse of dead ground cover juniper. One would think that they would at least remove the dead plants and mulch the area over, but as of yesterday there is no indication that anything is being done.

Political Hack
08-10-2014, 12:51 PM
better than a parade of rebel flags, but yeah... I agree. The key traffic flows into campus should be pristine.

TUSK
08-10-2014, 12:55 PM
I dare yall to plant some Live Oaks.

Political Hack
08-10-2014, 01:43 PM
I dare yall to plant some Live Oaks.

excellent.

CadaverDawg
08-10-2014, 01:51 PM
For a year and half now, I have been driving by the Hwy12/Hwy182 interchange area ( basically the north entrances to campus ) and have watched the couple of acres of ground cover juniper die out. Now it is over 95+% dead. Hundreds of thousands of dollars have been spent planting and landscaping the entrances to campus and yet they let these key focal points die out and become an eye sore. For crying out loud, MSU is one of the top schools in the southeast for horticulture, landscape architecture and landscape contracting. Here we are embarking on the christening of our brand new stadium expansion ( as well as other major building renovations and new facilities ). The first views of the campus landscape when approaching from the north or west will be a massive expanse of dead ground cover juniper. One would think that they would at least remove the dead plants and mulch the area over, but as of yesterday there is no indication that anything is being done.

Tweet Stricklin, or email Keenum about it. There is still time to do something about it before the USM game, and we all know that marketing is #1 to Keenum/Stricklin. I wouldn't be surprised to see them act on it if you let them know.

dawgoneyall
08-10-2014, 04:22 PM
:)

MabenMaroon
08-10-2014, 04:33 PM
Tweet Stricklin, or email Keenum about it. There is still time to do something about it before the USM game, and we all know that marketing is #1 to Keenum/Stricklin. I wouldn't be surprised to see them act on it if you let them know.

Thanks, I believe I will do that. In the big scope of things it couldn't cost that terribly much to just remove the dead plants and mulch the area. Would look a lot better than it does now.

Perpetual Underachiever
08-10-2014, 06:28 PM
I completely agree with you Maben. There is no excuse for that entrance looking as poorly as it does. They have done an amazing job with the rest of campus, but some how they over looked this entrance. I will be sending a friendly email to Keenum/Strick as well.