PDA

View Full Version : OT: Need help with changing cable/internet service

Brahmabull
08-07-2014, 03:43 PM
I have been with Comcrap for years now. Since October of last year, they have increased my bill by 40%. They have also put a cap on my internet data to 300GB per month. My kids watch Netflix, plus AppleTV online so that 300GB is not enough. I checked with DirectTV via AT&T and b/c AT&T can't provide Uverse to my neighborhood, I can get DirectTV and DSL internet w/ no data cap for half of what I am paying Comcrap for 12 months. Next 12 months would be slightly less than Comcrap. I would have to sign a 24 month agreement.

What am I missing here? Can anybody that has experienced DirectTV and Comcrap give me their input? If I understand correctly, DirectTV has not announced having the SEC network.

Thanks

graphicBYdesign
08-07-2014, 03:50 PM
I have Directv and At&t and I like them both. I've had them for 8 years now with no problems. Also, Directv announced a deal to carry the SEC network a couple of days ago.

AFDawg
08-07-2014, 03:50 PM
No WatchESPN with DirectTV.

dparker
08-07-2014, 03:52 PM
DSL is going to be much slower than what you're used to. Make sure you factor that in.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-07-2014, 03:57 PM
I just switched to Dish network from cable and loving it. I still use cable for internet though.

BrunswickDawg
08-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Check and see if AT&T provides UVerse internet/phone even if they don't have the TV available. I can't get UVerse TV at my house, but I just made the switch on the phone/internet. Other than initial problem with the outside line, it has been x1000 better than their DSL (which is dead technology anyway, and their tech said they are about to stop supporting).