PDA

View Full Version : Endzone envy in Oxford

PassInterference
08-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Ole Miss to put in an endzone field-level patio.

http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/umaaf/forward-together/newclub.html

And it comes with a "club" under the stands featuring views of cinder blocks and the underside of other endzone seats.

Also comes with the worst seats in the stadium - the bottom rows in the endzone.

archdog
08-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Ole Miss to put in an endzone field-level patio.

http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/umaaf/forward-together/newclub.html

And it comes with a "club" under the stands featuring views of cinder blocks and the underside of other endzone seats.

Also comes with the worst seats in the stadium - the bottom rows in the endzone.

1st sentence says Unique. Surely they know we have already built that in the same state. So not so unique.

Reason2succeed
08-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Maybe they should change their mascot to the "Cats" as in copycats.

RougeDawg
08-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Those ButtPirates never cease to amaze me. Even their press releases are filled with delusion. The volumes of comedic msterial that the alumni and university provide almost daily is priceless. Unique? the only thing unique about that place or fan base is the level of delusion.

Dawg496
08-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Are they serious? That looks like shit compared to ours. Ours is like a damn sports bar with all the TVs and lounge areas.. there's is literally a sanctioned place to stand under the endzone.

I think the gridiron club is going to be the place to be after people check it out this year.

DCdawg
08-06-2014, 09:30 PM
So you have to be standing outside of the "club" to actually see the game? Now you can say you went into the game but still won't have to watch any of it - must be the new strategy to get people out of the grove.

BossDawg
08-07-2014, 12:06 AM
Now where in the world did they get that wild idea from?! Hmmmm...

BeardoMSU
08-07-2014, 12:08 AM
So you have to be standing outside of the "club" to actually see the game? Now you can say you went into the game but still won't have to watch any of it - must be the new strategy to get people out of the grove.

http://onthescreenreviews.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/unnamed.gif

Reason2succeed
08-07-2014, 12:29 AM
I'm actually GLAD they are doing this because it will be OBVIOUS to recruits that OM is lame and is simply trying to keep up with State. Meanwhile, we are the innovators. We are cutting edge. We are what they want to be but can't.

War Machine Dawg
08-07-2014, 01:19 AM
I said it a couple days ago: Literally nothing TSUN does is original. Nothing.

Boodawg
08-07-2014, 07:37 AM
Maybe they should change their mascot to the "Cats" as in copycats.

Or the "BEES" as in Wannabees. Obviously not a word so not sure how to spell it.

engie
08-07-2014, 07:56 AM
I think it's a good revenue-maximizing concept. But their execution seems off. Not to mention that with the tentative timeline currently set forth, that Club would be in the open at the base of their student section for a year. It's permanent seating for them on the first 12ish rows of the endzone. I'd be damned if I'm paying $1500/yr to have drinks thrown on me from the worse seats in the house -- and I'm betting the vast majority of OM fans feel the same way. Not to mention that they've already overbuilt club seats for the most part.

The Gridiron is the perfect use of that area. Maximize revenue without forcing it to be a permanent seat location. People will be able to bounce back and forth depending on which way we're going and where we're at on the field...

LC Dawg
08-07-2014, 08:08 AM
Isn't that awfully close to the field to have a bunch of idiots standing around drinking wine coolers? On the other hand, they will have a good view if their quarterback fumbles the ball into the end zone to lose the ball game to someone who is not their rival. It has happened you know.

fishwater99
08-07-2014, 09:25 AM
I think it's a good revenue-maximizing concept. But their execution seems off. Not to mention that with the tentative timeline currently set forth, that Club would be in the open at the base of their student section for a year. It's permanent seating for them on the first 12ish rows of the endzone. I'd be damned if I'm paying $1500/yr to have drinks thrown on me from the worse seats in the house -- and I'm betting the vast majority of OM fans feel the same way. Not to mention that they've already overbuilt club seats for the most part.

The Gridiron is the perfect use of that area. Maximize revenue without forcing it to be a permanent seat location. People will be able to bounce back and forth depending on which way we're going and where we're at on the field...

Great point Engie... They will have to run inside to stay out of the bourbon showers..

jimbo352
08-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Great point Engie... They will have to run inside to stay out of the bourbon showers..

I kind of assumed they'd move the student section... Probably to the metal bleachers on the other side... Why give students the good seats, when half of them leave at HT....

TheRef
08-07-2014, 10:51 AM
I kind of assumed they'd move the student section... Probably to the metal bleachers on the other side... Why give students the good seats, when half of them leave at HT....

Well considering that they will be building the expansion there and that's where they're talking about putting the new field-level club seats, you won't have any metal bleachers to put them in.

BrunswickDawg
08-07-2014, 11:20 AM
I had never looked at their expansion stuff before. Criticize Sticklin all you want, but one glance at their website tells you that the way our fundraising operates and the way we approach funding projects is light-years ahead of OM.

jimbo352
08-07-2014, 11:22 AM
Well considering that they will be building the expansion there and that's where they're talking about putting the new field-level club seats, you won't have any metal bleachers to put them in.

Do you even read bro....

It is expected that the south endzone renovation will only take one off season to complete. We plan to put the project up for bid in late fall 2014, with construction to begin in early 2015. It is anticipated that the new club, concourse and suites will be finished and completed in time for the 2015 season.

It is the goal of the athletic department to then begin construction on the north endzone after 2015 season with completion before the 2016 season. No premium seating options will be offered in the north endzone at this time. Concept drawings and more information on the north endzone will be released at a later date.

TheRef
08-07-2014, 11:23 AM
Do you even read bro....

It is expected that the south endzone renovation will only take one off season to complete. We plan to put the project up for bid in late fall 2014, with construction to begin in early 2015. It is anticipated that the new club, concourse and suites will be finished and completed in time for the 2015 season.

It is the goal of the athletic department to then begin construction on the north endzone after 2015 season with completion before the 2016 season. No premium seating options will be offered in the north endzone at this time. Concept drawings and more information on the north endzone will be released at a later date.

Sorry, bro.

jimbo352
08-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Sorry, bro.

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/169253/flags/LL

TheRef
08-07-2014, 11:33 AM
http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/169253/flags/LL

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130327111219/glee/images/7/79/Blam_hug.gif

RougeDawg
08-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Do you even read bro....

Let me ask again, why are they speaking of expansion? Have they been drawing 100% capacity for the last 3-4 years running with a waiting list? Just wondering where the urgency is coming from to expand?**

DawgHouseUnited
08-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Let me ask again, why are they speaking of expansion? Have they been drawing 100% capacity for the last 3-4 years running with a waiting list? Just wondering where the urgency is coming from to expand?**

They can't stand to lose a press conference?

RougeDawg
08-07-2014, 05:16 PM
They can't stand to lose a press conference?

They can't stand for us to have everything bigger and better than theirs. Well that is, everything except tailgate chandeliers. They will never be topped, or even challenged, in that category.