PDA

View Full Version : Gundy won't let his QB transfer to SEC or USM...

fishwater99
05-20-2013, 08:30 AM
Lunt eyed five finalists -- Southern Miss, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Illinois and Louisville -- but multiple reports surfaced that Gundy wouldn't allow Lunt to leave for Southern Miss or any SEC schools, which eliminated three of Lunt's options.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/78992/thoughts-on-gundy-limiting-lunts-transfer

Wow, why not USM, dagger to the new coach?? Wonder if there is any love lost there?

Political Hack
05-20-2013, 09:04 AM
the Big12 hate for the SEC is at an all time high. Stoops running his stoopid mouth. A forty year old man blocking the transfer of a teenager. The A&M versus Texas saga.

This could make our game with OSU critical in the eyes of the SEC. If a "mid" or "lower" tier SEC team was to knock off OSU to kick off the season, it would shut a lot of people up. I like that the SEC will have a vested interest into seeing us win. If we win that game, it will damn neat gaurantee a one loss SEC team would go in over an undefeated Big12 team. The power stroke may finally be on our side in this one.

sandwolf
05-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Wow, why not USM, dagger to the new coach?? Wonder if there is any love lost there?

I saw it speculated in one article (may have been the one you linked) that he may not want to set a precedent of allowing players to follow assistant coaches to new jobs, which seems like a fairly reasonable position to take.

601Dawg
05-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Gundy seems like a douche, blocking a transfer to Southern Miss???? REALLY???

Sandman14
05-20-2013, 11:04 AM
I think it's common sense. Geez. You can go almost anywhere. You just can't be grouping up and leaving with the OC and you can't go in-conference. If you don't like it, you shouldn't have signed or else you should just stay.