PDA

View Full Version : SDS- Jones vs Kimchee

Coach34
08-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Need to make damn sure we revisit this in November:

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/miss-jones-nkemdiche-debtate-2014/

ShotgunDawg
08-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Take a look at my post

Pollodawg
08-07-2014, 04:31 PM
We'll see. I know who was better last season when they were both just freshman. Do they legit expect Jones to get worse? LMAO.

PassInterference
08-07-2014, 04:33 PM
Yeah, identical stats after RN got a lot more PT than CJ did. One school had enough depth that it didn't have to ride a true freshman as hard as the other did.

AFDawg
08-07-2014, 04:34 PM
I'm nowhere near buying that RK has better players around him.

AFDawg
08-07-2014, 04:36 PM
They gave QB debate to Dak, so they gave this one to RN to even up the gripes.

ShotgunDawg
08-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Lets take a look see:

Maxed out, muscular, tightly wound, not going to grow anymore, already had technique when he got on campus

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/4529855624a5c83601fb48902be7620b43daeaf3/c=104-40-2061-2643&r=537&c=0-0-534-712/local/-/media/USATODAY/test/2013/09/27/1380285322000-USATSI-7427398.jpg

VS

Non-defined, younger, looser, non-mature body, that had little technique when he got on campus

http://www.starkvilledailynews.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/article_photo/MSU%20football%20px%2013.JPG

Which guy has the greater upside again?

An NFL scout would be fired for obviously flawed analysis that this article presents.

The only way the RN has more upside than Jones is if RN can play DE full time, which he is too big to do. If they both play DT, then Jones has every conceivable advantage in having a better career

blacklistedbully
08-07-2014, 04:41 PM
Really, really stupid article. Could have been good, but was a joke.

BTW, the issue of "better pass rusher" should have gone to CJ. Had this moron bothered to look at, "QB hurries", he would have seen that CJ had a ton, and RN, few, if any. And where does this idiot get off saying their D-line is better than ours? That's ridiculous.

starkvegasdawg
08-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Who has the gif of Jones stuffing queesh on one of his EB rushes?

msstate7
08-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Unlike most state/OM arguments, this one will be settled in the '16 draft.

ShotgunDawg
08-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Unlike most state/OM arguments, this one will be settled in the '16 draft.

Yes it will be.

Hear that Rebs, this one will be settled in the draft and we can't wait.

CadaverDawg
08-07-2014, 05:12 PM
I don't know if y'all caught this, but every positive Kim comment was prefaced by "if he's outside". Meaning, his quickness is the only thing he has on Jones bc he's 25 lbs lighter. Well, if the dumbass read an interview or did some research he would know that Kim is a DT now...basically full time. So the DE "ifs" are irrelevant and mean zip. Jones is the better DT, period. Kim may have more of a shot if they were both DE's at this weight.

HoopsDawg
08-07-2014, 05:19 PM
I don't care to read the article but both guys are pretty damn good.

Schultzy
08-07-2014, 05:24 PM
A Mississippi High School coach who coached them both in an all-star game in the December before they signed told me that Jones was better than Nkimdechi all week during practice.

Against other HS all-star offensive linemen only a few could block RN. But none could block Jones. That's when he blew up.

And this HS coach was not an MSU fan. I think this all star game was in Florida if memory serves me correct.

ShotgunDawg
08-07-2014, 05:28 PM
I don't care to read the article but both guys are pretty damn good.

Absolutely, both guys are very good. RN is a very very good football player, but he's just not as good as Chris Jones.

Todd4State
08-07-2014, 05:39 PM
A Mississippi High School coach who coached them both in an all-star game in the December before they signed told me that Jones was better than Nkimdechi all week during practice.

Against other HS all-star offensive linemen only a few could block RN. But none could block Jones. That's when he blew up.

And this HS coach was not an MSU fan. I think this all star game was in Florida if memory serves me correct.

You must be talking about the Under Armour All-American Game. Chris Jones blew up once Ole Miss and Alabama realized that he was for real, and I think that Ole Miss believed that they could flip him.

Coach34
08-07-2014, 05:51 PM
I don't know if y'all caught this, but every positive Kim comment was prefaced by "if he's outside". Meaning, his quickness is the only thing he has on Jones bc he's 25 lbs lighter. Well, if the dumbass read an interview or did some research he would know that Kim is a DT now...basically full time. So the DE "ifs" are irrelevant and mean zip. Jones is the better DT, period. Kim may have more of a shot if they were both DE's at this weight.

Exactly- thats all I could think about reading the article.

smootness
08-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Not gonna lie, I read through this thread before reading the article and thought you guys were just biased. Nope, that is not a good article. If you want to make a case for Ankle Dice being better, fine; I'll disagree, but you could make an argument. But that article gives Jones the overall edge right now but Nkemdiche in the future? Lulz.

Let me get this straight. Throughout recruiting, it was 'Nkemdiche is more college-ready now, but Jones is still raw and may have more upside.' But now it's 'Well, Chris Jones is better right NOW, but that will change'? Good grief, that's terrible. If Chris Jones was just as good year one, based on their experience level, body shape, etc., the only possible conclusion is that Jones is likely better in the future.

And LOL on Nkemdiche being a much more versatile athlete.

ETA: I was going to edit the autocorrect to Ankle Dice, but I like it too much. That's his new nickname. I did edit for the caps, though.

mic
08-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Again SDS at their best...

thunderclap
08-07-2014, 06:52 PM
Please let the season begin.

yjnkdawg
08-07-2014, 07:00 PM
I think Ethan Levine, needs to say the best in his opinion and his choice (limited research) for whatever that is worth. Pitiful article.

JDog13
08-07-2014, 07:33 PM
Well I guess we gotta get Chris to stomp someones face in. I'm sure Roberto would get the edge there too.

Crystal Balls
08-07-2014, 08:47 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3652097/JonesNkemdiche.gif

BossDawg
08-07-2014, 08:55 PM
Armyguy07 has lost his mind.

UMCDawg16
08-07-2014, 08:59 PM
One idiot said in the comments that Kimdashian is twice as strong as CJ. That's insane. Chris said himself that he and Jamal Clayborn bench the most on our football team. The fact that CJ outweighs Kimdashian alone tells you that CJ is stronger. Just look at CJ. He a freak. Kimdashian looks like a kid that has too much weight on his frame.

maroonmania
08-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Well Jones definitely gets the checkmark on his side in the character department. RK acted like a punk last year on a number of occasions most notably during the Egg Bowl.

hells bells
08-07-2014, 10:25 PM
Take a look at my post

I am going blind on the post. ShotgunDawg got the anatomy award last month. If you look at Kamdeechee verse Jones it is undeniable. Kamdeechee looks like a 28 year old well developed man and Jones a baby face but a battle ship of a man. Better fit for college ball.

cheewgumm
08-07-2014, 10:45 PM
Send it to Jones - inspiration.

thf24
08-07-2014, 11:20 PM
Let's not forget this is the same site who gave Dak the edge over Bo, after ranking Bo two spots ahead of Dak among SEC quarterbacks just a week before.

BeardoMSU
08-07-2014, 11:35 PM
ETA: I was going to edit the autocorrect to Ankle Dice, but I like it too much. That's his new nickname. I did edit for the caps, though.

I was wondering wtf you were talking about, smoot, lol. Well done, sir.

getatmedawg
08-08-2014, 09:09 AM
Need to make damn sure we revisit this in November:

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/miss-jones-nkemdiche-debtate-2014/

With RN moving inside full time the stats will be impossible to compare. Just a hunch, but I'm guessing that at the end of November Jones will have more sacks and tfl's and RN will have more tackles. RN is perfectly suited for a 3-4 defense because of his speed and run stopping ability (which makes me wonder why they don't line up in a 3-4). Jones is a pure defensive end suited for a 4-3.

I'd love to pick and poke at RN but realistically the two players are in a lot of ways opposites. The only valid comparison would be in a defensive mvp type role.

jumbo
08-08-2014, 09:13 AM
I've been trying to argue for CJ as well. Did my gif from the LSU game work?

At the end of the day, they are both phenomenal football players that will be 1st rounders in the 2016 draft. Lil Kim is more polished now, but Jones has so much more potential.

Covercorner2
08-08-2014, 09:29 AM
With RN moving inside full time the stats will be impossible to compare. Just a hunch, but I'm guessing that at the end of November Jones will have more sacks and tfl's and RN will have more tackles. RN is perfectly suited for a 3-4 defense because of his speed and run stopping ability (which makes me wonder why they don't line up in a 3-4). Jones is a pure defensive end suited for a 4-3.

I'd love to pick and poke at RN but realistically the two players are in a lot of ways opposites. The only valid comparison would be in a defensive mvp type role.

I think you mean 3-4. Jones is a perfect 3-4 DE, or a 4-3 DT, and so is Nkemdiche. The difference is Jones is BETTER than Nkemdiche at 4-3 DT. Both are VERY versatile, but Jones's size is the difference without sacrificing quickness or speed. AND, as mentioned before, Jones has a higher ceiling...

codeDawg
08-08-2014, 09:33 AM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3652097/JonesNkemdiche.gif

That is just a terrible play, RK running or not. Eulls blows up Cooper, gets held and pushed in the back, and still almost makes the tackle. McKinney stops the lead blocker in the backfield and RK almost runs over them. Jones comes over from the right side to make the tackle, but Cowman is there if he misses b/c Treadwell makes too much money to block or something. Whitley is right behind him. This play never had a chance.

I not afraid of this soft ass team.

How do you expect to get yardage on a play when

RiverCityDawg
08-08-2014, 10:04 AM
RN is perfectly suited for a 3-4 defense because of his speed and run stopping ability (which makes me wonder why they don't line up in a 3-4). Jones is a pure defensive end suited for a 4-3.

They are both suited for DT in 4-3 or DE in 3-4. RN is very quick for a DT, but not extremely quick as an End. Also, and I could be wrong, but it looks like he has short arms for his size, which is a big deal at End.

And Ole miss doesn't line up in a 3-4 because they don't have a proper NT and their linebackers moonlight as members of the lollipop guild.

NashDawgMan
08-08-2014, 10:39 AM
RN was hyped big time as the top recruit, SDS bought into and help distribute the hype, so now they are basically defending their prior argument.

CadaverDawg
08-08-2014, 11:16 AM

http://global3.memecdn.com/rmx-wait-wut_fb_1918415.jpg

DudyDawg
08-08-2014, 11:43 AM

I think you're switching them?

Coach34
08-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Ummmm- they are both going to at DT this year. Their numbers will be easily comparable

sandwolf
08-08-2014, 12:12 PM
McKinney stops the lead blocker in the backfield and RK almost runs over them.

This is what destroyed that play. The minute that RK had to stop his momentum to make a cut and try to run East and West, the play was a bust.

Bubb Rubb
08-08-2014, 12:14 PM
I guess they weren't paying attention when Artimas Samuel totally whipped RK's ass on that 4th down OT play in the egg bowl.

msstate7
08-08-2014, 12:16 PM
I guess they weren't paying attention when Artimas Samuel totally whipped RK's ass on that 4th down OT play in the egg bowl.

Wish we still had him

Bubb Rubb
08-08-2014, 12:18 PM
That is just a terrible play, RK running or not. Eulls blows up Cooper, gets held and pushed in the back, and still almost makes the tackle. McKinney stops the lead blocker in the backfield and RK almost runs over them. Jones comes over from the right side to make the tackle, but Cowman is there if he misses b/c Treadwell makes too much money to block or something. Whitley is right behind him. This play never had a chance.

I not afraid of this soft ass team.

How do you expect to get yardage on a play when

Excellent analysis of this play, and it captures in a nutshell the difference between the two teams. Flash and gimmicks vs. fundamentals and whoop ass.

Bubb Rubb
08-08-2014, 12:19 PM
I wish somebody had the gif of that play. I don't know how many people noticed it, but Samuel just mauled him...drove him five yards backwards into the endzone.

ShotgunDawg
08-08-2014, 12:22 PM
I am going blind on the post. ShotgunDawg got the anatomy award last month. If you look at Kamdeechee verse Jones it is undeniable. Kamdeechee looks like a 28 year old well developed man and Jones a baby face but a battle ship of a man. Better fit for college ball.

Is this my Trophy?
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQY3lsCQMDAWflZbPL39TmG4kW7qZueI kYd3AFRcfq1JGwLT9ih1KuGYYVA