PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Danley

defiantdog
08-08-2014, 09:01 AM
.... has said he was going to make a decision today at 10am. This would be a huge OT pickup.

bulldogsmsu
08-08-2014, 09:14 AM
I hope your right. This article came out yesterday and projected a september decision. I would be cool with him comitting to us today though!

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/08/07/craziness-deciding-factor-for-jamal-danley/13728135/

engie
08-08-2014, 09:16 AM
Fingers crossed...

thf24
08-08-2014, 09:25 AM
Seems like it's us if he has the grades, OU if not. Robbie crystal balled him to us earlier this week, so I feel pretty good about it.

archdog
08-08-2014, 09:32 AM
Seems like it's us if he has the grades, OU if not. Robbie crystal balled him to us earlier this week, so I feel pretty good about it.

Can anyone get some measurables on this guy from the recruiting sites. Which line spot does he play and rating?

dickiedawg
08-08-2014, 09:44 AM
6'5 310.
This is a huge impact JUCO OL, a position that we will lose 5 seniors. (Day, Clausell, Beckwith, Robinson and Muniz)
My fingers are crossed.

Bo Darville
08-08-2014, 09:46 AM
a position that we will lose 5 seniors. (Day, Clausell, Beckwith, Robinson and Muniz)

That is why I think a big JUCO recruit is important (Danley being the guy hopefully). We will start 3 or 4 of the above mentioned guys. All 5 will be on the two-deep.

Bully13
08-08-2014, 10:04 AM

what confuses me is this grades shit. hell, he's got offers from UMASS, UF and Temple for crying out loud. I've never seen a situation where others say his grades are ok but with us there are question marks. that just doesn't make sense.

RiverCityDawg
08-08-2014, 10:09 AM
what confuses me is this grades shit. hell, he's got offers from UMASS, UF and Temple for crying out loud. I've never seen a situation where others say his grades are ok but with us there are question marks. that just doesn't make sense.

It's an SEC thing, so UF are in the same boat. Our league has (more) rules in place about JUCO's progress towards a specific degree as opposed to just credit hours.

Big4Dawg
08-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Its not that he has grades issues, the rumor is that he could just enroll in OU in December and would have to take an extra math class to enroll in an SEC school. Same reason we lost Leon Mackey to Texas Tech in 2011.

msstate7
08-08-2014, 10:24 AM
10:24 am.... What's up?

headcoach98
08-08-2014, 10:29 AM
If he's announcing today then its has to be us!

maroonmania
08-08-2014, 10:30 AM
Its not that he has grades issues, the rumor is that he could just enroll in OU in December and would have to take an extra math class to enroll in an SEC school. Same reason we lost Leon Mackey to Texas Tech in 2011.

I am REALLY getting sick of this issue. I could understand this the first year or two this rule went into effect but do the MS JUCO schools have NO academic counselors? It should be pretty obvious to the JUCO players what they need to take at this point if they want to get into an SEC school by Dec of their 2nd year. Getting sort of pissed that we are continuing to lose players to the Big 12 over this.

C222
08-08-2014, 10:34 AM
10:24 am.... What's up?

Changed his mind. Not committing today.

Big4Dawg
08-08-2014, 10:34 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuhsUDqIcAAf2A7.jpg

Bully13
08-08-2014, 10:39 AM
well furk.

msstate7
08-08-2014, 10:40 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuhsUDqIcAAf2A7.jpg

Oklahoma probably talked him into this delay. I still think we get him in the end

Bully13
08-08-2014, 10:41 AM
he's visiting us TWICE during this period and the rest only once? anybody think there's any significance to the exclamation point behind us? hmmmm..

msstate7
08-08-2014, 10:48 AM
he's visiting us TWICE during this period and the rest only once? anybody think there's any significance to the exclamation point behind us? hmmmm..

Emphasizing it's an unofficial visit imo

sandwolf
08-08-2014, 10:50 AM
I am REALLY getting sick of this issue. I could understand this the first year or two this rule went into effect but do the MS JUCO schools have NO academic counselors? It should be pretty obvious to the JUCO players what they need to take at this point if they want to get into an SEC school by Dec of their 2nd year. Getting sort of pissed that we are continuing to lose players to the Big 12 over this.

I don't think its always an issue of the players not knowing what they need to take......I think a lot of times, they just don't want to take the extra math class. What pisses me off is that the SEC is any more difficult for a JUCO guy to get into than any of the other major conferences. It just doesn't make sense for us to turn away good players that the other major conferences will take.

defiantdog
08-08-2014, 10:57 AM
This recruitment may turn out interesting.

starkvegasdawg
08-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Stoops must have had a last minute fundraiser.

maroonmania
08-08-2014, 11:04 AM
I don't think its always an issue of the players not knowing what they need to take......I think a lot of times, they just don't want to take the extra math class. What pisses me off is that the SEC is any more difficult for a JUCO guy to get into than any of the other major conferences. It just doesn't make sense for us to turn away good players that the other major conferences will take.

Wasn't Khayat the one that pushed so hard to make it difficult for JUCOs to get in because Jackie was winning with JUCOs at the time? I seem to remember something like that. Right after we won the West they changed several rules to make it more difficult for a "non-power" SEC school to make the championship game. One was the change from 2 permanent opponents out of the other division to 1 (in 98 we had KY and a bad SC program as our permanents and Vandy rotated on with them) and I believe the other was the change in entrance requirements for JUCOs which JWS was making a living off of. And then of course the coup d'etat was sicking the NCAA investigation on us to assist with shutting us down.

msstate7
08-08-2014, 11:07 AM

Oklahoma scares me. I do like that Danley will be here to open the new stadium to witness us thrash usm and the aTm game (very important for another reason now).

Danley will be on campus when oklahoma travels to Tulsa

sandwolf
08-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Wasn't Khayat the one that pushed so hard to make it difficult for JUCOs to get in because Jackie was winning with JUCOs at the time? I seem to remember something like that. Right after we won the West they changed several rules to make it more difficult for a "non-power" SEC school to make the championship game. One was the change from 2 permanent opponents out of the other division to 1 (in 98 we had KY and a bad SC program as our permanents and Vandy rotated on with them) and I believe the other was the change in entrance requirements for JUCOs which JWS was making a living off of. And then of course the coup d'etat was sicking the NCAA investigation on us to assist with shutting us down.

I am not sure. For some reason, I thought that this more recently than that.....and I was thinking that it was around the same time that the Big 10 was taking digs at us about our academic standards. But that could be completely wrong.

MarketingBully01
08-08-2014, 11:13 AM

Really stupid on his part if this is indeed what happened. It hurts them just as much as us.

maroonmania
08-08-2014, 11:16 AM
I am not sure. For some reason, I thought that this more recently than that.....and I was thinking that it was around the same time that the Big 10 was taking digs at us about our academic standards. But that could be completely wrong.

You may be right. I am absolutely certain there were JUCO entrance requirement changes back at the time I was talking about in the late 90s but it may not have been this exact change for making specific classes mandatory.

MarketingBully01
08-08-2014, 11:20 AM
Oklahoma scares me. I do like that Danley will be here to open the new stadium and witness us thrash usm and the aTm game (very important for another reason now).

Danley will be on campus when oklahoma travels to Tulsa

Yeah, they are the biggest threat for Danley. I would say odds are 70/30 between us and Oklahoma. I doubt he takes the visit to Florida. Really the only visits he needs to take IMO are us and Oklahoma because those are the only two schools he is seriously considering. We have friends, family, close to home and he likes our staff and players on our side. In the end, odds are really good he chooses us.

Raytoraid83
08-08-2014, 11:28 AM
According to Paul, Danley was just trying to secure a spot with us. Now he'll take his visits but be a dawg. I know things could change between now and then, but how far have we come as a program that people have to try to get on board in AUGUST before the boat gets full.

HoopsDawg
08-08-2014, 11:31 AM

Hevesey must have called him.

HoopsDawg
08-08-2014, 11:33 AM
According to Paul, Danley was just trying to secure a spot with us. Now he'll take his visits but be a dawg. I know things could change between now and then, but how far have we come as a program that people have to try to get on board in AUGUST before the boat gets full.

Umm, no. Danley has a spot right until the end with us. He is a KEY recruit.

War Machine Dawg
08-08-2014, 11:38 AM
It would appear his handlers want mo' money. Only reason to delay the announcement. Cam Newton all over aGAIN.

AlSwearengen
08-08-2014, 11:43 AM
khayat made things more difficult for jucos entering the sec b/c of jackie. i don't know if those rules changes come into play with danley b/c i don't remember what they were exactly. At the time, olemiss was acting like they were the "harvard of the south" and they had a lot of lilly white private school kids on their team and jackie was signing the "thug" juco players.

I imagine that these days, with the way olemiss recruits and hepps so many players that they are regretting what khayat did.

HoopsDawg
08-08-2014, 11:52 AM
It would appear his handlers want mo' money. Only reason to delay the announcement. Cam Newton all over aGAIN.

Pretty much 100% inaccurate.

maroonmania
08-08-2014, 12:01 PM

I certainly hope this is tongue in cheek on a guy that we are actively recruiting and very much need.

Covercorner2
08-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Umm, no. Danley has a spot right until the end with us. He is a KEY recruit.

Umm, I think he is saying the only reason Danley was going to commit so soon is to secure a spot. BUT since he IS such a key recruit he now knows he doesn't have to secure a spot, we will always have room, and he can wait

HoopsDawg
08-08-2014, 12:34 PM
Umm, I think he is saying the only reason Danley was going to commit so soon is to secure a spot. BUT since he IS such a key recruit he now knows he doesn't have to secure a spot, we will always have room, and he can wait

Well, he would be dead wrong and you are for defending him since Danley was going to commit to Oklahoma today.

Bully13
08-08-2014, 12:37 PM
Not good WMD. you should know better. not good.

Paul Jones
08-08-2014, 12:40 PM

Someone was asking me why a recruit would commit somewhere but still want to take all of his visits. I said so they could secure a spot at a school, which is normally the case. Danley has a spot at MSU and Oklahoma, Florida, etc all the way to the end, especially if he maintains track of being a Dec grad. Just wanted to clarify.
Strange situation today, to say the least. But ahh, recruiting.

BeastMan
08-08-2014, 12:45 PM

I'm not calling you out but this is a horribly stupid post. It indicates that you have absolutely zero idea what's going on in this recruitment. That is absolutely not the case in the slightest. Please refrain from these types of post. Kindly, BeastMan.

jumbo
08-08-2014, 12:49 PM

false. he wanted to commit to Oklahoma, his dad said let's wait on the decision.

Eric Nies Grind Time
08-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Danley is saying Oklahoma is showing him more love. Hevesy slacking again.

BeastMan
08-08-2014, 12:51 PM

Hughes is the lead on Danley and arguably the best recruiter on the staff

jumbo
08-08-2014, 12:51 PM

Hughes is his primary recruiter

edit: dammit beast

Eric Nies Grind Time
08-08-2014, 12:55 PM
Hughes probably wrapped it all up and let Hevesy have the last couple of minutes of the phone call. Hevesy is Andy Bernard from the Office.

HoopsDawg
08-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Hughes is the lead on Danley and arguably the best recruiter on the staff

the position coach always plays a huge part in the recruitment either directly or indirectly. this is common sense. but if you need more than common sense, it was also proven in a survey of recruits and their top factors in choosing a school. Their position coach always ranked very high on their lists.

defiantdog
08-08-2014, 01:04 PM
false. he wanted to commit to Oklahoma, his dad said let's wait on the decision.

Wow.... I didn't know you were in the room when he decided to wait. Are you on the coaching staff there? Why do you think he was going to commit to Oklahoma today? Because he already visited them.... oh wait, he hasn't even been to Oklahoma yet.

jumbo
08-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Wow.... I didn't know you were in the room when he decided to wait. Are you on the coaching staff there? Why do you think he was going to commit to Oklahoma today? Because he already visited them.... oh wait, he hasn't even been to Oklahoma yet.

just relaying what Danley told Paul jackass. kids commit to schools without visiting all the time. Chason Virgil had not been on our campus until big dawg, which was after his commitment. Cord Sandberg commited before he visited us as well.

DCdawg
08-08-2014, 01:13 PM

From what I saw when I was in JUCO, coaches just want to keep players eligible. Half of the classes they take don't transfer (softball theory for example).

gtowndawg
08-08-2014, 01:20 PM
Hughes probably wrapped it all up and let Hevesy have the last couple of minutes of the phone call. Hevesy is Andy Bernard from the Office.

I'm told by others in the know Hevesy is actually one of our best recruiters and we've signed every lineman we really wanted. Except for the ones that flipped at the last minute but we didn't really want them.

coastie
08-08-2014, 01:23 PM
It sounds like someone convinced him to just wait and take his time.... still sounds good for us though considering he's visiting us twice

DudyDawg
08-08-2014, 01:26 PM
I'm told by others in the know Hevesy is actually one of our best recruiters and we've signed every lineman we really wanted. Except for the ones that flipped at the last minute but we didn't really want them.
That was as Ole Miss of an opinion as it gets. Every lineman? Yeah, not every single one

sandwolf
08-08-2014, 01:45 PM
That was as Ole Miss of an opinion as it gets. Every lineman? Yeah, not every single one

I am pretty sure that he forgot his sarcasteriks.

Rick Danko
08-08-2014, 01:45 PM

I think he forgot these ****

DudyDawg
08-08-2014, 01:59 PM
I think he forgot these ****

Ha, let's hope so

maroonmania
08-08-2014, 02:22 PM

Dang, if this is really true, and I have no idea if it is, then maybe we need to put more emphasis on Rankin. There is not a huge difference between the two and we definitely need a JUCO OT this year. I mean if Danley is willing (are almost willing) to commit out to OK now without even visiting them over the hometown school that really needs him and is in the better conference then we may have to reassess our priorities in recruiting. I don't want to screw around and miss on both of them.

Dirtbagdawg
08-08-2014, 02:42 PM
This guy is really starting to piss me off. Make up your damn mind you're a grown
Man you're not 17.

maroonmania
08-08-2014, 02:51 PM
Here is the latest on Danley apparently----

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The top-ranked JUCO offensive tackle reverted back to his old plans, announcing on Twitter that he will take his visits before deciding on a school.

But Danley had plans to commit to Oklahoma.

He said his coach and father advised him to wait, and convinced him to take his visits.

"They just told me it was a major decision and I should take my time," he said. "I was ready to go."

Danley said Oklahoma is recruiting him "the hardest by far," which is what sets the Sooners apart.

"Mississippi State just needs to start showing a little more love," Danley said when asked what the Bulldogs needed to do to catch Oklahoma. "I talk to Oklahoma multiple times per day."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO, either this guy is not nearly the priority for this class for our coaches that the recruiting gurus make him out to be OR we are doing a lousy job of recruiting him. The latter would be very believable to me given our track record on getting highly recruited OL to pull the trigger for us.

coastie
08-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Here is the latest on Danley apparently----

quote:

The top-ranked JUCO offensive tackle reverted back to his old plans, announcing on Twitter that he will take his visits before deciding on a school.

But Danley had plans to commit to Oklahoma.

He said his coach and father advised him to wait, and convinced him to take his visits.

"They just told me it was a major decision and I should take my time," he said. "I was ready to go."

Danley said Oklahoma is recruiting him "the hardest by far," which is what sets the Sooners apart.

"Mississippi State just needs to start showing a little more love," Danley said when asked what the Bulldogs needed to do to catch Oklahoma. "I talk to Oklahoma multiple times per day."

SO, either this guy is not nearly the priority for this class for our coaches that the recruiting gurus make him out to be OR we are doing a lousy job of recruiting him. The latter would be very believable to me given our track record on getting highly recruited OL to pull the trigger for us.

Maybe our bagmen got to his dad then haha

thf24
08-08-2014, 02:55 PM

Is it just me, or does that seem like a little excessive? I know I wouldn't want to spend time talking to a perspective school "multiple times per day." Although I guess if that's what he wants, we need to be doing it.

ShotgunDawg
08-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Is it just me, or does that seem like a little excessive? I know I wouldn't want to spend time talking to a perspective school "multiple times per day." Although I guess if that's what he wants, we need to be doing it.

I gotta be honest here for just a moment: I really want Danley to come to MSU, but not as a needy, must always have attention player. Is this about getting to the NFL and playing in front of your family or is this about who is showing the most love?

I could care less what Oklahoma is doing, but Danley's response to is not typical of players that have are successful.

Again, I really want Danley, but I'm not sure I want this. I want a Danley that is all about football, ready to come here and plow holes, and could care less about how much "love" the coaching staff is offering him.

Can you imagine Bill Parcell's response to that quote? Keep in mind that Danley is a JUCO player, not a 17-18 year old HS kid.

MarketingBully01
08-08-2014, 03:17 PM
just relaying what Danley told Paul jackass. kids commit to schools without visiting all the time. Chason Virgil had not been on our campus until big dawg, which was after his commitment. Cord Sandberg commited before he visited us as well.

Gotta love it when peeps use bad examples. How did that Cord Sandberg commit and signing work out for us?

jumbo
08-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Gotta love it when peeps use bad examples. How did that Cord Sandberg commit and signing work out for us?

draw whatever parallels you want between the two, simply stating that Danley (had he pull the trigger for OU) would not have been the first kid to ever commit to a school without visiting

maroonmania
08-08-2014, 03:37 PM
draw whatever parallels you want between the two, simply stating that Danley (had he pull the trigger for OU) would not have been the first kid to ever commit to a school without visiting

All today showed me is that NO MSU fan should get their hopes up on Danley at this point.

Todd4State
08-08-2014, 03:57 PM
First of all, I would like to have him, but a lot of his recruitment is being manufactured by the recruiting web sites.

Before anyone gets too worked up one way or the other.

And I think he goes to Oklahoma because of the JUCO rules and etc. Just my two cents.

DudyDawg
08-08-2014, 04:18 PM
I gotta be honest here for just a moment: I really want Danley to come to MSU, but not as a needy, must always have attention player. Is this about getting to the NFL and playing in front of your family or is this about who is showing the most love?

I could care less what Oklahoma is doing, but Danley's response to is not typical of players that have are successful.

Again, I really want Danley, but I'm not sure I want this. I want a Danley that is all about football, ready to come here and plow holes, and could care less about how much "love" the coaching staff is offering him.

Can you imagine Bill Parcell's response to that quote? Keep in mind that Danley is a JUCO player, not a 17-18 year old HS kid.

I don't have a problem with the love. Kids out of highschool, JUCO, hell, even Dixon and Brandon Weeden coming from baseball, are making an investment in their future. And the people showing "love" are the people they feel are investing in their future with them. No problem with it. People want to be cared about and know they'll be taken care of

sandwolf
08-08-2014, 04:20 PM
First of all, I would like to have him, but a lot of his recruitment is being manufactured by the recruiting web sites.

Do what? I was under the impression that he did all of this via social media. How did the recruiting websites manufacture that?

Or are you saying that the recruiting websites have made him out to be a higher priority than he really is? Because I wouldn't buy that either.......we are graduating the majority of our starting O-line and based on who is recruiting him, Danley is obviously a legitimate prospect.

ShotgunDawg
08-08-2014, 04:26 PM
I don't have a problem with the love. Kids out of highschool, JUCO, hell, even Dixon and Brandon Weeden coming from baseball, are making an investment in their future. And the people showing "love" are the people they feel are investing in their future with them. No problem with it. People want to be cared about and know they'll be taken care of

I have no idea that we are showing him "love", but it's a little overboard for someone to need it twice a day and pick a school on the basis of that. I believe players have a much greater chance of having success when they pick a school for the right reasons.

DudyDawg
08-08-2014, 04:31 PM
I have no idea that we are showing him "love", but it's a little overboard for someone to need it twice a day and pick a school on the basis of that. I believe players have a much greater chance of having success when they pick a school for the right reasons.

I don't disagree with that last sentence at all. I'm just saying, him saying that he's leaning to OU because they're showing him more love is not a cause to think he is a "needy" person. Just feels like they are a better place to invest his future in right now.

gtowndawg
08-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Ha, let's hope so'

Thought everyone was on their A game today and it wouldn't be needed.

Dawg61
08-08-2014, 04:58 PM
I love football recruiting and recruits needing constant attention like I love getting my balls slammed in the car door.

ShotgunDawg
08-08-2014, 05:16 PM
With Tony Hughes being the lead recruiter for him, does anyone really believe that we aren't showing him the exact amount of attention that we want to?

I can assure you that MSU isn't being outworked here, and it ridiculous and uneducated for anyone to really believe that.

Todd4State
08-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Do what? I was under the impression that he did all of this via social media. How did the recruiting websites manufacture that?

Or are you saying that the recruiting websites have made him out to be a higher priority than he really is? Because I wouldn't buy that either.......we are graduating the majority of our starting O-line and based on who is recruiting him, Danley is obviously a legitimate prospect.

By constantly doing stories and updates on him. I've seen more on him than probably any other prospect committed or uncommitted this year.

Sometimes these recruiting people get to know players and their family members and they decide that they "like" them as people. There's nothing wrong with that, and it's human nature to do so. But it also introduces bias.

That's not to say that Danley isn't a priority or a legitimate prospect- he is. But my point to all of this is Danley's recruitment is going to be hyped up. And our fans need to understand that it's just part of how recruiting is and the recruiting web site culture is.

Pokerdawg44
08-08-2014, 05:47 PM
How many times have you seen a recruit be interviewed and they say Msu is recruiting him the hardest and showing the most love. Nobody on here calls those guys needy. This guy is being tabbed the #1 juco OT and we're competing with OU and FL. The track record with highly rated OL prospects isn't very impressive and the last thing I want to hear in an interview is that were noot showing him enough love. We lose several OLmen next yr including our starting LT and possible our starting RT. Show the guy the love he needs or dont recruit against OU and FL. I know we dont like entitled pplayers but its the #1 jc ot. Pulling him wont be easy. No need to call him needy over some stupid interview and saying we dont want him now bc we NEED him after losing what we lose next yr. We lost out on a commit last yr to ncstate, and lost a jc guy to usm. We lost a guy tooo Louisville earlier this yr and things arent promising with j Patterson. Our oL recruitment has been the only thing suspect about this staff and then you see this article from a HUGE PRIORITY. this OL recruitment is getting old. We probably need him more than he needs us. If we dont get him then fine but I hope its not bc we didn't show him enough love.

Todd4State
08-08-2014, 05:58 PM
How many times have you seen a recruit be interviewed and they say Msu is recruiting him the hardest and showing the most love. Nobody on here calls those guys needy. This guy is being tabbed the #1 juco OT and we're competing with OU and FL. The track record with highly rated OL prospects isn't very impressive and the last thing I want to hear in an interview is that were noot showing him enough love. We lose several OLmen next yr including our starting LT and possible our starting RT. Show the guy the love he needs or dont recruit against OU and FL. I know we dont like entitled pplayers but its the #1 jc ot. Pulling him wont be easy. No need to call him needy over some stupid interview and saying we dont want him now bc we NEED him after losing what we lose next yr. We lost out on a commit last yr to ncstate, and lost a jc guy to usm. We lost a guy tooo Louisville earlier this yr and things arent promising with j Patterson. Our oL recruitment has been the only thing suspect about this staff and then you see this article from a HUGE PRIORITY. this OL recruitment is getting old. We probably need him more than he needs us. If we dont get him then fine but I hope its not bc we didn't show him enough love.

To be fair, Norman Price followed his girlfriend to USM. Probably not a very smart move on his part from a football standpoint.

msstate7
08-08-2014, 05:59 PM
To be fair, Norman Price followed his girlfriend to USM. Probably not a very smart move on his part from a football standpoint.

Wonder if he'll be starting for our game

HoopsDawg
08-08-2014, 06:14 PM
With Tony Hughes being the lead recruiter for him, does anyone really believe that we aren't showing him the exact amount of attention that we want to?

I can assure you that MSU isn't being outworked here, and it ridiculous and uneducated for anyone to really believe that.

That's just what Danley is saying.

ShotgunDawg
08-08-2014, 06:27 PM
That's just what Danley is saying.

Then why do we question our staff'a when none of us have likely ever seen Danley play or have any idea how to properly evaluate offensive linemen?

I can assure that our staff has strategy with Danley and they adjust accordingly.

Plus, we aren't at practice to know if Danley is any better than what we already have. The point is that we don't know. Coaches can't talk about recruits.

The biggest problem with recruiting sites is that they give us just enough info to make us think we know what's going on when we really have no clue.

If anyone ever played a sport at a high level and then coached a youth team with a kid on it that's dad played the same sport in high school, you know what I'm talking about.

hailmari
08-08-2014, 06:35 PM
The only bad reason for him potentially picking OU is distance. This is a big time offer at a big time program where he has a great shot of starting next year. We shouldn't be so surprised that a MS kid would be interested in going to Oklahoma. Not to mention he'd be able to start there a semester sooner. So he has almost as many "right reasons" for going to OU as he does State. If he chooses State, it'll be because he really wants to play in his state.

HoopsDawg
08-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Then why do we question our staff'a when none of us have likely ever seen Danley play or have any idea how to properly evaluate offensive linemen?

I can assure that our staff has strategy with Danley and they adjust accordingly.

Plus, we aren't at practice to know if Danley is any better than what we already have. The point is that we don't know. Coaches can't talk about recruits.

The biggest problem with recruiting sites is that they give us just enough info to make us think we know what's going on when we really have no clue.

If anyone ever played a sport at a high level and then coached a youth team with a kid on it that's dad played the same sport in high school, you know what I'm talking about.

I'm sorry, I really don't know where you going with this post or the previous post. The staff wants Danley. OU is recruiting him harder. We need to step it up. It's as simple as that.

ShotgunDawg
08-08-2014, 07:22 PM
I'm sorry, I really don't know where you going with this post or the previous post. The staff wants Danley. OU is recruiting him harder. We need to step it up. It's as simple as that.

Danimal... is this you?

You seem to claim to KNOW a lot, but how do you know?