PDA

View Full Version : Fletcher Adams

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Just FYI, there is a decent chance that Fletcher Adams commits to Ole Miss in the next day or two, but MSU fans don't need to say anything bad about him, his family, or insinuate that Ole Miss cheated and the Adams family accepted anything.

All the "in the know" sources on this have stated that Adams is having a good time, doesn't want to be taken for granted, and is still likely to sign with MSU come February. Lets not say or do anything that could come back to bite us in the ass later.

No matter what your opinion is on how he is handling his recruitment, it is his recruitment and he can handle it how he chooses. At the end of the day, no matter what happens in the next day or so, it is still far more likely that Adams ends up being a Bulldog than a Rebel. We just need to suck it up, take a possibly embarrassing kick in the nuts, and be patient.

It would actually be nice to be the one doing the flipping for once, rather than having our players flipped.

HoopsDawg
08-09-2014, 02:12 PM
So I shouldn't say anything like I would rather have bates and campbell.

defiantdog
08-09-2014, 02:13 PM
It's whatever man.... I'd love Fletcher to play for State because I think it would be nice having to 2 Adams side by side on the line and I think he'd fit in better. But it's his choice. I just don't understand why people would commit somewhere and flip later. I don't know, maybe I'm old school how I think about things. I think he should wait till the end of the season, enjoy the process, and choose where he wants to go based on where he fits in more.

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2014, 02:14 PM
So I shouldn't say anything like I would rather have bates and campbell.

Correct

We should say. "Congrats Fletch, I hope are having fun and got a nice BJ from a white girl. Can't wait to see you sign with the maroon & white come NSD"

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2014, 02:16 PM
It's whatever man.... I'd love Fletcher to play for State because I think it would be nice having to 2 Adams side by side on the line and I think he'd fit in better. But it's his choice. I just don't understand why people would commit somewhere and flip later. I don't know, maybe I'm old school how I think about things. I think he should wait till the end of the season, enjoy the process, and choose where he wants to go based on where he fits in more.

Your not alone with this thought process, but we still want Fletcher Adams, and regardless of what our opinions are on how he has handled this, it is his recruitment and he can handle it like he chooses. We just have to suck it up, and understand that the end result is still heavily weighted in our favor.

Perhaps on NSD after he, hopefully, signs with us, we will get an explanation as to why he handled his recruitment in a way that could have possibly made MSU look bad. In the meantime, we just need to maintain our ground, support him, and wish him luck.

At this point, there is no reason for him not to sign with MSU. Lets not give him one.

dawgclub99
08-09-2014, 02:52 PM
The problem is there will be some Bear trolls that will try to talk bad about him and his family. It happens every year.

Rick Danko
08-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Bottom line, if the guy wants to go to OM more power to him. Really, really want him to be a dog but it may just be a fact that he flat out wants to be a Rebel. If so, good luck except in Egg Bowl.

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2014, 03:34 PM
Bottom line, if the guy wants to go to OM more power to him. Really, really want him to be a dog but it may just be a fact that he flat out wants to be a Rebel. If so, good luck except in Egg Bowl.

Not true

Todd4State
08-09-2014, 03:42 PM
I don't have much to add but everyone needs to heed Shotgun's advice and be patient until NSD.

And to whomever was asking about Bates and Campbell- they and Adams are not an either or deal. The staff will take all three.

AFDawg
08-09-2014, 03:52 PM
** Early Flipmas shopping

maroonmania
08-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Your not alone with this thought process, but we still want Fletcher Adams, and regardless of what our opinions are on how he has handled this, it is his recruitment and he can handle it like he chooses. We just have to suck it up, and understand that the end result is still heavily weighted in our favor.

Perhaps on NSD after he, hopefully, signs with us, we will get an explanation as to why he handled his recruitment in a way that could have possibly made MSU look bad. In the meantime, we just need to maintain our ground, support him, and wish him luck.

At this point, there is no reason for him not to sign with MSU. Lets not give him one.

Would be a really odd thing for him to do THIS year unless he actually wants to be on the plantation. We don't have very many spots left and with the other folks still on the board would be a dangerous game for him to commit up there and then hope we have a spot for him in the end. Only way I would see something like that coming back our way is if premeditated with our staff's knowledge which, who knows, could indeed be the case. The Danley and Adams situations are certainly curious. Adams moreso just because I can't imagine being in a family mixed with players on both teams at the same time given the bitterness between the 2 programs.

AlSwearengen
08-09-2014, 04:12 PM
If Fletcher commits to olemiss, I will hope that it is a pretty transparent attempt at a manufactured flip by Mullen to screw with the rebels the way they have screwed with us over and over and over again. I have zero information concerning anything recruiting, so I am just hoping this is the case.

Being a State fan and knowing olemiss, I will be on edge the whole time. I just can't imagine a State family with one son on the team sending another son to olemiss. Unless of course, Nelson is unhappy at State.

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2014, 04:29 PM
If Fletcher commits to olemiss, I will hope that it is a pretty transparent attempt at a manufactured flip by Mullen to screw with the rebels the way they have screwed with us over and over and over again. I have zero information concerning anything recruiting, so I am just hoping this is the case.

Being a State fan and knowing olemiss, I will be on edge the whole time. I just can't imagine a State family with one son on the team sending another son to olemiss. Unless of course, Nelson is unhappy at State.

Completely agree, and, at this point, it seems as though Nelson has had a great time at MSU and is going to play a ton this year.

HoopsDawg
08-09-2014, 04:51 PM

I would be pretty pissed at Mullen for doing something so bush league.

GreenheadDawg
08-09-2014, 05:04 PM

I agree with you Hoop. We are better than that. We should leave that playground shit to freeze

shoeless joe
08-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Holy shit!! Is this what recruiting has come to? We have to tell fans of a program not to go ape shit and personally attack a teen age kid over what school choice he makes?? Are people really this idiotic with this? Give me a break...

defiantdog
08-09-2014, 05:12 PM

I don't think Mullen has anything to do with having Fletcher commit than decommit late only to sign with us. That's not how he works. He has said on multiple occasions how he wants recruits to have the option of signing early to actually alleviate that from happening. Mullen is very upfront and realistic. Freeze pumps sunshine and makes you believe what he wants you to believe. Fletcher is smart enough to tell the difference. He'll choose the school he wants to go to and that's all we can ask.

AlSwearengen
08-09-2014, 05:23 PM

Sometimes you have to punch a bully in the nose to get them to back off. Beating their asses on the field won't stop them from the manufactured flipping, but screwing with their recruiting class might.

The flipping shit runs much deeper than just embarrassing your rival. If we have a commit from a lb for a year and we back off of three or four others and they commit to other schools, then we are wayyyy down the lb board to replace that lb that never intended on attending State.

Todd4State
08-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Holy shit!! Is this what recruiting has come to? We have to tell fans of a program not to go ape shit and personally attack a teen age kid over what school choice he makes?? Are people really this idiotic with this? Give me a break...

Sadly, yes. The fact of the matter is in the past (2011 mainly) we have had things that some of our fans have said on message boards used against us in recruiting.

You are a good poster, so I can understand why this seems a little crazy to you, but it is what it is.

Todd4State
08-09-2014, 05:39 PM

The fact of the matter is recruiting has become a season unto itself. And a lot of it is perception. It's a soap opera for males. That's why some people get put off with it. And I understand that totally. The best way to enjoy recruiting is to follow the players and make your own decisions and evaluations, and I think you would be surprised at how close you are to the "experts".

IF Dan is manufacturing his own flip, I don't think it's so much about "giving them a taste of their own medicence" as much as it is making fun of them for manufacturing flips every year. It's Dan's way of showing them how petty and stupid Ole Miss looks. And if you ask me, I kind of like it.

Pollodawg
08-09-2014, 06:18 PM
The fact of the matter is recruiting has become a season unto itself. And a lot of it is perception. It's a soap opera for males. That's why some people get put off with it. And I understand that totally. The best way to enjoy recruiting is to follow the players and make your own decisions and evaluations, and I think you would be surprised at how close you are to the "experts".

IF Dan is manufacturing his own flip, I don't think it's so much about "giving them a taste of their own medicence" as much as it is making fun of them for manufacturing flips every year. It's Dan's way of showing them how petty and stupid Ole Miss looks. And if you ask me, I kind of like it.

Yep. Fawk with them for a change. But Fletcher is a great kid, smart and talented. I have no worries that his mom and dad raised him right, and he will make the right choice.