PDA

View Full Version : OleMissGuy says, "Ole is a term of affection in the South..Ole Miss is the same thing

blacklistedbully
08-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Ole is a term of affection in the South.

When someone is referred to as "A good ole boy" it doesn't have a thing to do with his age.

"Here comes Ole Bob" is not a comment on his age, either. There doesn't have to be a "young Bob".

Ole Miss is the same thing. It is an affectionate nickname.

RossDawg82
08-08-2014, 11:16 PM
I agree 100%.

BulldogDX55
08-08-2014, 11:33 PM
Bullshit.

When something is a term of affection in that regard, it is spelled ol'. When used as Ole Miss, it refers to the slave owners wife. OM even had this on their website for a time. Here, watch this clip of people way smarter than us discussing this:

http://youtu.be/haCHyfCCzR0

SDDawg
08-09-2014, 12:15 AM
Exactly right, this is the kind of people they are. Simply not capable of being honest about what's what, that's called a LIAR where I come from...

BeardoMSU
08-09-2014, 12:33 AM
"Good ole boy" is almost universally used to denote a racist. Jesus. WTF world are you guys living in? I know y'all probably call the Civil War "the war of northern aggression" and that "states rights" isn't the same thing as their "right" to own slaves, but damn.....your revisionist history can only take you so far, especially when you're trying to convince people who know more about the topic than you.

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2014, 01:50 AM
Wow, I could have sworn I saw this affectionate term in the lyrics of the Confederate Army's battle hymn that is associated with racism and slavery***

Yes, Ole is a term of affection, but it became offensive when it was used as a symbol for racism & slavery.

Another good example of this same issue is the history of the Swastika: Swastika and symbols allied to it as being representative of order, harmony, eternity, destiny, prosperity, presence of divinity and protection against evil, holiness, purification, fertility, and celestial objects and their activities- most popularly that of the Sun.

In the same way there isn't anything wrong with "Ole Miss" there is nothing wrong with a swastika. However, in the same way Ole Miss became a symbol of racism & slavery, the swastika became a symbol of antisemitism, tyranny, genocide, and the Nazism.

Either way, both have become offensive, non-acceptable symbols in our society, no matter what the initial intent of the phrase or symbol was.

Dixie
by Daniel Decatur Emmett of Mount Vernon, Ohio Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton,
Old times there are not forgotten, (Alt Original: Cinnamon seed and sandy bottom,)
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land.

In Dixie Land, where I was born in,
early on one frosty mornin',
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land.

I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!
In Dixie Land I'll take my stand
to live and die in Dixie.
Away, away, away down south in Dixie.
Away, away, away down south in Dixie

Optional Verses

Ole Missus marry "Will the weaver"
Willum was a gay deceiver
Look away! Look away! Look away!
Dixie Land

But when he put his arm around 'er,
He smiled fierce as a forty pounder,
Dixie Land

His face was sharp as a butcher's cleaver
But that did not seem to grieve 'er
Dixie Land

Ole Missus acted the foolish part
And died for a man that broke her heart
Dixie Land

Now here's a health to the next ole Missus
An' all the gals that want to kiss us;
Dixie Land

But if you want to drive 'way sorrow
Come and hear this song tomorrow
Dixie Land

There's buckwheat cakes and Injun batter,
Makes you fat or a little fatter
Dixie Land

Then hoe it down and scratch your gravel,
To Dixie's Land I'm bound to travel,
Dixie Land

Smitty
08-09-2014, 07:00 AM
"Good ole boy" is almost universally used to denote a racist.

What planet do you live on? I know many people just sit around and look for ANYTHING to be offended by but even this one is a stretch. This is why you people have to be stopped, or we won't have any language left.

Political Hack
08-09-2014, 07:37 AM
it absolutely was an affectionate nickname... for the slave owners wife.

bulldawg28
08-09-2014, 07:48 AM
Lol...The only good thing about it is when it exits the scene.

gravedigger
08-09-2014, 08:33 AM
A convenient definition. And other than being completely inaccurate, a decent try.

PassInterference
08-09-2014, 08:35 AM
And my Johnson is just an appendage.

GreenheadDawg
08-09-2014, 08:49 AM
Bullshit.

When something is a term of affection in that regard, it is spelled ol'. When used as Ole Miss, it refers to the slave owners wife. OM even had this on their website for a time. Here, watch this clip of people way smarter than us discussing this:

http://youtu.be/haCHyfCCzR0

This video makes me laugh every time. That girl is hilarious

blacklistedbully
08-09-2014, 09:37 AM
OleMissGuy strikes again. The level of ignorance is truly astounding. Here is his latest from Rivals.com:

My answer to another poster as to, "Why do I care about this so much?"

I am from Mississippi. and think some of these things are an embarrassment for the entire state, not just Ole Miss. I think it would be good for the whole state's reputation, not just Ole Miss.

LB6870, there's no connection to "Ole Virginia". If it was instead called, "Ole Mississippi", you'd have something, or if Va was called, "Ole Virg", but they're not. "Ole Miss" is very specifically and historically that old slave term.

OleMissGuy's reply:

You have admitted here previously that you live in California and haven't been back to Mississippi in over 30 years.

Miss St is less than 100 miles from Oxford, yet in your mind they have no negative history.

Ole Miss has had black students since 1962. Mississippi State did not admit its first black student until almost 1966. It remained all white for 4 more years, becoming the last holdout in the SEC. Yet you cast stones.

Ole Miss is a Med School, Law School, Pharmacy School, Business School type of university. Miss St is an ag school. Their students still drive old pickups, wear huge belt buckles, dip snuff and wear cowboy hats and boots to class. Seriously, which student body do you think is more likely to be racist. Guess what? It is your rednecks.

Please save us your righteous indignation and uncontrollable hypocrisy. Your agenda is to damage your rival and it is your only agenda.

starkvegasdawg
08-09-2014, 09:46 AM
What a complete tool. I guess in his mind everybody on the tsun campus drives bmw's and Mercedes. I know there can't be one truck on campus. And we're the racist university? Let's see. Were we integrated with the "help" of the military? Did we riot at the last election? Did we hang a noose on the statue of the person that integrated your school in 1962? Was it our student body that heckled cast members of a play until they were in tears? Was it our school that had to ban a song where the whole stadium screamed the south will rise again?

MSUDawg4Life
08-09-2014, 09:52 AM
That guy is a perfect representation of Ole Miss. An embarrassment to decent people, but too stupid to realize it.

The Croom Diaries
08-09-2014, 09:54 AM
I'm not sure when we first admitted a black student or what the point of your post is, but I do know we had our first black football players in 1969 while Ole Miss didn't until 1971. And we hired a black head football coach 10 years ago and they have had three hires since then and haven't gone that direction.

Either way, I'll be glad when all this racist stuff is over and done with for both schools. It's annoying. Why are there debates on who is more or less racist? There are prejudices at both schools by both races by a few folks, but I highly doubt anyone being educated at either one is truly a racist who wishes we still had Jim Crowe laws.

Dawg61
08-09-2014, 09:58 AM
We need to get off this topic guys. It's pulling MSU down to their level.

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-09-2014, 09:58 AM
I dont think good ol boy is racist. I do think that 99% of folks that are referred to as a GOB are racist.

messageboardsuperhero
08-09-2014, 10:01 AM
Isn't this person supposed to be a pastor? That's a lot of hate for a man of God.

Yes, every school or town in the south has SOME negative history with race- but not everyone still openly embraces a slave term term as a nickname or calls themselves the rebels. The problem with UM is that they still embrace their racist past, while pretty much everyone else has let theirs go.

Also, I like his little "MSU is rednecks!1!!!" Rant- considering I know a ton of UM fans who wear boots, cowboy hats, huge belt buckles, drive pickups, and chew snuff. Crunchy Mike disagrees with his statement that MSU is more racist than UM- and if MSU really was more racist, would we really have twice as many African- Americans enrolled than UM?

dickiedawg
08-09-2014, 10:19 AM
Richard Holmes became MSU's first black student in 1965. In 1991, the Holmes Cultural Diversity Center on campus was named after him.

"There were no catcalls, no racial slurs," recalls Holmes, who was 21 at the time. "It was quiet and serene. Nothing happened; there was just curiosity and disbelief."

"But no one ever spit on me, no one hit me, no one pushed me, no one pulled a prank on me," he said. "No student ever closed a door in my face. Some befriended me and treated me with dignity and respect. Many just ignored me."

http://www.msstate.edu/web/media/detail.php?id=2936

Political Hack
08-09-2014, 10:37 AM
did he just call all farmers, people who drive trucks, wear belt buckles, dip, wear boots, and wear cowboy hats racists?

talk about stereotyping... wow.

Political Hack
08-09-2014, 10:39 AM
a fan base that waved rebel flags until the 1990's calling someone else rednecks is hilarious.

BeardoMSU
08-09-2014, 10:43 AM
I dont think good ol boy is racist. I do think that 99% of folks that are referred to as a GOB are racist.

Yeah, my bad; this is exactly what I meant to say.

Obviously I don't think "GOB" is a phrase that offends and should be taken away, Smitty. But throughout my entire life, every time I heard someone being referenced to as a GOB, it was because they were either 1) a racist, or 2) a simpleton redneck (these aren't mutually exclusive either, I suppose), neither of which are anything I'd want to be regarded as.

Now if I was a "country boy" who wears camo and a a belt buckle, drives a pickup, and speaks with a distinct southern accent - who wasn't racist, who wasn't a simpleton, etc. - I'd probably see GOB as offensive, or at least giving the perception of a stereotype that I'd not appreciate being associated with.

BeardoMSU
08-09-2014, 10:48 AM
I'm surprised he didn't drop the ole "Harvard of the South" moniker, lol.

Political Hack
08-09-2014, 10:51 AM
maybe we should congratulate them on being so welcoming.***

Smitty
08-09-2014, 10:53 AM
In my 30+ years I've always regarded GOB as just something that correlates with a hunting/fishing/pickup truck... Race has not once even come into the discussion about that. We have got to stop it with the race stuff and looking for ghosts where there aren't any.

defiantdog
08-09-2014, 10:59 AM
I drove a camry when I went to State

Gordon Gekko
08-09-2014, 11:02 AM
There is no doubt in my mind the origins of the name Ole Miss. But I do believe until all this came to light the vast majority of people would tell you it referred to what the OP was describing, a term of affection for the school. I know that's what I thought it was until a couple years ago. So if words and phrases that used to be benign can evolve into terrible words and phrases that can no longer be uttered without fear of repercussions from the lib PC police, why can't a term that had a different origin change into something that is a term of affection? Some people just want to be offended by everything.

blacklistedbully
08-09-2014, 11:16 AM
There is no doubt in my mind the origins of the name Ole Miss. But I do believe until all this came to light the vast majority of people would tell you it referred to what the OP was describing, a term of affection for the school. I know that's what I thought it was until a couple years ago. So if words and phrases that used to be benign can evolve into terrible words and phrases that can no longer be uttered without fear of repercussions from the lib PC police, why can't a term that had a different origin change into something that is a term of affection? Some people just want to be offended by everything.

I would say a school with the legacy of the Meredith riots (where people were murdered), continues to use, "Rebels", and until just a few years ago chanted, en masse, "The South Shall Rise Again!" at games, is a school that perhaps loses the "benefit of the doubt" when it comes to keeping such a term as, "Ole Miss". Nay, a school with such a horrible legacy should be distancing themselves as much and as fast as they can from such "traditions".

BeardoMSU
08-09-2014, 11:17 AM
In my 30+ years I've always regarded GOB as just something that correlates with a hunting/fishing/pickup truck... Race has not once even come into the discussion about that. We have got to stop it with the race stuff and looking for ghosts where there aren't any.

Well, I guess the "stereotype" is often that of a "redneck", I suppose, but in my experience, from the people I've seen described as "GOB's", I knew that something I never wanted to be called because most of those people were also racists. Now that may not be the standard, but it's certainly there....

Gordon Gekko
08-09-2014, 11:21 AM
I would say a school with the legacy of the Meredith riots (where people were murdered), continues to use, "Rebels", and until just a few years ago chanted, en masse, "The South Shall Rise Again!" at games, is a school that perhaps loses the "benefit of the doubt" when it comes to keeping such a term as, "Ole Miss". Nay, a school with such a horrible legacy should be distancing themselves as much and as fast as they can from such "traditions".

I never said one word about rebels or the south will rise again. I stand by that the vast majority of people would say it is a term of affection. If you guys want to rub the origins in their face to score some kind of points so be it, but I don't think Ole Miss is something to get into a tizzy about.

BeardoMSU
08-09-2014, 11:23 AM
I drove a camry when I went to State

How is that possible?

If you go to state, you're only choice of a career is in agriculture, 'cause we're just "that ag. school".

(he conveniently forgot about engineering, Veterinary Medicine, a number of scientific fields like biology, geology, archaeology, chemistry, etc., and forestry)

BulldogDX55
08-09-2014, 11:26 AM
For the degree I received, most of my classes were on the drill field or engineering row. There were some boots, very few cowboy hats (to the point where they stuck out if there was one, and I can't comment on belt buckles because I wasn't looking at other guys in that region.

Maybe it's different over at the Turf/Ag/PGM schools, but the majority of the student population isn't like that. I graduated about a year ago for reference.

I'd be willing to bet that OleMissGuy has never been on our campus while classes were in session.

blacklistedbully
08-09-2014, 11:29 AM
How is that possible?

If you go to state, you're only choice of a career is in agriculture, 'cause we're just "that ag. school".

(he conveniently forgot about engineering, Veterinary Medicine, a number of scientific fields like biology, geology, archaeology, chemistry, etc., and forestry)

When I went in the 80's we also had the better College of Business, and Architecture. Has that changed?

BSME04
08-09-2014, 11:33 AM
So wait, the dukes of hazard were racists? Childhood...ruined...

blacklistedbully
08-09-2014, 11:35 AM
I never said one word about rebels or the south will rise again. I stand by that the vast majority of people would say it is a term of affection. If you guys want to rub the origins in their face to score some kind of points so be it, but I don't think Ole Miss is something to get into a tizzy about.

Didn't say or infer you did. Just making the point that, considering their particularly ugly past, they should perhaps not be so reluctant to make these changes themselves, and should be far less defensive about it.

These same folks are the ones who like to claim Col Reb was never associated with the Confederacy, and even suggest he was a tribute to on old, blind black man who used to live there. Then you show them pics from the early days of Colonel Reb where he very specifically wore a Confederate uniform, and they disappear from the thread. That, or switch to their standard tactic of, "Yeah, well y'all are just as bad if not worse!".

Gordon Gekko
08-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Didn't say or infer you did. Just making the point that, considering their particularly ugly past, they should perhaps not be so reluctant to make these changes themselves, and should be far less defensive about it.

These same folks are the ones who like to claim Col Reb was never associated with the Confederacy, and even suggest he was a tribute to on old, blind black man who used to live there. Then you show them pics from the early days of Colonel Reb where he very specifically wore a Confederate uniform, and they disappear from the thread.

There's no doubt the rebels and col reb were and always have been confederate symbols. Anyone denying that is not being honest. I see the term Ole Miss differently and regardless of origins I see it as a term of affection. Now, if they want to get rid of it that's their business, but there is plenty of racist stuff we can give them grief over besides the nickname.

CadaverDawg
08-09-2014, 11:56 AM

I agree. It offends me that Certain posters consider "GOB" as simpleton, racist, rednecks. I know a ton of people in MS, and I have several friends that are both black and white in construction, agriculture, etc... And I have black AND white friends that I call GOB's, bc they are just good, down to Earth, salt of the Earth, folks with good morals. I consider that to be a GOB. So who are the liberals to tell MS folks what a GOB should stand for when we made that term to begin with?

Just ridiculous that Good Ol Boy be brought into this discussion at all. Never ceases to amaze me what the PC crowd will bring up next. What a joke.

BeardoMSU
08-09-2014, 12:00 PM
When I went in the 80's we also had the better College of Business, and Architecture. Has that changed?

Yup, my bad, forgot about those 2. I knew I was missing something.

MSUDawg4Life
08-09-2014, 12:00 PM
From freedictionary.com:

good old boy also good ol' boy or good ole boy (http://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/omacr.gifl)n. Slang A man having qualities held to be characteristic of certain Southern white males, such as a relaxed or informal manner, strong loyalty to family and friends, and often an anti-intellectual bias and intolerant point of view.

It's interesting that some of you didn't know good ol' boy had a negative connotation.

CadaverDawg
08-09-2014, 12:06 PM
From freedictionary.com:

good old boy also good ol' boy or good ole boy (http://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/omacr.gifl)n. Slang A man having qualities held to be characteristic of certain Southern white males, such as a relaxed or informal manner, strong loyalty to family and friends, and often an anti-intellectual bias and intolerant point of view.

It's interesting that some of you didn't know good ol' boy had a negative connotation.

Well, by God if free dictionary dot com says it...every person referred to as a good ol boy must be it.*

Smitty
08-09-2014, 12:11 PM
From freedictionary.com:

How long did it take you to find one source on that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_ol'_boy
Wikipedia- only negative is correlated to a good ol boys club... Like the US Senate.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=good+ol%27+boy
Urban dictionary - 9 references NONE to do with race

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/good%20old%20boy
Merriam-Webster - nothing to do with race

You people need to be culturally defeated. You are what divides this country. Nobody born in the last 50 years has any desire for Jim Crow. Nobody dislikes Obama because he's black. Racism has been eliminated for the most part in a historically SHORT amount of time. You see anti-Semitism still rearing its head in Europe and elsewhere in huge numbers. We laugh at the 10 KKKers that protest because they are so far outside of anything acceptable. Celebrate how we have overcome don't drag us through this shit any longer. The small amounts of racism today goes both ways and cancels each other out. People just need something to stir the damn pot and everyone is getting sick of it.

MSUDawg4Life
08-09-2014, 12:13 PM
Well, by God if free dictionary dot com says it...every person referred to as a good ol boy must be it.*

No, that's not what I'm saying. I don't think every person that is labelled a good ol' boy is ignorant and racist. I'm just saying you have to be aware of what many people are thinking when they use the term.

Good ol' boy has had a negative connotation for a long time whether you or the people you know agree with it or not.

CadaverDawg
08-09-2014, 12:15 PM
Good ol' boy has had a negative connotation for a long time whether you or the people you know agree with it or not.

I disagree. And it will take more than a free dictionary clip, likely written by someone outside of the South, to convince me otherwise. But I'm fine with agreeing to disagree.

MSUDawg4Life
08-09-2014, 12:17 PM

Wikipedia- only negative is correlated to a good ol boys club... Like the US Senate.

You people need to be culturally defeated. You are what divides this country. Nobody born in the last 50 years has any desire for Jim Crow. Nobody dislikes Obama because he's black. Racism has been eliminated for the most part in a historically SHORT amount of time. You see anti-Semitism still rearing its head in Europe and elsewhere in huge numbers. We laugh at the 10 KKKers that protest because they are so far outside of anything acceptable. Celebrate how we have overcome don't drag us through this shit any longer. The small amounts of racism today goes both ways and cancels each other out. People just need something to stir the damn pot and everyone is getting sick of it.

Well, the definition I showed didn't mention race either. Anti-intellectual bias. Intolerant point of view. Didn't specifically mention race though.

Statefan
08-09-2014, 12:17 PM
He would probably be very pissed if he found out we strayed from ag and actually made up 1/3 of the medical school class (equal to UM) each year in the state

BeardoMSU
08-09-2014, 12:22 PM
He would probably be very pissed if he found out we strayed from ag and actually made up 1/3 of the medical school class (equal to UM) each year in the state

No to mention we prob send more people to their law program than they do.

FISHDAWG
08-09-2014, 06:42 PM
I just have to say it ... this thread is so full of fail ... I totally agree that Ole is affectionate and has very little to do with racism unless used WITH INTENT in that manner ... jeez guys this is an incredible stretch and quite lame to adamantly argue anything else

bulldawg28
08-09-2014, 09:18 PM
GTHOM....now that was affection.

blacklistedbully
08-09-2014, 10:02 PM
I just have to say it ... this thread is so full of fail ... I totally agree that Ole is affectionate and has very little to do with racism unless used WITH INTENT in that manner ... jeez guys this is an incredible stretch and quite lame to adamantly argue anything else

So, it's ok then for me to go up to any of my black friends and greet them with, "My nigga!"? Or how about, "Hey, boy!" If I mean it with real affection, does that make it OK? Sure, they might find it demeaning, and perhaps get pissed, but that's THEIR problem for not factoring in my intent, right?

Also, you can't single out the, "Ole'. It's not the "Ole" that makes it offensive to anyone. it's the "Ole Miss", which is, without dispute, a term slaves used to describe the wife of a plantation owner. When you are a school with the terrible history and track record on race relations Ole Miss has, you've really got no business dismissing out-of-hand the opinion of others, in particular minorities on this matter. It's frankly insulting to insist that there's no connection whatsoever, regardless of what it means to them today.

PassInterference
08-09-2014, 10:17 PM
Saw a guy today wearing this tshirt. FWIW.

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mR35lnn0lLVat6qlXSrJp8w.jpg

BeardoMSU
08-09-2014, 10:32 PM
I disagree. And it will take more than a free dictionary clip, likely written by someone outside of the South, to convince me otherwise. But I'm fine with agreeing to disagree.

And for the record, Cadaver, I wasn't saying that "GOB" automatically denotes a racist or an intellectual rube, I know I didn't make that perfectly clear with my first post, and for that I apologize. And I'm not trying to be a "lib PC police".

I did, however, mean to note that there is a very real stereotype that exists with that phrase, and regardless of what you, me, or anyone has known personally that phrase to imply, it is often regarded as a label that is not too flattering.

tcdog70
08-09-2014, 10:52 PM

Absolutely agree with You. It actually makes me sick that some of these post might actually come MSU graduates. some stupid shit in this thread.

MSUDawg4Life
08-09-2014, 10:57 PM
And for the record, Cadaver, I wasn't saying that "GOB" automatically denotes a racist or an intellectual rube, I know I didn't make that perfectly clear with my first post, and for that I apologize. And I'm not trying to be a "lib PC police".

I did, however, mean to note that there is a very real stereotype that exists with that phase, and regardless of what you, me, or anyone has known personally that phrase to imply, it is often regarded as a label that is not too flattering.

Exactly. That was my point also. The stereotype exists whether they "disagree" or not.

PassInterference
08-09-2014, 11:02 PM
I am completely certain that most Ole Miss fans use "Ole Miss", rebel flags, "the south will rise again", and other old south shit as affectionate expressions of school spirit.

Unfortunately, those things are a dagger in the heart of people who's family tree was persecuted or killed by such things. And for that reason, that stuff should be expelled.

To insist that those things should stay in the name of school spirit is to say school spirit is more important than respect and empathy for racial injustice that occurred here.

Penn State, different topic.

Smitty
08-09-2014, 11:21 PM
Exactly. That was my point also. The stereotype exists whether they "disagree" or not.

Maybe in warped minds. It's a very small number that actually links GOB to race. Far less than the sandy ******s about the redskins.

Smitty
08-09-2014, 11:22 PM
Absolutely agree with You. It actually makes me sick that some of these post might actually come MSU graduates. some stupid shit in this thread.

Agreed.

BeardoMSU
08-09-2014, 11:28 PM
Maybe in warped minds. It's a very small number that actually links GOB to race. Far less than the sandy ******s about the redskins.

Warped minds? Pa-leeze, Smitty.....

And do me a favor and justify how the name "redskin" isn't a blatant racial slur. And please don't pull out the "well, I'm 1/8th native american, and it doesn't offend me" crap.

PassInterference
08-09-2014, 11:33 PM
How many Indians think "Redskins" is racist? I'm asking because 1) I don't know, and 2) every single person I've heard talk about "Redskins" being racist wasn't American Indian.

chainedup_Dawg
08-10-2014, 12:01 AM

You people!? What do you mean, "You people"!?

Sorry, I had to.

I honestly don't care either way but it is etertaining to watch them squirm and fight with each other over it.

However, I will say, watching them wave rebel flags as they walk down the square today tells me all I need to know about where their head is at. You can say "it's heritage, not hate" all you want but we all know you're full of shit.

bulldawg28
08-10-2014, 06:42 AM
It's downright insane for one heritage to commit murder against another using symbols as fear and intimidation and think now it's ok? You can't rewrite history and the truth behind words and symbols just as you can't bring back those dead and assaulted victims. Human beings can be so intelligent yet so stupid at the same time. THERE IS NOTHING OK ABOUT "OLE MISS OR THE FLAGS". If that's considered proud heritage your proud of being succeeded from rational thinking. Great job I say to you. Every SEC school should use this against them in recruiting.