PDA

View Full Version : Lindgren may be moving up AGAIN

TheRef
08-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Yankees have lost Thornton today which opens up a slot for Lindgren. All of the NYY media are saying that Lindgren might take his place.

Ralph
08-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Yankees have lost Thornton today which opens up a slot for Lindgren. All of the NYY media are saying that Lindgren might take his place.

I remember a lot of analysts and scouts saying during SECT it was possible he could be in the Bigs by Sept this year. I'm sure injury wasn't the foresight but maybe accurate nonetheless. That would be badass.

TheRef
08-05-2014, 02:51 PM
I remember a lot of analysts and scouts saying during SECT it was possible he could be in the Bigs by Sept this year. I'm sure injury wasn't the foresight but maybe accurate nonetheless. That would be badass.

It wasn't an injury, he was claimed off of waivers by the Nationals. Yankees analysts are saying that he could definitely be called up this season if his trend continues. Has 30 Ks in 13.1 IP and only 4 BB. Running with a 0.68 ERA. Just got promoted to AA now.

DudyDawg
08-05-2014, 02:52 PM
How are they in the standings? If they are fighting to win the east or the WC by September, maybe. If they aren't in contention, they won't start his clock. I do think he will be in spring training and show out, and then maybe start in AA/AAA and get up as early as May or early June

TheRef
08-05-2014, 02:54 PM
How are they in the standings? If they are fighting to win the east or the WC by September, maybe. If they aren't in contention, they won't start his clock. I do think he will be in spring training and show out, and then maybe start in AA/AAA and get up as early as May or early June

Yankees are 5 GB in the AL East right now. They're also 1 GB in the AL Wildcard.

DudyDawg
08-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Yankees are 5 GB in the AL East right now. They're also 1 GB in the AL Wildcard.

Then I could see him coming up if they hang close for the next few weeks, if they fade, no reason to call him up

starkvegasdawg
08-05-2014, 02:57 PM
I just wish he wasn't a yankee. I hate that team more than any other in baseball.

Todd4State
08-05-2014, 06:23 PM

The Yankees are not going to worry about his clock like other teams because they don't care about spending money.

dawgs
08-05-2014, 06:37 PM
The Yankees are not going to worry about his clock like other teams because they don't care about spending money.

This. Of all the franchises in MLB, yanks care the least about starting the service clock.

RougeDawg
08-05-2014, 06:37 PM
I just wish he wasn't a yankee. I hate that team more than any other in baseball.

True, but it will now at least make watching the Yankees bearable.