PDA

View Full Version : The DLine

Pokerdawg44
08-07-2014, 03:00 PM
Whats the 2 deep looking like? Im guessing Cj and Pj? What about Eulls starting? Then you got Virges, Adams, and James. Thats 6 pretty good and experienced DTs. Cj and Pj seem to be the best combo but with 6 guys possibly being in the rotation, we should stay fresh. I can remember 99's DL and being able to sub the whole DL without missing a beat. I doubt we play any of the freshman, G Harris, Hoyett, and C Thomas. We do graduate 3 DTs so we might get one of the freshman DTs some PT to balance out the roster. Im excited about C Thomas. Hes 6'5 270 right now so I wonder if we could get him some PT at DE also.

At DE im guessing P Smith and maybe R Brown? Then you got Aj and T Dale. Not sure if John Harris is serviceable and haven't heard much about Juco transfer Will Coleman. I wonder if we move Cj over to DE in some situations. I think Smith, pj, Eulls, and Cj would be our best 4 talent wise. I also wouldn't mind seeing BMac lined up at DE in some situations especially how deep our LBers are. After seeing fr G Green, I wouldn't mind seeing him rush off the end. He looks the part

I haven't been able to follow anything about practice so anyone could give some good insight about what the DL is supposed to look like this year would be greatly appreciated. Esp the DE look.

HoopsDawg
08-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Coleman is redshirting. McKinney and CJ will play DE in certain looks. I look for all 3 fresh to redshirt.

DE: P. Smith/Adams
DT: CJ/Eulls
DT: PJ/James/Virges
DE: R. Brown/Jefferson

Pokerdawg44
08-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Coleman is redshirting. McKinney and CJ will play DE in certain looks. I look for all 3 fresh to redshirt.

Didn't know Adams was getting reps at DE. Will Coleman redshirting is interesting. Not many Juco transfers usually rs. I wonder if this was the plan from when we signed him. We only lose Preston Smith at DE for next yr so hopefully J Calvin and Will Coleman will be ready for immediate pt.

HoopsDawg
08-07-2014, 03:36 PM
Didn't know Adams was getting reps at DE. Will Coleman redshirting is interesting. Not many Juco transfers usually rs. I wonder if this was the plan from when we signed him. We only lose Preston Smith at DE for next yr so hopefully J Calvin and Will Coleman will be ready for immediate pt.

No, it wasn't the plan. He took too many PE classes. One didn't count so it dropped his GPA below 2.5 which meant he had to take an "academic redshirt". He needed it though to get stronger.

jumbo
08-07-2014, 03:37 PM

It's an academic deal with Coleman. Basically a technicality that forces him to redshirt.

I think Hoops has it right, except the official depth charts will list Eulls as the started and CJ behind him

smootness
08-07-2014, 06:04 PM
Thomas is actually listed at 300. He basically blew up like CJ did. Harris is still around 270, though.

HoopsDawg
08-07-2014, 06:21 PM
Thomas is actually listed at 300. He basically blew up like CJ did. Harris is still around 270, though.

Thomas would be an outstanding OT, but he wants to play DL.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Grant Harris is going to stay at DE also.

Political Hack
08-07-2014, 07:40 PM

ditto. And I think Ryan Brown may be a huge surprise. Like I said when he committed, the kid is "stump ripping" strong. You can't teach that.

War Machine Dawg
08-07-2014, 08:24 PM
ditto. And I think Ryan Brown may be a huge surprise. Like I said when he committed, the kid is "stump ripping" strong. You can't teach that.

I really like Ryan Brown, too. But one look at the pressure numbers from Jefferson in limited snaps last season makes me think he's going to be a tough dude to beat out. Either way, I feel pretty damn good about the DE opposite Smith.

Bothrops
08-08-2014, 12:14 AM
AJ Jefferson is a tackling machine, I like him anywhere on the DL. I'm glad Thomas will be inside, we'll need him there next year. We lose a lot on the inside.