PDA

View Full Version : Jalen Bates

preachermatt83
08-07-2014, 10:49 PM
From the Twitters..

TruMaroonNation? ‏@TruMaroonNation ? 59s
Louisiana DE Jalen Bates (offers from Ariz St, OM, Michigan, TxTech) will commit on 9/26. Says State would be 'really hard to turn down'.

BeardoMSU
08-07-2014, 10:53 PM
How many starz does he have?***********(~)

War Machine Dawg
08-07-2014, 11:10 PM
From the Twitters..

TruMaroonNation? ‏@TruMaroonNation ? 59s
Louisiana DE Jalen Bates (offers from Ariz St, OM, Michigan, TxTech) will commit on 9/26. Says State would be 'really hard to turn down'.

Pretty solid offer list. What's his 247 composite? Not that it matters to me, I'm sold that our staff knows what they're doing in 'crootin.

TheRef
08-07-2014, 11:13 PM
Pretty solid offer list. What's his 247 composite? Not that it matters to me, I'm sold that our staff knows what they're doing in 'crootin.

3-Star composite: http://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Bates-56973

Dawg61
08-07-2014, 11:54 PM
Like him already

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/704/977/2977704.jpg

He'll be a monster after 4-5 years in Court's session

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/65/988/2988065.jpg

hailmari
08-08-2014, 12:49 AM
I like his video on hudl. He doesn't blow up linemen or anything but he gets loose and makes tackles really well. Quick, athletic type.

DistrictDawg92
08-08-2014, 01:42 AM
If it means anything, Paul jones has said that he has seen two 3 and dones in Big Dawg Camp and they were Chris Jones and Jalen Bates. Would be very nice to get a big time pure rush end committed gentlemen, this 2015 class is something else.

defiantdog
08-08-2014, 09:02 AM
This one definitely depends on whether LSU makes an offer or not

Westdawg
08-08-2014, 09:06 AM
he is built a LOT like Fletcher Cox was in high school. great speed, footwork, frame, and already naturally strong with great length. and just like Fletcher, Bates will BLOW UP if he gets in a school that adds quality S/C and bulk to that frame.

Brahmabull
08-08-2014, 09:32 AM
This guy is better than a 3 star player. Legit DE pass rusher.

Hypnodawg
08-08-2014, 10:50 AM
What is his wing span? Those arms look freakishly long.

Dirtbagdawg
08-08-2014, 02:36 PM
What a lot of people don't know is that Bates is ahead of fletcher
Adams on our coaches board. And that's coming straight from
Coach turner. Obviously they will take both but if they
Had to choose one it would be bates. He's a freak. Also, turner doesn't really
Know what to do with Adams. A bit of a tweener between DE and DT. I know a lot
Of people don't want to hear that, but it's true.

Covercorner2
08-08-2014, 02:53 PM

How does Gabe Campbell fit into the picture?

coastie
08-08-2014, 03:03 PM
He is underrated as a 3 star

Dirtbagdawg
08-08-2014, 03:10 PM
How does Gabe Campbell fit into the picture?

Gabe will have a spot until signing day. His upside is tremendous. I think he'll
End up at MSU in the end, but will enjoy the process for a few more months. I saw him in person
At one of the spring practices and he's very lean. Could play end or tackle in college.

Todd4State
08-08-2014, 04:07 PM

I'm not sure that Bates and Adams really are the same as far as position, so to me it's kind of hard to compare the two. We'll know what Fletcher is in a year or so.

Brahmabull
08-08-2014, 04:11 PM
Our coaches really want to get Bates in the boat b/c they believe he could blow up ala Chris Jones his senior year. Kid is way under-rated!

CadaverDawg
08-08-2014, 04:54 PM

So tell me what good it does to post this about Adams? You always need depth on the D-Line...and Adams is a stud. We don't just want one of them, we want both, so why try to act like Adams is not a priority? Think about what you're throwing out here in a public forum man

AlSwearengen
08-08-2014, 05:05 PM
So tell me what good it does to post this about Adams? You always need depth on the D-Line...and Adams is a stud. We don't just want one of them, we want both, so why try to act like Adams is not a priority? Think about what you're throwing out here in a public forum man

Makes no sense. They are surely different positions. Bates a weak side de, Adams a dot, and gabe a strong side de.

Dirtbagdawg
08-08-2014, 11:47 PM

I'm not "throwing" anything out there. That's fact. This is a 17 message board guy. I never said he wasn't a priority. Just that bates was ahead of him. Bates is a freak and has way more upside. But, I'm sure you know more than our coaches...

Dirtbagdawg
08-08-2014, 11:50 PM
Makes no sense. They are surely different positions. Bates a weak side de, Adams a dot, and gabe a strong side de.

Turner has no f'n idea what he is going to do with Adams don't label the kid as a Tackle when Turner doesn't even know yet.

Alldawg
08-08-2014, 11:52 PM
Just stirring the pot I am sure

CadaverDawg
08-08-2014, 11:53 PM
I'm not "throwing" anything out there. That's fact. This is a 17 message board guy. I never said he wasn't a priority. Just that bates was ahead of him. Bates is a freak and has way more upside. But, I'm sure you know more than our coaches...

You're the one acting like you know it all, GUY. You don't say shit on a public forum that could hurt our recruiting if it was read. Or at least, not on here. If you can't understand why, I can't help you.

Unlike you, I'm more worried about MSU, than being cool guy that knows what the coaches are thinking on a public forum, like you.

Dirtbagdawg
08-09-2014, 12:01 AM
I'm not trying to be cool you ass hat the topic is jalen bates. I had info on him being
Number 1 on our board. I tell the board. You get upset . Get over it

Dirtbagdawg
08-09-2014, 12:02 AM
Just stirring the pot I am sure

Yeah man

CadaverDawg
08-09-2014, 12:04 AM
I'm not trying to be cool you ass hat the topic is jalen bates. I had info on him being

Look buddy, I don't know who you are, but you need to chill out.

I never said your info was incorrect about Bates....I said we want them both. And that we don't need to be broadcasting on a public forum that we could not care less if Fletcher went to OM. Learn to understand what I'm saying before losing your shit completely.

CadaverDawg
08-09-2014, 12:06 AM

And again, I'm not upset. Just trying to remind you that this is a public place. And since you haven't been here long, I thought you may want to know that we're careful about that over here since we've had screenshots in the past. But instead of taking it as advice, you throw a hissy fit and act like a tough guy just because I told you to be careful what you post. Just let it go.

Dirtbagdawg
08-09-2014, 12:08 AM
[QUOTE=CadaverDawg;224244]And again, I'm not upset. Just trying to remind you that this is a public place. And since you haven't been here long, I thought you may want to know that we're careful about that over here since we've had screenshots in the past. But instead of taking it as advice, you throw a hissy fit and act like a tough guy just because I told you to be careful what you post. Just let it go.[/QUOTE

Like on that movie "Frozen" ?

Dawg61
08-09-2014, 01:16 AM
What a lot of people don't know is that Bates and fletcher
Adams are on our coaches board. And that's coming straight from
Coach turner. Obviously they will take both but Bates. He's a freak.

fify, this is what you should of posted. Again this is a public forum with a fu@king lot of Rebel onlookers that run immediately and send pictures of screen shots from this site specifically to recruits that they think can damage MSU's recruiting. You can't just say whatever you feel or want about a recruit anymore. Those days are gone. Twitter has made all of us be more careful with our words.

State82
08-09-2014, 01:39 AM

Look, no one is discounting your info. But, come on, think about what you are laying out on a public forum before you post it. That is, if you are genuinely interested in the success of MSU recruiting efforts. Take the comments here to heart and help the program move forward.