PDA

View Full Version : MGCCC

DawgPoundRock
08-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Whats the deal with MGCCC? I noticed that everyone seems to be committed to Auburn. Do we not have a good relationship there?

ShotgunDawg
08-03-2014, 04:49 PM
You know, our Mississippi tax dollars go towards helping other state's programs.

engie
08-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Hud was the real connection there. We got Dylan Holley since Hud left -- and that was a bit of an oversell by Campbell and a reach by us IMO. But I'm unsure about the new guy with Campbell at Central Arky -- know nothing there.

Our better connections in JUCO are pretty obvious in our placements lately... If there's one area I wish we could be better -- it's in locking down JUCO inside of MS...

FISHDAWG
08-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Hud was the real connection there. We got Dylan Holley since Hud left -- and that was a bit of an oversell by Campbell and a reach by us IMO. But I'm unsure about the new guy with Campbell at Central Arky -- know nothing there.

Our better connections in JUCO are pretty obvious in our placements lately... If there's one area I wish we could be better -- it's in locking down JUCO inside of MS...

would it make any sense to spread some of our placement guys around or would that be to risky ?

bulldawg28
08-03-2014, 05:44 PM
would it make any sense to spread some of our placement guys around or would that be to risky ?

Too risky. Juco coaches are the worst.

Big4Dawg
08-03-2014, 06:03 PM
I think Co-Lin will be our new go too, as Farrod Green'a dad coaches there

deltadawg99
08-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Is dorsett Davis not still coaching DL there?

Coach34
08-03-2014, 07:20 PM
As long as Glen is there- Co-Lin is our best friend

Political Hack
08-03-2014, 07:31 PM

Campbell went way too far in celebrating Holley. when he talks someone up, it's usually for good reason. I think he still viewed State as lil" ol" mittittippi tate' and didn't realize the level of talent they were bringing in. After that, I wouldn't expect our staff to trust his judgement any further. Melvin will have a great relationship with him as will Hud, so that's two schools to compete with already. Plus, CDM has been supportive of EMCC and Co-Lin with player placements and that's Campbell's main competition. We're basically loading his enemies up with SEC talent.

bulldawg28
08-03-2014, 08:12 PM
As long as Glen is there- Co-Lin is our best friend

This.

War Machine Dawg
08-03-2014, 11:04 PM
We've got a very good relationship with ICC, too. Wish we'd use them more than we do.

Todd4State
08-04-2014, 01:18 AM
Campbell went way too far in celebrating Holley. when he talks someone up, it's usually for good reason. I think he still viewed State as lil" ol" mittittippi tate' and didn't realize the level of talent they were bringing in. After that, I wouldn't expect our staff to trust his judgement any further. Melvin will have a great relationship with him as will Hud, so that's two schools to compete with already. Plus, CDM has been supportive of EMCC and Co-Lin with player placements and that's Campbell's main competition. We're basically loading his enemies up with SEC talent.

I think either Campbell simply misevaluated Holley or he just wanted to help the guy out because he wanted to go to MSU really bad. Or maybe he wanted to break the ice to get a pipeline going like we have at Co-Lin and EMCC.

Todd4State
08-04-2014, 01:19 AM
We've got a very good relationship with ICC, too. Wish we'd use them more than we do.

I'm partial to Hinds.

War Machine Dawg
08-04-2014, 01:24 AM
I'm partial to Hinds.

Gotta rep my JUCO alma mater. #Indian4Life

deltadawg99
08-04-2014, 02:50 AM

Johnson85
08-04-2014, 08:51 AM
I think either Campbell simply misevaluated Holley or he just wanted to help the guy out because he wanted to go to MSU really bad. Or maybe he wanted to break the ice to get a pipeline going like we have at Co-Lin and EMCC.

I think Holley was just a coach's player. Did everything the right way but wasn't quite enough to make up for lack of SEC talent. I'm not sure Campbell really oversold him to us. He talked him up after we signed him, but I thought we signed him late in the process after we missed on a few OL prospects and just needed a player to provide immediate depth. So I'm thinking maybe the coaches new exactly what they were getting with him.