PDA

View Full Version : DIRECTV signs on for SEC Network

mjh94
08-04-2014, 04:48 PM
http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2014/08/directv-provide-new-sec-network-august-14-2014/

TheRef
08-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Cspire Fiber has added SEC Network too.

FISHDAWG
08-04-2014, 04:53 PM
I'm already paying extra for their sports pac ... I hope they dont try to charge an additional premium ... good news tho

rabbitthedawg
08-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Fanfriggintastic. Now I don't have to go through all the Hassel to switch providers. What a coup Slive and company has pulled off! Unbelievable launch on August 14th.

engie
08-04-2014, 05:09 PM
I'm already paying extra for their sports pac ... I hope they dont try to charge an additional premium ... good news tho

It'll be on the most basic or 2nd most basic tier of DTV... you won't see an immediate price increase, but the $1.30 will eventually be passed on to consumers, I'm sure...

#crickets (http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?17391-Associate-Commissioner-of-the-SEC-switches-to-AT-amp-T-U-Verse&p=203701#post203701)

Political Hack
08-04-2014, 05:25 PM
Figured it would've been done sometime a little sooner to the launch. They must've started losing some significant subscribers. They wouldn't budge for FX or AMC in a timely manner, which is why I dropped them.

The AT&T merger could be result in an improvement of service. NFL package & SEC Network = Football Dynasty.

I seen it dawg
08-04-2014, 05:52 PM
The hopper does not approve.

TheRef
08-04-2014, 05:56 PM
The hopper does not approve.

http://www.marketmenot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/dish-ipad-hopper-commercial.jpg

engie
08-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Figured it would've been done sometime a little sooner to the launch. They must've started losing some significant subscribers. They wouldn't budge for FX or AMC in a timely manner, which is why I dropped them.

The AT&T merger could be result in an improvement of service. NFL package & SEC Network = Football Dynasty.

Agreed. Problem with DTV and their sports options are the delay in changing channels... It drives me totally insane after awhile on uVerse. Knowing you are bouncing back and forth usually at huge points of other games where that time could make a difference in seeing a huge play and just seeing the celebration...

Either way, it's been even more successful than even I projected -- which most thought was overly optimistic in the first place...

Political Hack
08-04-2014, 06:29 PM
Agreed. Problem with DTV and their sports options are the delay in changing channels... It drives me totally insane after awhile on uVerse. Knowing you are bouncing back and forth usually at huge points of other games where that time could make a difference in seeing a huge play and just seeing the celebration...

Either way, it's been even more successful than even I projected -- which most thought was overly optimistic in the first place...

even comcast does that when bouncing from regular TV to an HD channel. It's frustrating.

Does DISH have this problem? They're going to knock about a huge chunk off my TV bill if I switch, so I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. Any suggestions on Dish at a cheaper price when compared to Comcast?

bobcat91
08-04-2014, 06:31 PM
Only thing not stated was would they have the watchespn agreement. I'm assuming yes but the article didn't say.

engie
08-04-2014, 06:33 PM
I'm not sure about all that. Been on uVerse for about 2 years now after many years with Directv, and I couldn't be happier. No delay between channels here.

The good thing about Dish and Dtv is their customer service and retention depts. I was following a thread on SECRant with people threatening to drop DTV over the SECNetwork and the perks they were getting were pretty insane overall...

bobcat91
08-04-2014, 06:46 PM
I just checked. It will be channel 611 on DTV.

War Machine Dawg
08-04-2014, 07:24 PM
I just checked. It will be channel 611 on DTV.

If this winds up being part of the extra sports pack, I'm going to be PISSED. That 600 range is generally for channels in that package. It better be in the 200s with ESPN, NFLN, MLBN, CBSSN, NBCS, FS1, etc.

engie
08-04-2014, 07:34 PM
If this winds up being part of the extra sports pack, I'm going to be PISSED. That 600 range is generally for channels in that package. It better be in the 200s with ESPN, NFLN, MLBN, CBSSN, NBCS, FS1, etc.

It's not. It's in their "Choice" package in SEC country. That's their $35-40 package. Same base package package you get ESPNU with... Obviously, it's in every package better than that as well. Only missing from their two extreme most basic packages...

War Machine Dawg
08-04-2014, 07:36 PM
It's not. It's in their "Choice" package in SEC country. That's their $35-40 package. Same base package package you get ESPNU with... Obviously, it's in every package better than that as well. Only missing from their two extreme most basic packages...

Excellent, I should be good to go. When can I expect them to actually show it in the guide?

engie
08-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Excellent, I should be good to go. When can I expect them to actually show it in the guide?

Uverse has been for a week or so now. I'd suspect Direct does at some point before the end of this week -- seeing how it's only a week and a half from launch...