PDA

View Full Version : Braves

msstate7
08-06-2014, 11:00 AM
We're a mess right now. Really think rushing gattis back is what set this team into a tailspin. The braves are 4-11 since gattis came back.

Freeman has hit .198 (18-for-91) with 2 HR in past 23 games, w/11 RBIs, 9 walks, 25 K's, .277 OBP and .319 slugging%

If gattis and ff don't start hitting like today, we're in trouble. We're still only 3 games back bc the Nats are mediocre too so I'm not panicking yet

msstate7
08-06-2014, 12:35 PM
David O'Brien ?@DOBrienAJC 2m
#Braves Simmons on crutches, Fredi G said they're hoping he'll avoid DL but it swelled after stopped icing it last night

dawgs
08-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Nats have the best run differential in the NL. They've been middling about lately instead of going for the jugular, but if the nats are mediocre, everyone in the NL is no better than mediocre either.

War Machine Dawg
08-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Dammit, I didn't watch last night. What the hell happened to Simba?

Gotta disagree about rushing Gattis back. This team has always been streaky. It's just part of having so many swing-and-miss guys in the lineup. When you're hot, you can rip of 10 in a row. When you're cold, you can lose 12 in a row. Wish we could've found someone willing to take the black hole that's BJ, but that's pretty much a pipe dream. If it were up to me, I'd move JHey to CF, J-Up to RF, and start Bonifacio in LF. My lineup would be:

1. Bonifacio
2. LaStella
3. J-Up
4. Gattis
5. Freeman (until he gets hot, then back to 3 & everyone moves down 1)
6. J-Hey
7. CJ
8. Simba

We should have traded Harang for a bat and put Hale into the rotation. Probably too late now, though.

dawgs
08-06-2014, 12:56 PM
You're assuming some team would have given up a decent mlb bat for harang.

starkvegasdawg
08-06-2014, 12:57 PM
They're doing us all a favor by tanking a month early. Now we can quit worrying about them and focus on football season.

msstate7
08-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Nats have the best run differential in the NL. They've been middling about lately instead of going for the jugular, but if the nats are mediocre, everyone in the NL is no better than mediocre either.

Your bullpen seems to be falling apart.

shoeless joe
08-06-2014, 01:59 PM
They're doing us all a favor by tanking a month early. Now we can quit worrying about them and focus on football season.

Exactly. This team just isn't very good. They are streaky team without a good streak in a while. If you just watch this team they don't have a real good offensive player except FF and he's in a slump. JUp and gattis can get hot but they have holes. I liked the braves much better when they were full of gamers and battlers like McCann, Prado, chipper. I'll always be a braves fan but this team is hard to pull for.

dawgs
08-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Your bullpen seems to be falling apart.

The trio of soriano, clippard, and storen have been great and will be great. It's the long relief guys that have been up and down (Stammen, detwiler) or just sucked (Blevins). Fortunately there's always some solid middle relief to pick up before the waiver wire deadline, so that's the easiest fix to make for a contender.