PDA

View Full Version : OT: Jones vs Cormier

preachermatt83
08-09-2014, 03:26 PM
I do not care for MMA that much. I must admit though that this fight is getting my attention because it seems to me that Jones is the fakest piece of trash in sports and deserves to be destroyed. Any thoughts on it?

JDog13
08-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Jones is real. He is one of the best fighters to ever step into the octagon. I believe the perception he wants people to have of him outside the octagon is fake. I think he's a flavor of the month guy. He's gonna go whichever way the wind blows. I'm a fan of neither, but I'd love to see Cormier beat the brakes off Jones. I do hope the winner of this fight gets dethroned in the belt defense. Cormier is a great fighter, I just don't think he should be fighting for the title yet.

AlSwearengen
08-09-2014, 04:23 PM
Jones, from all accounts is a good dude from a good family. Chael Sonnen couldn't even follow through with his trash talking "schtick" leading up to their fight because Jones was such a nice guy according to Sonnen. There is a story about Jones meditating in a city park before one of his championship fights. An old woman had her purse snatched and Jones ran the thief down and held him on the ground until cops arrived. Didn't hurt the guy, just held him down. That and putting himself at risk hours before a big fight to help someone speaks volumes in my book.

Cormier is the real deal. He treated Dan Henderson like a rag doll a few weeks ago and really hasn't been tested in the fights that I have seen him in. He had been fighting as a small heavyweight and bullied guys a good bit bigger than him. His biggest disadvantage is going to be his height against Jones though.

JDog13
08-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Jones, from all accounts is a good dude from a good family. Chael Sonnen couldn't even follow through with his trash talking "schtick" leading up to their fight because Jones was such a nice guy according to Sonnen. There is a story about Jones meditating in a city park before one of his championship fights. An old woman had her purse snatched and Jones ran the thief down and held him on the ground until cops arrived. Didn't hurt the guy, just held him down. That and putting himself at risk hours before a big fight to help someone speaks volumes in my book.

Cormier is the real deal. He treated Dan Henderson like a rag doll a few weeks ago and really hasn't been tested in the fights that I have seen him in. He had been fighting as a small heavyweight and bullied guys a good bit bigger than him. His biggest disadvantage is going to be his height against Jones though.

Yeah, there is a pic of his trainers holding the guy down. Greg jackson said they took off after the guy, Jones passed them and caught the guy. They made him get off the guy cause they didn't want him gettin hurt.