PDA

View Full Version : Extra footings

archdog
08-07-2014, 08:13 PM
Looks like they are being used currently to support some fence posts. So there is that. Those things are never going to fail.

MSUDawg4Life
08-08-2014, 02:32 AM
lol

Well, ... you see ... they are going to be used to support the new addition in about 10 - 20 years. Although they are the wrong size and shape for that.

Poor Engie.

jumbo
08-08-2014, 08:57 AM
lol

Well, ... you see ... they are going to be used to support the new addition in about 10 - 20 years. Although they are the wrong size and shape for that.

Poor Engie.

but we don't know if in 10-20 years they won't be used for that. so until then he's not wrong **

archdog
08-08-2014, 09:26 AM
They are the incorect footing type for the addition. A 12x12x3 footing would not hold a cast-in-place structure like our future future expansion.

RougeDawg
08-08-2014, 09:28 AM
lol

Poor Engie.

Well he gets a B for effort. I'll be sure nor to consult him on any construction questions.**

engie
08-08-2014, 09:32 AM
How many threads is this topic going to need? This is at least the 5th or 6th one in the past week... plus the Davis Wade construction thread at the top of the page... plus the initial thread where the discussion was had. Guess this is when you know you have amassed quite the fan club. Hey, we haven't had an Engie call-out thread yet today, time to get one started!11!1 It's always comforting to know only about 35% of msudawgfan4life's total posts here at ED are either to me or about me...

This is going to be the usage of these footings. Makes sense why they were poured so large with the cantilever and wind factor. So, I was wrong about their usage. As was everyone else.http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20140808-cits-74kb.jpg

I'm sticking to the fact that the footings for a future upper deck are in place as part of this phase of construction. It's in doubt whether or not these are them though.

engie
08-08-2014, 09:34 AM
Well he gets a B for effort. I'll be sure nor to consult him on any construction questions.**

I'll be sure not to consult you with any hitting or steroid questions.**

RougeDawg
08-08-2014, 09:39 AM
I'll be sure not to consult you with any hitting or steroid questions.**

Ok, if you choose not to learn hitting mechanics. Not really sure how steroids relates? Unless you are revealing the reason for the clouded analysis on the footings.**

PassInterference
08-08-2014, 10:09 AM
How many threads is this topic going to need? This is at least the 5th or 6th one in the past week... plus the Davis Wade construction thread at the top of the page... plus the initial thread where the discussion was had. Guess this is when you know you have amassed quite the fan club. Hey, we haven't had an Engie call-out thread yet today, time to get one started!11!1 It's always comforting to know only about 35% of msudawgfan4life's total posts here at ED are either to me or about me...

This is going to be the usage of these footings. Makes sense why they were poured so large with the cantilever and wind factor. So, I was wrong about their usage. As was everyone else.http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20140808-cits-74kb.jpg

I'm sticking to the fact that the footings for a future upper deck are in place as part of this phase of construction. It's in doubt whether or not these are them though.

Is it strange to have some raw-looking metal awning in front of a nice, new building? Maybe they'll dress this up.

Dawg61
08-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Is it strange to have some raw-looking metal awning in front of a nice, new building? Maybe they'll dress this up.

Yes it is strange. What is that the bus stop?

08-08-2014, 10:29 AM
Curious - will new new board, suites, etc provide enough light for the expansion? I noticed this last week when watching a replay. See below.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/Miss-State.jpg

PassInterference
08-08-2014, 10:33 AM
The expansion will be within the glow of moo tube 2.