PDA

View Full Version : OT--Will Kollmeyer and Ole Miss

Tough Dawg
08-04-2014, 09:09 PM
Did you guys see where he was leaving ICC to join Ole Miss and the SEC Network? Going to do all the broadcasting of their games.

Not a big deal I know, but I'm surprised or wonder why Richard Cross was not named for this position. Kollmeyer prob has a better overall resume, but I still wondered.

Will we just use somebody we've always had?

Political Hack
08-04-2014, 09:11 PM
good question. probably not anyone in the current State Broadcast booth with enough quality experience to make the SEC Network happy.

shoeless joe
08-04-2014, 09:16 PM
Does each school have an individual that will call games for the network or just a reporter to work for SEC network?

Hwy78dawg
08-04-2014, 10:01 PM
I have always liked WK, i think he is a good guy. Many years ago I thought he had expressed an interest in replacing Jack when the time came.

I think he would have been a good one for us if the time had been right.

dawgoneyall
08-04-2014, 10:10 PM
I thought Will would replace Ellis when the time comes. Guess not.

CadaverDawg
08-04-2014, 10:15 PM
When I saw the subject line, I thought Ole Miss was getting a commitment from a 5 star OT from Germany or something.*

War Machine Dawg
08-04-2014, 11:37 PM
Did you guys see where he was leaving ICC to join Ole Miss and the SEC Network? Going to do all the broadcasting of their games.

Not a big deal I know, but I'm surprised or wonder why Richard Cross was not named for this position. Kollmeyer prob has a better overall resume, but I still wondered.

Will we just use somebody we've always had?

Damn, this ****ing blows. Will wanted our play-by-play job very, very badly. He'd be better at football than Jim, so far as I'm concerned. Sucks that we screwed around and let TSUN snatch him up. We'll probably just do what we usually do, use the GOB MSU System to hire someone with State connections who may be a good person but sucks at the job.

War Machine Dawg
08-04-2014, 11:38 PM
I have always liked WK, i think he is a good guy. Many years ago I thought he had expressed an interest in replacing Jack when the time came.

I think he would have been a good one for us if the time had been right.

I thought Will would replace Ellis when the time comes. Guess not.

This is correct. Looks like that's off the table now. I swear out athletic department is run by monkeys.

PassInterference
08-04-2014, 11:43 PM
I don't know why the SEC Network and MSU Radio Network can't simulcast. Unless its because of some licensing bullshit.

I have seen some pro teams do audio simulcast on radio & TV. It works fine.

And in our case, it would immediately point out that Jim Ellis needs to retire from doing football. He is supposed to be play-by-play but he keeps injecting unqualified color opinions and often is still yapping while the next play starts. And in doing play-by-play he often mumbles and pauses, leaving you guessing as to what just happened.

I like Jim Ellis, but football just moves too fast for him. He would rather comment about what just happened (which is Matt Wyatt's job) instead of describing what is happening.

Jim needs to go. Unfortunately, MSU has shown it is incapable of firing nice, likable people who happen to not be good at their jobs.

War Machine Dawg
08-04-2014, 11:54 PM
I don't know why the SEC Network and MSU Radio Network can't simulcast. Unless its because of some licensing bullshit.

And in our case, it would immediately point out that Jim Ellis needs to retire from doing football. He is supposed to be play-by-play but he keeps injecting unqualified color opinions and often is still yapping while the next play starts. And in doing play-by-play he often mumbles and pauses, leaving you guessing as to what just happened.

I like Jim Ellis, but football just moves too fast for him. He would rather comment about what just happened (which is Matt Wyatt's job) instead of describing what is happening.

Jim needs to go. Unfortunately, MSU has shown it is incapable of firing nice, likable people who happen to not be good at their jobs.

We don't have to fire Jim. There are ways to allow him to retire from football gracefully and allow him to retain his other duties. But yes, he needs to give up football ASAP. It just sucks that we lost an extremely qualified replacement to TSUN because our leaders can't get their shit together.

Todd4State
08-05-2014, 12:39 AM
We don't have to fire Jim. There are ways to allow him to retire from football gracefully and allow him to retain his other duties. But yes, he needs to give up football ASAP. It just sucks that we lost an extremely qualified replacement to TSUN because our leaders can't get their shit together.

Yeah- like tell him that he is going to do baseball and that's it. Boom. Done.

Saltydog
08-05-2014, 06:41 AM
games and he's not very good. We could certainly do better.

shoeless joe
08-05-2014, 06:50 AM

I would argue that Jim Ellis would be a perfect tv play-by-play guy. He struggles keeping up with the action and being descriptive as to what is happening. Neither of these things are as important on tv.

NashDawgMan
08-05-2014, 07:59 AM
So it sounds like each school will have its own production team for SEC network events.

Does anyone know if that is the case?

TheRef
08-05-2014, 08:24 AM
So it sounds like each school will have its own production team for SEC network events.

Does anyone know if that is the case?

Yupp. For the smaller productions that will be on SECN+ each University will be responsible.