PDA

View Full Version : True Detective Season 2 details leaked

Dawg61
08-06-2014, 04:53 PM
No plot spoiler just plot details and actors/actresses leaked

http://www.mvtvsv.com/2014/08/true-detective-season-2-plot-details.html

BeardoMSU
08-06-2014, 09:17 PM
Last I saw they were looking at Jessica Chastain for the female lead and Brad Pitt for the male; both of which I'd prefer, personally.

If those choices have fallen through I do like Vince Vaughn, though.

Regardless, it's gonna be tough moving past Marty and Rust. Those guys were perfect.

Dawg61
08-06-2014, 10:49 PM
Pitt would be fascinating as a detective, bring us back to Se7en days there. I'd love to see Vince pull this off though and especially if he's the bad cop or bad guy in it. Woody and MM are pretty much unbeatable from the first season. Woody has come a long long way from his goofy days on Cheers. He is a fantastic actor. He is so good in Out of the Furnace. He's quickly become one of my favorite actors. MM is brilliant too. I can't decide which one of them was better. So I won't. They both just killed it in this series.

War Machine Dawg
08-07-2014, 01:14 AM
Last I saw they were looking at Jessica Chastain for the female lead and Brad Pitt for the male; both of which I'd prefer, personally.

If those choices have fallen through I do like Vince Vaughn, though.

Regardless, it's gonna be tough moving past Marty and Rust. Those guys were perfect.

Was just reading an article about this today, actually. Chastain and Pitt are both officially out. Vaughn is likely in. Other big names being tossed about are Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch, and Elizabeth Moss. You could see 2/3 from that group. The story is likely going to be set in California and will unsurprisingly feature some form of corruption investigation.

Political Hack
08-09-2014, 03:47 PM
I wish they would've kept it in Louisiana. more intersting to me that a California drama.

War Machine Dawg
08-09-2014, 11:06 PM
I wish they would've kept it in Louisiana. more intersting to me that a California drama.

I'm assuming we'll get a new location for every season. And it depends on where in Cali. Perhaps they'll set it in the northern part instead of the stereotypical southern part.

Political Hack
08-10-2014, 08:51 AM
northern Cal would be better, but they could've went with a more culturally rich area (Louisiana, Florida swamps, border town in TX, NY, etc...). I'm sure I'll like it regardless based on how good last season was.