PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss M Club confirms they are using Scruggs house

PassInterference
08-09-2014, 08:56 AM
The M Club is using it for a golf tournament. Article says they are not selling tours of the house.

I find it just as tasteless that they are involved with Scruggs, given Scruggs past. It's a smear on their school which is dealing with enough negativity already.

http://yallpolitics.com/index.php/yp/post/38999/

dawgoneyall
08-09-2014, 09:36 AM
That man should have never seen anything other than the 4 walls of a prison cell and been fined his net worth.

What he was doing was absolute coruption and a threat to our legal system.

5 years in jail and he still has his 3/4 billion extorted dollars. Pretty good deal.

deltadawg99
08-09-2014, 10:54 AM
He bribes out of love

Mjoelner34
08-09-2014, 11:01 AM
This is a bigger smear on their school than their name. People are always going to argue over the cause of the war and what 'ole' means but nobody can argue that Scruggs isn't a snake.

Saltydog
08-09-2014, 11:51 AM
surprise Scruggs is still in the fold.......I thought he had been alienated from the university.....Apparently not..........

BeastMan
08-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Sam Hall's follow up article with the CL is even weirder from a standpoint of why they fired back at that y'all politics story as being false http://nmisscommentor.com/law/judicial-bribery/its-not-clear-whats-occurring-at-hottytoddy-com/

Martianlander
08-09-2014, 12:12 PM
How dare any of us question what tsun does******

Political Hack
08-09-2014, 12:12 PM
what he did was unethical but it technically wasn't against the law because it wasn't a "bribe" for a decision on a case, or at least that's the way it was explained to me by DC insiders who were involved. He was essentially loaning money to create relationships, and we all know why he was doing that... but he could've easily gotten off on a technicality if the two sides hadn't accepted the plea deal.

What happens to Scruggs is one thing, but the more concerning impact (to me) would be whether individuals & companies who got screwed by these "purchased" relationships have a right to a new trial. I've never heard anything about that side of it.

starkvegasdawg
08-09-2014, 12:32 PM
what he did was unethical but it technically wasn't against the law because it wasn't a "bribe" for a decision on a case, or at least that's the way it was explained to me by DC insiders who were involved. He was essentially loaning money to create relationships, and we all know why he was doing that... but he could've easily gotten off on a technicality if the two sides hadn't accepted the plea deal.

What happens to Scruggs is one thing, but the more concerning impact (to me) would be whether individuals & companies who got screwed by these "purchased" relationships have a right to a new trial. I've never heard anything about that side of it.
I'm not a lawyer but do people normally do five years for unethical behavior? If I hadn't broken a law no way in hell I accept a five year prison sentence in a plea deal.

Political Hack
08-09-2014, 12:43 PM
I'm not a lawyer but do people normally do five years for unethical behavior? If I hadn't broken a law no way in hell I accept a five year prison sentence in a plea deal.

well, that's what Paul Minor said, refused to plea, and he got much more than five after fighting it. If it goes to a jury, they essentially determine guilt as they see it and the. the judge determines the sentence.