PDA

View Full Version : Best QBs in the SEC

DudyDawg
08-04-2014, 11:43 AM
From SDS.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/ranking-the-secs-quarterbacks-for-2014/

Pollodawg
08-04-2014, 11:45 AM
Dak at fourth ****ing pisses me off. This is why I don't give a shit about preseason mags, publications, or anything like that. Sorry.

DudyDawg
08-04-2014, 11:46 AM
Dak at fourth ****ing pisses me off. This is why I don't give a shit about preseason mags, publications, or anything like that. Sorry.

I agree, but I do read them to satisfy my hunger until football starts. Not so much mad about Dak as I am with the first sentence about Sunshine. Sure SEC conference player of the year contender apparently

Pollodawg
08-04-2014, 11:47 AM
I mean. Seriously. Matty Mauk is ahead of Dak? That's a load of shit. Nick Marshall started an entire season, and his stats weren't that much better than Daks.....

DudyDawg
08-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Marshall is somehow number one on every single one of these lists and I'm not really sure he's anything more than that high school "QB" who is just a great athlete and threw it decent enough to be stuck at quarterback. I suppose he's being stuck there by default, since so many left, but he doesn't scare me a bit.

mic
08-04-2014, 11:58 AM
Unlike Bo did after hearing about the 1st and 2nd team preseason selections at media days , I'm sure Dak isnt going to cry and complain to the media about not be selected 1 or 2..

SDS goes back and forth on players and teams more than a politician does ...

Steakonastick
08-04-2014, 12:06 PM
It's a down year for preseason sec qbs. if Johnny, Murray, mcarron, metternberger and shaw would all be number 1 this year if they could play.

Marshall is the guy by default. he did beat Wallace and dak last year. He also led his team to natl championship game.

Wallace is not super flashy but he has good returning stats and a two year resume.

Only reason I can guess maulk over dak is he did win a few some big games last year mostly beat USC.

Dak has the greatest potential by far of any if these guys. If he can stay healthy and we have a great year he will be number 1.

sandwolf
08-04-2014, 12:11 PM
Mizzou lost to USC last year.

War Machine Dawg
08-04-2014, 12:15 PM
I mean. Seriously. Matty Mauk is ahead of Dak? That's a load of shit. Nick Marshall started an entire season, and his stats weren't that much better than Daks.....

Mauk played more and stayed healthy. I have no problem with putting him ahead of Dak. Hard to argue against Marshall. He was one of the most efficient QBs in the nation last season. No way Bo Dirt should be ahead of Dak, though. Dak should be no worse than 3rd on any pre-season list.

TheRef
08-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Mizzou lost to USC last year.

LACES OUT, DAN!!!!

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/missouri-field-goal-laces-out-in.jpg

http://31.media.tumblr.com/113971a645f6755ef5eb84af2934fa66/tumblr_mikuq1eq8U1ro4k8no1_1280.jpg

Bothrops
08-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Dak is the most naturally gifted and talented qb out of that top 4. They seem to be basing this on stats and record. I doubt these idiots have seen him play. Or they just hate us, along with every other publication.

DudyDawg
08-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Well, we also failed to get one RB on their list