PDA

View Full Version : Different football topic...

CadaverDawg
08-03-2014, 08:53 PM
You're the head coach of our next opponent. How are you game planning against us? List your defensive strategy to combat our offense, and your offensive strategy to attack our D.

Go...

Todd4State
08-03-2014, 08:57 PM
Curl up in the fetal position and try not to think about Dak, Bear, Robinson, Jameon, McKinney, or Chris Jones.

jbjones
08-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Wow. What a good topic, and mental challenge.

I'd put a heavy force on the front. You know we're going to always find a way to run the ball. However, QB15 changes everything. He can throw. And he has targets. GREAT targets.

I'm going to put force up front, hope for the best, and make my LB's run sideline to sideline (God bless 'em if they can handle that), and limit the man-man in the Secondary as much as humanly possible. I want my CB's eyes on QB15. Yes...I know that will open up many lanes, but with the backfield MSU has, you had better not not take a down off. I'd pray like hell that I had tacklers on my D. Any mistackles are going for big YAC.

dickiedawg
08-03-2014, 09:20 PM
Agree with most of this. I'm focusing on stopping the run until MSU proves they are a threat to burn me through the air.

DudyDawg
08-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Dumb thread. Now opposing coaches will know how to beat us!!!!!**

jbjones
08-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Agree with most of this. I'm focusing on stopping the run until MSU proves they are a threat to burn me through the air.

Exactly right, then when QB15 hits a few for 15...35....50 yard passes, things will change. Suddenly, I'm starting to lean on my FS, and maybe a Nickel, but if I'm CDM, I'm feeding #34 right off guard, and those sideline-to-sideline LBs are toast.

In all honesty, it is a nightmare doing what CD has asked. I'm glad that I'm not an opposing DC. I love Defense, but gaming our Offense is pretty damned tricky, even if you're a fan.

HoopsDawg
08-03-2014, 09:34 PM
I play man coverage on our outside WR's. I walk my safety up b/c we haven't shown we can beat you over the top. I may assign someone to Dak b/c our RB's don't scare me.

Offensively, I'm attacking us down the middle of the field. Cox is new to the position and Hughes and/or Market don't really scare me. I'm only running the ball to keep the defense honest and when i do, I'm attacking the edges.

CadaverDawg
08-03-2014, 09:35 PM
If I'm defensive coordinator, I'm stacking the box and playing man to man in coverage until Dak, Jameon, Bear, RoJo make me pay for it with the passing game. If/When they do...I'm switching to a zone and hoping Dak tries to force it.

Offensively, I'm running straight at our D, and then trying to take advantage of their pursuit with screen passes and draw plays. And doing a lot of praying, because I don't see a weak spot. Hoping for a mistake

Steakonastick
08-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Running a very physical cover 2. Also I am going to have my ends in a 9 technique strong side and a 6 on the weak. I am going to push everything back up the middle. On passing downs I will run a ss spy on dak. My goal is to frustrate him and hope he does not get into a grove. Also by playing the wide ends it's forces him to give the ball more often then not. When I blitz it will be off his throwing shoulder side. I wanna see how well he throws it moving away from that arm.

On offense I am going very uptempo, pass happy spread. We have a very large almost nfl size front 7. I wanna make those big boys run sideline to sideline. I am also going to do a lot of 3 and 5 step drops. This should help against our pass rush. I also attack the seams in the passing game. I think our safety's are the one question mark on d. Will Hughes be back to 100 percent after his injury and can Cox be that middle of the field ballhawk.

CadaverDawg
08-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Running a very physical cover 2. Also I am going to have my ends in a 9 technique strong side and a 6 on the weak. I am going to push everything back up the middle. On passing downs I will run a ss spy on dak. My goal is to frustrate him and hope he does not get into a grove. Also by playing the wide ends it's forces him to give the ball more often then not. When I blitz it will be off his throwing shoulder side. I wanna see how well he throws it moving away from that arm.

On offense I am going very uptempo, pass happy spread. We have a very large almost nfl size front 7. I wanna make those big boys run sideline to sideline. I am also going to do a lot of 3 and 5 step drops. This should help against our pass rush. I also attack the seams in the passing game. I think our safety's are the one question mark on d. Will Hughes be back to 100 percent after his injury and can Cox be that middle of the field ballhawk.

Nice breakdown.

shoeless joe
08-03-2014, 10:28 PM
I start the year before...recruit 5* talent. Sign em with promises of blow and blows. Allow them to prepare however they see fit. Baptize them in my glory, then hope on game day they don't push any coaches down and hope the cameras aren't on when someone loses their mind and goes postal: be it a player, assistant, or myself.

The Federalist Engineer
08-03-2014, 11:16 PM
Defense:
(1) Assign my top CB to Jameon, no matter where he lines up
(2) Assign my 2nd best CB to Wilson, when wide
(3) Lineup lots of people at the line and zone blitz
(4) On obvious throwing plays, use 3 man fronts and drop 8 into coverage and zone
(5) Contain us in the red-zone, make us drive the field, and make us kick field goals
(6) Hope we are using the same kicker as 2013 and that no other MSU WR can run routes and catch the ball

Offense:
(1) Overload with TEs to help with MSU DL size
(2) Use option plays if the QB can run some option
(3) Throw with playaction
(4) Test our CBs for soft coverage early
(5) Make our CBs tackle by running away from McKinney
(6) Have another QB ready, starter may not last
(7) Only throw high percentage passes or throw away
(8) Occationally use 5/4-WRs to swing "Spread-Screen" passes