PDA

View Full Version : How many teams would this unit start for?

CadaverDawg
08-04-2014, 08:28 PM
DE - AJ Jefferson
DT - Nick James/PJ Jones
DT - Curtis Virges/Nelson Adams
DE - Torrey Dale

LB - Zach Jackson
LB - Richie Brown
LB - Dez Harris/Gerri Green

CB - Will Redmond
CB - Cedric Giles

SS - Kendrick Market/Kivon Coman
FS - Deontay Evans

What you just read above^, is "likely" our 2nd string defense to start the season.

Political Hack
08-04-2014, 08:30 PM
there's probably 5 NFL players on that list.

DudyDawg
08-04-2014, 08:30 PM
A very large percentage outside of the power 5 and a smallish percentage inside the power 5

bulldawg28
08-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Kentucky, Ole Miss, Vandy, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mizzou,...half of the SEC as an entire group. Individually Some could start anywhere in the SEC.

Political Hack
08-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Kentucky, Ole Miss, Vandy, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mizzou,...half of the SEC as an entire group. Individually Some could start anywhere in the SEC.

I think a majority of those guys would start for those teams, but not wholesale.

bulldawg28
08-05-2014, 05:38 AM
I think a majority of those guys would start for those teams, but not wholesale.

I agree.

Bo Darville
08-05-2014, 06:22 AM

Ole Miss would not give up Gross, Conner, CJ, Prewitt, the Nkemdiches, and the rest for that group.

CottonDog
08-05-2014, 06:58 AM
A few players off of that unit could start for other SEC teams, but as a whole, they probably wouldn't start for anybody in the conference.

The Federalist Engineer
08-05-2014, 07:26 AM
Nick James, Nelson Adams, Richie Brown, PJ Jones, Will Redmond, and Cedric Jiles are all co-starters, rotation, or package players for us...would do the same for anybody in the country with few exceptions. Our Defense has personnel for meat-grinder games with Auburn and Bama....and people for spread teams. Texas A&M and Florida would probably be ranked in the top-10 if they had our D.

mic
08-05-2014, 07:27 AM
DE - AJ Jefferson
DT - Nick James/PJ Jones
DT - Curtis Virges/Nelson Adams
DE - Torrey Dale

LB - Zach Jackson
LB - Richie Brown
LB - Dez Harris/Gerri Green

CB - Will Redmond
CB - Cedric Giles

SS - Kendrick Market/Kivon Coman
FS - Deontay Evans

What you just read above^, is "likely" our 2nd string defense to start the season.

The better question is how does this line up stack up against the #2's of the other SEC teams.. ??? My guess is this lineup is for sure in the top half among the other SEC schools..
It's been a LONG time since we seen this type of depth here...

mic
08-05-2014, 07:28 AM
there's probably 5 NFL players on that list.

I agree with that...

msstate7
08-05-2014, 07:45 AM
Ole Miss would not give up Gross, Conner, CJ, Prewitt, the Nkemdiches, and the rest for that group.

I agree with that mostly, but big Kim is not a better lb than Richie brown IMO. Dez Harris and Gerri green have zero playing time, but their ceiling is light years more than Denzel. Denzel is probably the most overrated player in the sec

SaltyDawg
08-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Nick James, Nelson Adams, Richie Brown, PJ Jones, Will Redmond, and Cedric Jiles are all co-starters, rotation, or package players for us...would do the same for anybody in the country with few exceptions. Our Defense has personnel for meat-grinder games with Auburn and Bama....and people for spread teams. Texas A&M and Florida would probably be ranked in the top-10 if they had our D.

Florida had the 8th overall defense last year. Defense is not their problem, it's offense.

jumbo
08-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Florida had the 8th overall defense last year. Defense is not their problem, it's offense.

exactly. and it's not surprising when your starting QB goes down with no proven backup and the right side of your OL spends their time blocking each other

HoopsDawg
08-05-2014, 12:44 PM
Almost no teams in the SEC, but that would be a great MAC defense.

TheRef
08-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Almost no teams in the SEC, but that would be a great MAC defense.

MACTION!!!!!!