PDA

View Full Version : Jacob Lindgren has lost his mind...

CadaverDawg
08-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Apparently he came into tonight averaging like 19 K's per 9 IP in the minors, and proceeded to strikeout 4 in 1.2 innings, which included a 4 K inning. Dude may end up pitching in NY this October if he keeps this crap up, ha

Todd4State
08-03-2014, 10:15 PM
I think we all know how he got 4 K's in one inning.

Our fans need to remember this when the inevitable "Gavin Collins needs to work on his defense" comments are made. Pro catchers in High A- Ball are having trouble with Lindgren.

msstate7
08-03-2014, 10:24 PM
I think lindgren is great and he'll get to the show, but I think mlb hitters have much better strike zone awareness. Lindgren will need to harness his slider. He can't keep throwing all the wild pitches. He is some kind of nasty though

preachermatt83
08-04-2014, 12:54 AM
I think we all know how he got 4 K's in one inning.

Our fans need to remember this when the inevitable "Gavin Collins needs to work on his defense" comments are made. Pro catchers in High A- Ball are having trouble with Lindgren.

EXACTLY!!

Todd4State
08-04-2014, 01:09 AM
I think lindgren is great and he'll get to the show, but I think mlb hitters have much better strike zone awareness. Lindgren will need to harness his slider. He can't keep throwing all the wild pitches. He is some kind of nasty though

He does have to harness his control a little bit, but Lindgren has a MLB quality slider right now. The catchers will also get better as he progresses and that will help too. It will be interesting to watch him at AA because the Yankees number two prospect just so happens to be a catcher named Gary Sanchez who is at AA right now. Brian McCann should be able to handle Lindgren as well.

smootness
08-04-2014, 07:10 PM
As long as he throws his slider in or near the zone some, he'll get MLB hitters to swing and miss plenty. As long as they know they have to respect it, it'll fool them.