PDA

View Full Version : Fishing out of venice

I seen it dawg
08-02-2014, 04:34 PM
I am beyond novice but meeting 3 good friends and taking a charter out next Saturday. Anything you experienced anglers can tell me? I've done it once before and ripped the redfish.

BeastMan
08-02-2014, 07:32 PM
Inshore or offshore? My only advice on a charter is to fish how the captain suggest and drink copious amounts of beer.

MSUDawg4Life
08-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Beastman's advice is probably as good as it gets. Let us know how it goes.

I seen it dawg
08-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Def plan on that. I don't think we are going offshore, just in the marshes. I assume reds, trout?

SpeckleDawg
08-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Beastman pretty much covered it. Venice is awesome. Y'all should catch a ton of reds. Last time I was there was this time of year and we caught limits of tripletail (guide limited it himself, as there was no limit at the time) each day and of course reds. Just prepare to start planning a return trip. Good luck.

FISHDAWG
08-03-2014, 01:36 PM
if you're going out of Venice it would be a crime not to run offshore ... short run to very deep water = all types of pelagic species ... on the other hand, if you are into inshore fishing the place simply is the best in the world ... I used to work offshore out of Venice and have fished in and offshore there. To find offshore action that even comes close to Venice (Northern Gulf) would have to be Destin and that a lot of times is hit or miss ..... Venice is always hit and hit again