PDA

View Full Version : LSU S Jalen Mills reinstated

blacklistedbully
08-04-2014, 10:08 PM
LSU junior safety Jalen Mills has been reinstated to the team after his charge of second-degree battery was reduced to misdemeanor simple battery Monday.

Mills, who has been a two-year starter, allegedly punched a woman near his apartment last May.

Miles says Mills continues to be disciplined ''in house'' and ''will get some extra conditioning as part of his situation.''

What a joke! So Miles gets to keep his starting Safety, no games missed, and he'll be, perhaps, more fit due to his, "punishment". Dude lays out a woman near his apartment, gets arrested for 2nd degree battery, indefinitely suspended, until of course, the local authorities decide this LSU football star should have his charge reduced to, "simple battery", which gives high-character Les the excuse he needs to, not only reinstate Mills, but not even have him miss any games.

This kind of shit really pisses me off.

smootness
08-04-2014, 10:11 PM
That's so weird. The guy who once based his punishment of a key player on a team vote is going soft on punishment?

BulldogDX55
08-04-2014, 10:29 PM
As much as his on the field antics are as entertaining as they are bizarre, I can't ever bring myself to like Les Miles because of crap like this.

ScottH
08-04-2014, 10:55 PM
Since domestic violence on the LSU team seams to be a non event, it would be fascinating to see Miles reaction should one of his daughters be on the receiving end.

smootness
08-04-2014, 10:56 PM
Well, the country went into a rage over Ray Rice being suspended 2 games, and that woman married him afterward.

It'll be interesting to see if people are similarly outraged over this.

The crazy thing is, Miles admitted that he was reinstated because it was dropped to a misdemeanor. So apparently the only thing that determines a player's status with the team is the legal system.

Shoot, skipping class isn't even a crime. Why would anyone ever face discipline because of that?

I seen it dawg
08-05-2014, 06:19 AM
Shocker

MarketingBully01
08-05-2014, 07:44 AM
LSU junior safety Jalen Mills has been reinstated to the team after his charge of second-degree battery was reduced to misdemeanor simple battery Monday.

Mills, who has been a two-year starter, allegedly punched a woman near his apartment last May.

Miles says Mills continues to be disciplined ''in house'' and ''will get some extra conditioning as part of his situation.''

What a joke! So Miles gets to keep his starting Safety, no games missed, and he'll be, perhaps, more fit due to his, "punishment". Dude lays out a woman near his apartment, gets arrested for 2nd degree battery, indefinitely suspended, until of course, the local authorities decide this LSU football star should have his charge reduced to, "simple battery", which gives high-character Les the excuse he needs to, not only reinstate Mills, but not even have him miss any games.

This kind of shit really pisses me off.

After his handling of Jeremy Hill last year, nothing surprises me with this clown. In fact, the one thing you can be sure of short of murder no one will be thrown off the LSU team. If Aaron Hernandez were on that team, he wouldn't have been kicked off yet due to the legal process not running its course. If I were an LSU fan, I would be embarrassed to even have that guy as a coach due to his lack of disciplining anyone.

MarketingBully01
08-05-2014, 07:45 AM
Ill also add the only way you get off that team is if LSU the institution itself throws you out which is what happened with the Honey Badger and his 7th failed drug test.

msstate7
08-05-2014, 07:51 AM
Why can't les see that kicking some of these clowns off the team will help the team? Lsu is loaded with talent, so they can absorb losing some talent.

Dawgface
08-05-2014, 07:51 AM
Shoot, skipping class isn't even a crime. Why would anyone ever face discipline because of that?

At LSU, they probably don't.

MarketingBully01
08-05-2014, 07:59 AM
What Mills allegedly did was the same as Ray Rice....I'd love for CNN and ESPN to point the spot light on this. Would be a nice distraction since the idiot Lester reinstated him. Since the act was reduced to a misdemeanor, I guess it makes it okay. What a big time moron Les really is.

paco
08-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Of course, he has been reinstated. Miles needs his best DB. It appears LSU has a bunch of thugs (based on legal activities over the past few years).

starkvegasdawg
08-05-2014, 08:29 AM
In big time college football wins are all that matters. You could field a team from death row at Parchman and if you are a big time team then the fans and staff will make excuse after excuse for their behavior. I forget the player's name for OSU (Maurice Clarette maybe?) but I remember that when he got into some trouble for skipping class that they were interviewing OSU fans around town. To a T they were all saying they didn't care if he went to class or not. He was there to play football and as long as he did that and did it well then it didn't matter what else he did. Now, if it were Clarette we all know he went on to worse things than skipping class but it makes my point that at elite football schools you can get away with almost anything if you are a contributing player.

I can only hope, that if, or when, we take that next step to being an elite team in college football that we as a fan base will always remember there are more important things than a 10 win season. These schools are doing these players no favors by always dismissing their problems and sweeping them under the rug. I have to wonder how many could get their lives straightened out if they had a coach lose a shoe in their butt the first time they did something minor like skipping class instead of looking the other way so they continue thinking they are bullet proof and their bad behavior escalating to illegal activities.

Johnson85
08-05-2014, 08:43 AM
What a big time moron Les really is.

The guy with national championship rings and millions of dollars is a moron?

I think the word you're looking for is unprincipled. It's funny that Saban gets portrayed as Satan himself and Miles is generally portrayed as a good family man. SEC football isn't boy scouts, so I'm sure Saban has done things he wouldn't be proud of, but it seems like Saban is the much better guy. People that go through his program may get processed out, but I would guess that for the most part they end up better for playing for Saban.

Miles on the otherhand is happy to let players implode as long as they do it on a schedule that doesn't hurt his bottom line. For the most part, you don't see Alabama players on downward spirals while they're at Bama with Saban just keeping them in line long enough to fun out their eligibility or declare for the draft. Seems to be SOP at LSU.

FISHDAWG
08-05-2014, 09:01 AM
in light of this I think we are owed a few pardons for our guys if they ever get cross ways .... apparently that's the norm now around the conference unless you are at UGA or aTm

Pollodawg
08-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Les Miles' IQ is a point above 65. Legit, folks. If LSU weren't loaded with talent, he'd be a 5-7 type of coach in this conference. I don't give a shit what he did at Oklahoma State, given the talent produced by Louisiana, and LSU being the only major university in that state, he has underachieved big time. He should have at least one more NC in his tenure there.

RougeDawg
08-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Les Miles' IQ is a point above 65. Legit, folks. If LSU weren't loaded with talent, he'd be a 5-7 type of coach in this conference. I don't give a shit what he did at Oklahoma State, given the talent produced by Louisiana, and LSU being the only major university in that state, he has underachieved big time. He should have at least one more NC in his tenure there.

Completely agree. The LSU talent influx that was started by Saban is the only reason LSU has had the sustained success. They win despite of his moronic decisions. He should easily have comparable success to Saban and his time at Bama. For those who cannot see it, the LSU program is/has been on a slow decline since Les took over. It's just much slower than normal because the program recruits for itself and they have no real recruiting rival. We could have accelerated the decline a bit, had we won those two close 1-2 pt losses. With the talent available as Les' disposal, he should finish 2nd or better in the west each year and be in Atlanta just about every other year, yet he doesn't.

Back to the main point. At what point do people start holding these college coaches accountable for what players do while on campus and once they enter the NFL? Just like this case, is it the players fault that he has not been held accountable for his actions and continues to act a certain way because of no consequences? Someone in the media has to be smart enough to see the root problem for most of this type of behavior.