PDA

View Full Version : Any Longmire fans here? For those that watched the season finale, do you

Saltydog
08-06-2014, 12:52 PM
think Branch was killed by his father? His father said, "I'm too old to make another fortunte, but not too old to make another son". Surely they don't kill Branch off.

War Machine Dawg
08-06-2014, 01:48 PM
I'm a Longmire fan, but haven't seen the finale yet. I'll try to get caught up soon. My dvr is seriously backlogged.

Saltydog
08-06-2014, 04:18 PM
spoil the rest. When you watch it, tell me what you think.

dawgfan016
08-07-2014, 11:01 AM
Well Branch's dad was sitting down and facing away from him, giving Branch plenty of time to blow dear old dad away (my theory).

SapperDawg
08-10-2014, 10:45 AM
Great show and big fan. Here is what I think: opening scene next year will be dad wheeling around with the gun only to see Branch holding the shotgun out with his left hand (the shot heard would be a blind shot at the flying skeet - note it was missed in the scene) while holding his pistol in the other hand with the drop on dad. No one is shot, and Branch gets to make the decision to take dad in, or let him go.

SapperDawg
09-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Saw today where Longmire has been cancelled. Studio is shopping the show, so hopefully another network will pick it up.

War Machine Dawg
01-09-2015, 01:11 AM
Finally got caught up......DAMN. Whole lot of interesting things went down. It was a bit ambiguous, but I'm wondering if Connoly Sr. really did order the hit on Walt's wife. It doesn't make any sense to put the hit on her. The simpler move would be put the hit on Walt. Having his wife killed gets Walt a huge sympathy vote, ensuring Branch couldn't beat him.

On the good news front, Netflix picked up Longmire for Season 4, so we'll be able to get some answers. I'd have been PISSED if that's how the show ended. Still don't know why A&E would cancel it. Fairly sure it was one of their highest rated shows not named Duck Dynasty.

SapperDawg
01-09-2015, 04:34 PM
I think I read somewhere that A&E had no ownership stake in the show, so their profit margin was small. They called cancelling it a business decision, even though it was their second highest rated show.